Season Preview - Omar Kelly & Dave Hyde | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Preview - Omar Kelly & Dave Hyde

We are here to detail and chronical the tank of 2019....

Presupposes the Dolphins are playing to lose, this presupposition taints all of his analysis. If a team is rebuilding, it would cut it's overpriced and underused players. I don't care for his condescending attitude and mocking of the team and fans who are in favor of the rebuild and have been calling for it for so long. Actually, Omar has been calling for this so it is surprising, other than his M.O. is to be antagonistic and condescending.
Again mocking the trades, especially Stills because, well, if you don't know, Omar is racist. Hyde gets it and says it is a bold strategy, 20 years of "dumb" is what has brought the franchise to this. IMO they are fixated on the idea of "tanking", there is a specific dicionary definition for this and I believe it is used as a straw-man fallacy.
Again, Omar mocking Grier, mocking their behavior in trading Tunsil... surprisingly he agrees with the picks for Tunsil. So it strange, other than Omar is an asshole. Goes on to criticize Tunsil for being immature and Tua being a left handed QB blah, blah, blah.
Goes on to praise the "unicorns" his pet phrase for the "good" Oline in the Tannehill years, which played together for maybe 5 games.
Hyde continues to make a measured analysis of the Stills trade and Tunsil for their behaviors and selfish attitudes and appreciative of the moves by Grier.
Omar says all the players want off the Dolphins, that the organization as a whole is train wreck. He tries to remember the names of the traded players to the Dolphins and mocks the players and the staff for having to use them.

Answers some questions from Twitter:::
What's the record? 2-3 wins at home because of the "ground and pound" and again mocks the offensive players. Hyde says 0 wins, they are purposely losing. Omar says Drake and Howard will win games for Miami. Fitzpatrick could win 5 games. Continues to mock the roster, laughing at how horrible it is, that players will get injured and there's no depth. (I agree with this).

Agree with rebuild, trading to many players too late? The team is a joke...??? Omar, yes the point is to be as bad as you can be to get Tua. Says there are other bad teams, Miami has made it so they are the worst of the worst. Davenport will play right tackle, Davis to play Left tackle, goes on to mock the player, giddy at the proposition that he would be horrible. Calls off these other players, putting Hyde to sleep with O-Line talk, because Omar is an O-Line genius and his intelligence is overwhelming to others. Yet, Surprisingly, he agrees with the moves to load the O-Line with possibilities, even though they suck.

Fitzpatrick is the QB, why not Rosen??? Rosen is not a good player in training and OTA's, the players on the team do not believe in Rosen and at some point (mocking the franchise) saying Rosen will save the season, used to sell tickets. Hahaha, the dolphins suck so bad, the playrs suck, Tannehill was the best of people who suck and he sucked, muahahhaha. Hyde says Rosen was close in preseason games, Omar says "hahah, what one drive... pfffft". THERE IS NO PLAYER ON THE TEAM THAT LIKES ROSEN. Hyde seems to want Rosen to be Qb, Omar mocks him for his opinion. Rosen is as good as Ruddock, says he's a cheap back-up. Hyde says, you gotta keep swinging for QB's till you hit one. Omar goes on to say everyone is mediocre, Hyde says the oline is bad not even mediocre, Omar likes Jessie Davis.

Rosen, any part of the future??? Omar says they don't like what he has shown them, he is bad at the playbook and late on his throws, says he is like Chad Henne, is in favor of Rosen playing so he can deliver the #1 pick. The players are being worked like dogs and they hate it, the hardest training camp since Sporano, Flores is grinding the players to death but the players will hold a mutiny.

Two players to focus on??? PrestonWilliams, Kalen Ballage (should be the starter), Baker and Fitzpatrick - says they need to play at pro bowl levels. Hyde says no one is talking about Wilkins, Omar laughs at him for voicing his opinion and begins to mock him, says he's just a rotational guy.

What is the contingency plan if Tua stays??? It's a two year tank job (hyde), Omar says it's not a two year tank, says Herbert, Fromm, and he is going to watch college football so close. Says people he knows really like Fromm and think he can be the guy but needs to see him beat Alabama. He thinks Hurts is ok, says his favorite is Love but ultimately the best is Tua - likes everything about him and says "hey, you need to tank for this guy, the best since Luck".

What if Tua refuses to go to Miami??? Omar says, well, then you go for Lawrence. Says well, mocking the franchise and it's fanbase, really who wants to come to miami??? hahahahaha, omg the team and the fans are a joke. Omar says they just do dumb crap all the time... hahahaa, i'm so funny.

Team not competitive.... is Flores on board??? Grier has control over who comes in, Flores knew coming in that he has a 5 year guarantee and this rebuild was planned. Maybe they disagree on a player to player basis, but the rebuild was agreed on. Omar says Grier is a joke, says Orchard won a spot on the team and they treated him like a slave, Hyde says c'mon man he's been on 6 teams and he played decent against 3rd stringers dude. Hyde says you gotta give Grier wide latitude to determine how to be competitive and players cut/signed. Omar goes on to mock Flores and his philosophy, says the players think he's a fraud if they don't win. Hyde says, shut up dumbass, there's no talent on the team to analyse his gameday philosophy, Omar says you better keep the games close, but he can't wait for the players to turn on Flores, as a matter of fact he already has articles written for when it inevitably happens and can't wait to gloat over the fools that think differently than him. Hyde says, give me a break, you have to see individual development.

Staff/front office, putting team first, not overpaying..;:??? Hyde says, yeah everybody wants Brady and a wining structure. Says Ross said "go lose" (even though he never said that). Omar says he is in favor of the rebuild, and you have to do this to change the culture. Hyde says players wont mind doing all this crazy stuff like the TNT wall and hard practices if you win. Omar says yeah, and he can't wait till the rats jump ship and tell him their stories and this becomes a clown show so he can laugh with the clowns cause he is a clown. honk honk.
Hyde says he's a columnist and he likes the turmoil because he wants to write about it too, he just isn't an asshole like Omar.

Is the tunsil trade acceptable??? Hyde says its a great trade for Miami because of the picks and the future money you gotta pay Tunsil. Now they have draft day flexability. But he is scared because there's no one to protect him. Omar says Googs is the best O-line coach, coached the best unit in the NFL last year. Mocks Hyde who says he has already be fired by the dolphins before. Omar says he's been hired 3 times, he's the best was let go because of coaching changes... he can't wait because he loves to write stuff and says the players are terrible but googs is great.

WR's?? Injuries will determine it. Jakeem... mocks people who likes Grant, says he's just a gadget guy...lol you dummies. Hyde says he's ok. Drake as a receiver? says he's Faulk like but hyde says can he get you one yard when you need one yard, Omar laughs... yeah right.

Celebrate one loss at a time, hope Bama protects Tua (he's a tiny dude, and injury prone good luck dumbasses).

Prediction? Omar 2 wins at home, maybe will win Sunday? Hyde laughs, really? other teams will treat Miami as a bye week, Hyde says they will be the trap in the trap games. Hyde says 2-3 wins is optimistic. Hyde says 0 wins, underdogs every game. Omar says 2007 was painful and expects this year to be just as painful, and he can't wait to mock the players and fans as he throws shade at the franchise, muahahahheh...

We are here to detail and chronical the tank of 2019....

Presupposes the Dolphins are playing to lose, this presupposition taints all of his analysis. If a team is rebuilding, it would cut it's overpriced and underused players. I don't care for his condescending attitude and mocking of the team and fans who are in favor of the rebuild and have been calling for it for so long. Actually, Omar has been calling for this so it is surprising, other than his M.O. is to be antagonistic and condescending.
Again mocking the trades, especially Stills because, well, if you don't know, Omar is racist. Hyde gets it and says it is a bold strategy, 20 years of "dumb" is what has brought the franchise to this. IMO they are fixated on the idea of "tanking", there is a specific dicionary definition for this and I believe it is used as a straw-man fallacy.
Again, Omar mocking Grier, mocking their behavior in trading Tunsil... surprisingly he agrees with the picks for Tunsil. So it strange, other than Omar is an *******. Goes on to criticize Tunsil for being immature and Tua being a left handed QB blah, blah, blah.
Goes on to praise the "unicorns" his pet phrase for the "good" Oline in the Tannehill years, which played together for maybe 5 games.
Hyde continues to make a measured analysis of the Stills trade and Tunsil for their behaviors and selfish attitudes and appreciative of the moves by Grier.
Omar says all the players want off the Dolphins, that the organization as a whole is train wreck. He tries to remember the names of the traded players to the Dolphins and mocks the players and the staff for having to use them.

Answers some questions from Twitter:::
What's the record? 2-3 wins at home because of the "ground and pound" and again mocks the offensive players. Hyde says 0 wins, they are purposely losing. Omar says Drake and Howard will win games for Miami. Fitzpatrick could win 5 games. Continues to mock the roster, laughing at how horrible it is, that players will get injured and there's no depth. (I agree with this).

Agree with rebuild, trading to many players too late? The team is a joke...??? Omar, yes the point is to be as bad as you can be to get Tua. Says there are other bad teams, Miami has made it so they are the worst of the worst. Davenport will play right tackle, Davis to play Left tackle, goes on to mock the player, giddy at the proposition that he would be horrible. Calls off these other players, putting Hyde to sleep with O-Line talk, because Omar is an O-Line genius and his intelligence is overwhelming to others. Yet, Surprisingly, he agrees with the moves to load the O-Line with possibilities, even though they suck.

Fitzpatrick is the QB, why not Rosen??? Rosen is not a good player in training and OTA's, the players on the team do not believe in Rosen and at some point (mocking the franchise) saying Rosen will save the season, used to sell tickets. Hahaha, the dolphins suck so bad, the playrs suck, Tannehill was the best of people who suck and he sucked, muahahhaha. Hyde says Rosen was close in preseason games, Omar says "hahah, what one drive... pfffft". THERE IS NO PLAYER ON THE TEAM THAT LIKES ROSEN. Hyde seems to want Rosen to be Qb, Omar mocks him for his opinion. Rosen is as good as Ruddock, says he's a cheap back-up. Hyde says, you gotta keep swinging for QB's till you hit one. Omar goes on to say everyone is mediocre, Hyde says the oline is bad not even mediocre, Omar likes Jessie Davis.

Rosen, any part of the future??? Omar says they don't like what he has shown them, he is bad at the playbook and late on his throws, says he is like Chad Henne, is in favor of Rosen playing so he can deliver the #1 pick. The players are being worked like dogs and they hate it, the hardest training camp since Sporano, Flores is grinding the players to death but the players will hold a mutiny.

Two players to focus on??? PrestonWilliams, Kalen Ballage (should be the starter), Baker and Fitzpatrick - says they need to play at pro bowl levels. Hyde says no one is talking about Wilkins, Omar laughs at him for voicing his opinion and begins to mock him, says he's just a rotational guy.

What is the contingency plan if Tua stays??? It's a two year tank job (hyde), Omar says it's not a two year tank, says Herbert, Fromm, and he is going to watch college football so close. Says people he knows really like Fromm and think he can be the guy but needs to see him beat Alabama. He thinks Hurts is ok, says his favorite is Love but ultimately the best is Tua - likes everything about him and says "hey, you need to tank for this guy, the best since Luck".

What if Tua refuses to go to Miami??? Omar says, well, then you go for Lawrence. Says well, mocking the franchise and it's fanbase, really who wants to come to miami??? hahahahaha, omg the team and the fans are a joke. Omar says they just do dumb crap all the time... hahahaa, i'm so funny.

Team not competitive.... is Flores on board??? Grier has control over who comes in, Flores knew coming in that he has a 5 year guarantee and this rebuild was planned. Maybe they disagree on a player to player basis, but the rebuild was agreed on. Omar says Grier is a joke, says Orchard won a spot on the team and they treated him like a slave, Hyde says c'mon man he's been on 6 teams and he played decent against 3rd stringers dude. Hyde says you gotta give Grier wide latitude to determine how to be competitive and players cut/signed. Omar goes on to mock Flores and his philosophy, says the players think he's a fraud if they don't win. Hyde says, shut up dumbass, there's no talent on the team to analyse his gameday philosophy, Omar says you better keep the games close, but he can't wait for the players to turn on Flores, as a matter of fact he already has articles written for when it inevitably happens and can't wait to gloat over the fools that think differently than him. Hyde says, give me a break, you have to see individual development.

Staff/front office, putting team first, not overpaying..;:??? Hyde says, yeah everybody wants Brady and a wining structure. Says Ross said "go lose" (even though he never said that). Omar says he is in favor of the rebuild, and you have to do this to change the culture. Hyde says players wont mind doing all this crazy stuff like the TNT wall and hard practices if you win. Omar says yeah, and he can't wait till the rats jump ship and tell him their stories and this becomes a clown show so he can laugh with the clowns cause he is a clown. honk honk.
Hyde says he's a columnist and he likes the turmoil because he wants to write about it too, he just isn't an ******* like Omar.

Is the tunsil trade acceptable??? Hyde says its a great trade for Miami because of the picks and the future money you gotta pay Tunsil. Now they have draft day flexability. But he is scared because there's no one to protect him. Omar says Googs is the best O-line coach, coached the best unit in the NFL last year. Mocks Hyde who says he has already be fired by the dolphins before. Omar says he's been hired 3 times, he's the best was let go because of coaching changes... he can't wait because he loves to write stuff and says the players are terrible but googs is great.

WR's?? Injuries will determine it. Jakeem... mocks people who likes Grant, says he's just a gadget guy...lol you dummies. Hyde says he's ok. Drake as a receiver? says he's Faulk like but hyde says can he get you one yard when you need one yard, Omar laughs... yeah right.

Celebrate one loss at a time, hope Bama protects Tua (he's a tiny dude, and injury prone good luck dumbasses).

Prediction? Omar 2 wins at home, maybe will win Sunday? Hyde laughs, really? other teams will treat Miami as a bye week, Hyde says they will be the trap in the trap games. Hyde says 2-3 wins is optimistic. Hyde says 0 wins, underdogs every game. Omar says 2007 was painful and expects this year to be just as painful, and he can't wait to mock the players and fans as he throws shade at the franchise, muahahahheh...
Excellent! Thanks for watching the video, evaluating it and stating your opinions. I appreciate that.

Tiny nitpick, Omar was saying that there wasn't a single player that supported Rosen starting based on what they had seen in practices, not that they didn't like him personally. I think Omar believes their is still an open door for the team to rally behind Rosen if his play on the practice field improves, and I would agree with that. Otherwise, great job addressing his points and thanks for your insight!

So Omar Kelly now makes sense...We've passed through the stargate boys. Hang on and keep your wits about you. This is gonna be a bumpy season.

Can someone please explain to me why some fans are not happy..I’ll give you three facts that make me not understand that POV

1) with a complete new staff,we are in a rebuilding year.

2) we have more draft capitol then any other team going into the offseason, maybe over the next two years.

3) we now have more money to spend relative to the cap then any other team for free agency..

How is this not exciting?? And strategic??

Can someone please explain to me why some fans are not happy..I’ll give you three facts that make me not understand that POV

2) we have more draft capitol then any other team going into the offseason, maybe over the next two years.

3) we now have more money to spend relative to the cap then any other team for free agency..

Agreed.

This team will look drastically different a year from now. I expect we use our fat load of cash to bolster up the OL next year

My biggest problem with the video is Omar quotes Jones statements as fact. Jones is a great player, but I always triple check anything Jones says. Also, Jones has legitimate reasons to be upset with the franchise. Not a good source to openly quote.

As for everything else said during the video, I have no intention to draw any conclusions until I see how the Phins play during the regular season. Just like all of you, I have speculative ideas. I want to see a real game to see if my speculations are accurate.

Omar will mock his own mother to get clicks and sell papers. Look we all knew this may be a few years before the possibility of success begins to take shape. Where I have my issues with Omar, he states, the players already don't like Flores and the Grier comment about him being a joke. Very inappropriate!!! He acts like he's the God given insider information guru of the Miami Dolphins!!!

Here is what I am gathering as why fans are upset or not convinced this is good plan. Same with media.

First before tunsil trade I think most media said this was way to go. No problems.

Losing kiko, tj, cam wake, tannehill etc wasn’t big loss.

Like myself I think a lot of people feel the trade for tunsil was great in terms of assests. Texans def. overplayed. We got better part of the deal. No doubt in that area .

Here is where the media or fan concerns come in I think.
1Can Miami hit big on those picks? We historically have struggled when trading players for picks.

2Now we need to use one of those picks to get a left tackle which are not easy to find. Unless we can get free agent. But those don’t often make it to free agency unless they are old or average or injury questions

3Finally the picks will be lower from the Texans which will make it harder to hit on the picks.

4Finally it will be hard to evaluate rosen, other players or even Flores with little talent.

I admit I think we got great assets from Texans but I have some of those concerns.

The one thing I am not worried about is a revolt. That is dumb. Players probably are pissed but they need to put on good tape for contracts , their career , and some are so young that this is their first chance in nfl.
They will play hard. They might be pissed about trade but they won’t quit or revolt.

I like the plan but preferred we not traded tunsil and even signed a vet guard better then reed in free agency. I just wanted a decent line to evaluate players. Otherwise total rebuild is the way to go even if painful.

Those are what I think are concerning fans and some media. Any buddy agree or disagre? Interested to hear thoughts on posters question.

Just my opinion. They are both hard to listen to.

There are posters here with a better argument for the same things that both Omar and Hyde are trying to sell us without the side crap. There are definately better writers on this forum on both sides of every opinion.

They both come off as fans, not people with "inside" info. They both preach opinions more than facts and that makes them both come across as really bad journalists. If I was Flores and I watched Omar's mocking I might just give the Sun Sentinel a call and let them know that if they want a scoop again to send someone else.

But - his opinions all carry water. they are too vague not to. IF Flores loses he will lose the team! Duh yea. This is a complete roster breakdown. Thanks captain obvious. Players complain about the training. Hello? that's common for every team before the season starts.

its not possible for Omar or Mando, the two gigglers to possibly make any kind of sense.
and Omar is threatening with leaving like he could find such a soft gig elsewhere. he ll quit around the time we get the predicted 'riot'. LOL

Like any human being Omar can make valid points from time to time. My issue with him is he is never wrong, and IMO he takes far too much pleasure laughing at the Phins. Even when they were a contending play-off team. Unless the Tuna is running things in Miami he rarely has anything positive to say.

I only watch the show because of Dave Hyde. Personally I still respect his POV.

It's a perfectly acceptable defense mechanism. We have sucked for far too long. So what if we're "still in the hunt" in week 12 and end up 8-8 every year - that shouldn't be acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom