Season Ticket Holders | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Ticket Holders

Yo!

I would like to get in the mindset from some seasonticket holders and hear your thoughts on the tanking process, the magnitude of Sundays blowout and whether you plan on turning up to every game this season.
I can only speak of myself and those who are seasonticket holders around me. Some won't make all the games because of work or private circumstances (marriage, expecting babies etc). But otherwise they all continue to go. For us it is a life style. It is an all day event. You get together with people, drink and eat and have a good time.
During the last game we had our own fun and celebrated first downs like we have just made the playoffs.

It is all about attitude and how you look at the games. For us it is entertainment. And to be honest going through hard times together will make the good times so much sweeter.
Most people who do not go on a regular basis, have very little investment in the team besides watching them on TV on Sundays and/or even became very recent seasonticket holders do not understand that Sunday's at the games in the stadium is a lifestyle. I grew up loving the Dolphins and I handed it down to my son. Now, in his 30s he continuous to tailgate with me and his friends who grew up like him joined my friends who began to love the Dolphins when we were a better team.

And like @Albert Romano said: there is so much more to see and enjoy that even the cheerleaders become an afterthought.

For us it is not a waste of money. It is part of the entertainment budget.

Let me give you an example of a young college student becoming a seasonticket holder despite the fact that she is struggling with money but would rather spend the money on seasontickets than a night or two out partying.
After the recent relocation I was seated next to a gentleman who was a seasonticket holder for 20+ years. That was in 2015. He always came with his daughter which I really didn't pay much attention to since she sat on his left (I sat to his right). Last year's preseason (2018) some lady was sitting next to me whom I have never seen before. Since most in my area are long time season ticket holders I was curious and struck a conversation up with her. It was his wife. She told me that the previous March her husband past away. Since the new rules of seasonticket holder renewals are from Nov to Nov and the tickets were already paid for they decided to keep them for last year.
During the regular season I actually met his daughter which was hidden from sight in previous years. She told me that she doesn't know what to do with the tickets. Her mom is not that big of a fan to go to every game but she grew up loving the Dolphins and it has become a big part of her life. She dances (to everyone's delight around us), cheers and just has a good time. I said to her "[name redacted], you really think you can give that up. You have way too much fun." And with a big smile she says " You are right". She took over the tickets, renewed them and last year she became a part of our tailgate group as well. She can't make it to every game because of her college and part time work but she is exactly the person people on FH wonder "who wants to go to the games when we suck".

The home opener she didn't make it because of work but her mom came instead. After the game she texted me: "I can't wait for next week to see you all again."

That is the attitude of a seasonticket holder.

I’m still thinking about going to the jets game dec 8. Will be my first time at that stadium. Would like to know the general section a lot of fins fans sit.

He did ask for the opinions of others as well.

Also, any fans out there that may be thinking about flying in to see a game - Has Sunday's game changed your mind about going? I know the whole gameday experince is amazing but nobody enjoys being embarrassed like we were on Sunday.
The game this weekend has not changed anything. You could see this season coming all summer. To be honest, I wasn't coming for another 7 win season either, so maybe in a few years if things change for the better.

So you are selling your tickets on the open market?

No one is buying Dolphins tickets - I sold my pair of tickets face value $120 for $60 a pair for the opener. Its a lost investment. I will go to about 3 home games this year. I live in The Bahamas so it is a process to get to games. I would have been there last weekend if it were not for a pre-arranges trip I was on.

I feel like season ticket holders this year deserve some kind of extra love on Finheaven, like 1,000 additional likes get added to their Reaction score.

I guess the good news is everyone will probably get multiple isolation shots on TV this year.

I’m still thinking about going to the jets game dec 8. Will be my first time at that stadium. Would like to know the general section a lot of fins fans sit.
sections 101 through 107. corner sections 153 and 154. 153/154/101 is the Dolphins tunnel.
Lower sidelines 142 - 150 and upp sidelines 341 -351. Those sections are home side.

No one is buying Dolphins tickets - I sold my pair of tickets face value $120 for $60 a pair for the opener. Its a lost investment. I will go to about 3 home games this year. I live in The Bahamas so it is a process to get to games. I would have been there last weekend if it were not for a pre-arranges trip I was on.
It shouldn't be an investment.
So you are selling to opponents fans as well?

Always wanted Dolphins season tickets and financially i was able to do it this year.

I'll go to a lot of the games but i'll probably sell a few games to get my money back like this weekend and the Philly game.

I can only speak of myself and those who are seasonticket holders around me. Some won't make all the games because of work or private circumstances (marriage, expecting babies etc). But otherwise they all continue to go. For us it is a life style. It is an all day event. You get together with people, drink and eat and have a good time.
During the last game we had our own fun and celebrated first downs like we have just made the playoffs.

It is all about attitude and how you look at the games. For us it is entertainment. And to be honest going through hard times together will make the good times so much sweeter.
Most people who do not go on a regular basis, have very little investment in the team besides watching them on TV on Sundays and/or even became very recent seasonticket holders do not understand that Sunday's at the games in the stadium is a lifestyle. I grew up loving the Dolphins and I handed it down to my son. Now, in his 30s he continuous to tailgate with me and his friends who grew up like him joined my friends who began to love the Dolphins when we were a better team.

And like @Albert Romano said: there is so much more to see and enjoy that even the cheerleaders become an afterthought.

For us it is not a waste of money. It is part of the entertainment budget.

Let me give you an example of a young college student becoming a seasonticket holder despite the fact that she is struggling with money but would rather spend the money on seasontickets than a night or two out partying.
After the recent relocation I was seated next to a gentleman who was a seasonticket holder for 20+ years. That was in 2015. He always came with his daughter which I really didn't pay much attention to since she sat on his left (I sat to his right). Last year's preseason (2018) some lady was sitting next to me whom I have never seen before. Since most in my area are long time season ticket holders I was curious and struck a conversation up with her. It was his wife. She told me that the previous March her husband past away. Since the new rules of seasonticket holder renewals are from Nov to Nov and the tickets were already paid for they decided to keep them for last year.
During the regular season I actually met his daughter which was hidden from sight in previous years. She told me that she doesn't know what to do with the tickets. Her mom is not that big of a fan to go to every game but she grew up loving the Dolphins and it has become a big part of her life. She dances (to everyone's delight around us), cheers and just has a good time. I said to her "[name redacted], you really think you can give that up. You have way too much fun." And with a big smile she says " You are right". She took over the tickets, renewed them and last year she became a part of our tailgate group as well. She can't make it to every game because of her college and part time work but she is exactly the person people on FH wonder "who wants to go to the games when we suck".

The home opener she didn't make it because of work but her mom came instead. After the game she texted me: "I can't wait for next week to see you all again."

That is the attitude of a seasonticket holder.

Great post. Awesome story. I taligated at the game for the first time ever this Sunday and finally understood that the game is about way more than just the game being played.

I must of had one of the best times of my life with my friends, during one of the Dolphin's worst whoopings ever.

I'm out of country and it costs me about $1700 just to get there. So with accommodations and a game ticket I'd be well over $2000. I will not even entertain the thought of going until they draft a QB I want, or until Rosen eventually gets a shot with a decent supporting cast. A lot would have to change to waste a buck on the current caretakers of my favorite team.

I'm thinking of going next season, just a quick 4 day trip maybe play a little golf. If i was younger i'd probably drive down, who knows maybe i will anyways and spend more time there.

I'm thinking of going next season, just a quick 4 day trip maybe play a little golf. If i was younger i'd probably drive down, who knows maybe i will anyways and spend more time there.
This may be breaking perfectly for me. In 4 years I retire and will have more flexibility to travel. If we draft the right QB he will probably be entering his prime by then. I've already been to one game, a blowout. It was a new experience so it was still okay, plus the whole Web Weekend was awesome for many reasons! But seeing the team lose so badly and play so poorly would get old fast, which is why I want some assurance we have a decent product before I do it again. But yes, if you are going soon, just make it part of a vacation so you have fun regardless of the game performance.

Yo!

I would like to get in the mindset from some season ticket holders and hear your thoughts on the tanking process, the magnitude of Sundays blowout and whether you plan on turning up to every game this season.

I feel for the fans that spend their hard earned cash for a product which is sub-standard, therefore not worth the price you would have paid. I'd be interested to know how much your season tickets cost too? And respect to you for being a true fan.

Also, any fans out there that may be thinking about flying in to see a game - Has Sunday's game changed your mind about going? I know the whole gameday experince is amazing but nobody enjoys being embarrassed like we were on Sunday.

Cheers
I’m not a ticket holder but I did fly in to see the game. I will not be doing that again. It wasn’t just bad, it was stupid. I felt cheated. **** Stephen Ross. Asshole.

Back
Top Bottom