Seau and Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau and Thomas

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not sure how effective Seau and Thomas will be this season... One thing for sure is that Seau got beat often last year for his lack of speed. Yeah, he had a great season last year but he is still slow..
I'm also a little concerned with Thomas, he is not getting younger and he has lost a step. I'm not even sure if he could last the whole season.(injuries etc..)

How effective do you think these 2 LB could be this season?
clear.gif

there aging Well Seau is done after this year he will proabably be a LB coach. They guy has done his time, Zach on the other hand has 2 more solid years and after that he can call it a career

Seau is a vet LB who won't make stupid mistakes, has a high football IQ, and above average physical talent. His leadership is also outstanding. He is a good for one more year, and in two seasons we will know who the better guy to replace him is. Crowder, Moore, or is it safer to sign a FA.

Zach is ageing....i have mixed feelings about him. Maybe it isnt the smartest move not restructing his contract, but i dont think anyone wants to cut him. He is the heart and soul of that defense. He has been with us the good times, and the bad.

Eddie Moore played pretty good in Seau's spot & Derrick Pope wasn't bad either in the middle. I think we'll be fine and Saban knows what he's doing on the Defensive side of the ball. Donnie Spragan should be a pleasant surprise as well playing behind our newly revamped D-line. So if Zach And Jr cant go for a game or more we have good enough backup to help our team Win.

I honestly believe Saban will put Zach Thomas in a position to have the best season of his career. He will build the defense around the success of Zach and JT and their stats will show it.

If zach had made it to a AFC championship game then I think he and seau would both be first ballot HOF'ers. I think that yes they are older but they are so damn football smart that they just alter there play style. I think they both could be on course for 100 tackle years and be able to share the wealth inthe new schemes. The fact is that slower (by a step) or not the two of them demand respect on the field. It's hard to remember great defensive plays(on the line) that don't involve #55, #54, or #99

When it comes to these two, everything depends on health. If they both stay healthy I think we'll all see a blast from the past from Seau, and a reminder from Zach that he's not over the hill yet. All I can hope for is that they stay healthy enough not just to play, but to be effective.

Seau was having a pretty good year before he got hurt so was Zach for that matter. As far as losing a step, that will happen with age but i still feel that these two guys are still very good.... what they lose in speed they make up for in smarts. Staying healthy is key for these guys..I can see them here for at least another 2 or 3 years in a reduce roll.

Despite his age, Junior Seau was having a good season last year in my opinion until the injury. And I think it really hurt our rushing attack, when we lost TimBo, Chester, AND Seau last year. He was averaging around 7 tackles a game, and was on the pace to have well over 100 tackles. Not too shabby for a 36 year old linebacker. I'm hoping Seau finishes his career with a good season and goes out in classy way. A Super Bowl would be nice. :D There's no doubt he's lost a few steps in his game, but he's still as good if not better than the average LB in today's NFL. He's definitely one of the smartest LB's if not one of the smartest players as they come by in the NFL. He has a great football IQ and is a great veteran leader to the youth of our D... hell Zach Thomas said he even learned a thing or two from Junior, when he came to Miami. That says A LOT.

As for Zach Thomas, he also has slowed down... but he's still top 5 best LB's in the AFC if not the NFL in my honest opinion. He's getting older, but he's still productive and effective and IS the CORE of our Defense along with Jason Taylor. He was having a PRO BOWL season last year until his injured which slowed him down, but he was having a GREAT season. The most amazing part was he was doing it WITHOUT Tim Bowens and Larry Chester. It should definitley be easier for him this year with a better healthier line... He's definitely going to be productive this season. Only thing though is, I'm very skeptical about his future here in Miami, but if I think he'd be willing to restructure his contract (which I'm betting that he eventually will), than he will finish off his football career here in Miami, they way it should be.

Zach had a great year with no DT's in front of him, think how he will be this year with the Line players we picked up. Can you say 200 plus tackles???

Thomas has some good years in him. Fact is he's never had a bad season, or even really a below average season. He's a tackle machine, not really a playmaker (ie INT's, FF's) I think, if he can restructure, Saban will find ways to use him for another 5 years. It'd be a shame for money to take him out of Miami, that'll be up to him though.

Seau, I personally think the game has passed him by. He'll stick around for this season, but I can't see Saban not implementing his guys into the system, probably by the end of this year, but definatly next year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Zach had a great year with no DT's in front of him, think how he will be this year with the Line players we picked up. Can you say 200 plus tackles???

I can say it, but I doubt it'll happen. He's had better DLines in front of him before and hasn't eclipsed 155.

Losman7 said:
I can say it, but I doubt it'll happen. He's had better DLines in front of him before and hasn't eclipsed 155.

There you are wrong, he had 165 last year and missed four games!

Back
Top Bottom