Seau: better than you might think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seau: better than you might think

DannyNoonan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Andrew Perloff is a writer for SI.com. He has an article where he names an all Jumped-the-Shark Team (great players who played way past their primes). Jerry Rice's signing with Denver was the motivation for such an article, I'm sure. Anyway, he had this little comment from Paul Zimmerman about Junior Seau:

"LB: Bill Romanowski, Oakland Raiders, 2002-03 -- Doesn't exactly fit, because he bounced around during his career, but his last years in Oakland were disastrous enough for him to make the list. His multiple on-field altercations, brutal beating of teammate Marcus Williams and reports of involvement with steroids will overshadow his two Pro Bowl appearances and four championship rings. Miami's Junior Seau was my original pick for this spot because he was a much better player than Romo. But SI.com's Paul Zimmerman had Seau charted as one of the most productive LBs in the league over the last couple of years, so, as always, I deferred to the good doctor."

Here is the link for the entire article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/06/02/all.shark/1.html

Comment:
Interesting that even though Seau is older, he is getting the job done. Also, he is the type of large LB that Saban prefers. Perhaps we'll have him for a couple more years.

BrazForPhins said:
I hope he gets his ring..He deserves for the person and the player he was/is.. just like marino
HE DESERVES A RING I JUST HOPE HE GETS ONE THIS YEAR OR MAYBE NEXT YEAR SEAU IS A CLASS GUY ON AND OFF THR FIELD.

BrazForPhins said:
I hope he gets his ring..He deserves for the person and the player he was/is.. just like marino
Yes. ANd also just like Zack.

If we don't get Zack, Seau, Taylor, Madison a ring, I will seriously feel for those guys like no other group.

Seau was playing really well in 2004. Better than he did in 2003. Sucked that he got hurt. But if there was a year to be hurt, it was last year, as we got to see the rookies.

BringBackShula said:
If we don't get Zack, Seau, Taylor, Madison a ring, I will seriously feel for those guys like no other group.
100% agreed

Im just hoping Junior gets a full season under his wing this season so he can go out in a blaze of glory with a possible ring cos hes cud be another Marino in the ring department. Lets hope not.

BringBackShula said:

at least now surtain and knight will get one ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

(j/k...haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom