SEC Championship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SEC Championship

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
My prediction is Bama builds a lead. JT Daniels comes off the bench and leads Georgia to the win. I will never count Saban out, but I am feeling pretty good right now.

Yes of course, the ol' put the backup QB in and let him come from behind to pull out the victory trick. Sounds like a good plan. Wonder where Kirby learned that one... 🤣

Tickets are pretty crazy right now. When I went in 2018 I got one for just under $300. Now the cheapest one I can find is $500 before fees.

It would be nice to give y’all what you have given us. Nick needs to retire and take up deep sea fishing or something.

When Nick retires and heads to the lake house he'll put Pete Gol*ing in the car with him and drive straight to Athens, GA. Drop Pete off in Kirby's parking spot, then drive away to the lake.

When Nick retires and heads to the lake house he'll put Pete Gol*ing in the car with him and drive straight to Athens, GA. Drop Pete off in Kirby's parking spot, then drive away to the lake.
I really don’t see Saban retiring any time soon. He has the resources to hire the best assistants and he is still able to recruit a top 3 class year after year. He is 70 but I think he won‘t even contemplate retirement for at least 5 years unless he has a major health issue before then.

If your going to get us,better be this year....next year we're going to be hell to beat..that very young team will be grown up a bit...

Hoping Ol' Pete is gone before Nick retires...(like after this season)

Hoping Ol' Pete is gone before Nick retires...(like after this season)

Well, he isn't going to fire Pete. He may make a few phone calls to the NFL and find him a job in the NFL but he won't fire him. He likes Pete and believes he's a good young coach, but Saban put him in a position that is over his head but figured he could grow into it. He's not going to blame Pete for that.

Pete Gol*ing is very impressive with his knowledge of X's and O's. So impressive on the whiteboard, that when Saban brought him in from UTSA, he called the entire coaching staff into the room to watch Pete diagram defenses and go over X's and O's. The knowledge just isn't translating over to the players. Teaching is a gift, and not all great X's and O's guys are great teachers.

Saban figured Pete would eventually learn how to call his defense the way Kirby and Muschamp did. But it just hasn't worked out.

Sometimes Saban will ask Pete why a certain coverage was blown or why this mistake was made here in the game. Pete would respond with the correct answer in terms of what went wrong with the X's and O's or a missed communication, but that wouldn't answer Saban's question. Saban would say yeah I know what happened on the play Pete, I'm asking you WHY it happened.

Saban would have to tell him the WHY is that you can't play that much man coverage in that situation running my defense against these HUNH offenses.

I mentioned a few years ago that I'd never seen a DC manage to get Bama's LB's matched up in man coverage as much as Pete. That's why.

Saban had to explain to him the opposing OC was just biding his time to get the matchup he wanted because he knew how much you called man in this situation.

The other problem is that Pete is also the ILB's coach. And he simply does not know how to coach that position, which is why our ILB's always regress under Pete.

Well, he isn't going to fire Pete. He may make a few phone calls to the NFL and find him a job in the NFL but he won't fire him. He likes Pete and believes he's a good young coach, but Saban put him in a position that is over his head but figured he could grow into it. He's not going to blame Pete for that.

Pete Gol*ing is very impressive with his knowledge of X's and O's. So impressive on the whiteboard, that when Saban brought him in from UTSA, he called the entire coaching staff into the room to watch Pete diagram defenses and go over X's and O's. The knowledge just isn't translating over to the players. Teaching is a gift, and not all great X's and O's guys are great teachers.

Saban figured Pete would eventually learn how to call his defense the way Kirby and Muschamp did. But it just hasn't worked out.

Sometimes Saban will ask Pete why a certain coverage was blown or why this mistake was made here in the game. Pete would respond with the correct answer in terms of what went wrong with the X's and O's or a missed communication, but that wouldn't answer Saban's question. Saban would say yeah I know what happened on the play Pete, I'm asking you WHY it happened.

Saban would have to tell him the WHY is that you can't play that much man coverage in that situation running my defense against these HUNH offenses.

I mentioned a few years ago that I'd never seen a DC manage to get Bama's LB's matched up in man coverage as much as Pete. That's why.

Saban had to explain to him the opposing OC was just biding his time to get the matchup he wanted because he knew how much you called man in this situation.

The other problem is that Pete is also the ILB's coach. And he simply does not know how to coach that position, which is why our ILB's always regress under Pete.
Well here's to him not figuring it out until next year or never lol

My prediction is Bama builds a lead. JT Daniels comes off the bench and leads Georgia to the win. I will never count Saban out, but I am feeling pretty good right now.
So far your dead on

Saban is so much better than Kirby.

Back
Top Bottom