Sec!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sec!!!

THe SEC is an excellent conference, but hardly the best by far. Things fell right for Florida and LSU in the bowls this year; don't get carried away.

If Florida had played USC, I think I would have put my money on the Trojans.

Even if USC beat Florida that wouldnt make the Pac 10 better than the SEC. We arent talking 1 team, we're talking an entire conference.

I think most people believe the SEC is the best conference in the country. As for being far superior I disagree. OSU and the Wolverines both got destroyed in BCS games. Although Penn St and Wisconsin both beat SEC teams. I can't remember seeing a heisman winner look as poorly as Smith last night. Florida gets all the credit and LSU has as much talent as anybody. Though alot of people myself included don't think Notre Dame deserved a BCS game. I know it's set-up for the Pac-10 and often a Big-11 team to go to the Rose Bowl but how great would LSU vs USC of been?

I think most people believe the SEC is the best conference in the country. As for being far superior I disagree. OSU and the Wolverines both got destroyed in BCS games. Although Penn St and Wisconsin both beat SEC teams. I can't remember seeing a heisman winner look as poorly as Smith last night. Florida gets all the credit and LSU has as much talent as anybody. Though alot of people myself included don't think Notre Dame deserved a BCS game. I know it's set-up for the Pac-10 and often a Big-11 team to go to the Rose Bowl but how great would LSU vs USC of been?

I can't really argue with that post.

Except that Tennessee is in a down period and Wisconsin is very good.

Overall, though, the SEC is superior.

THe SEC is an excellent conference, but hardly the best by far. Things fell right for Florida and LSU in the bowls this year; don't get carried away.

Crazy talk here.

Wow. Even though OSU went undefeated as Big 10 Champs and got crushed by Florida, whos strength of schedule being #1 in the nation was due to its tough SEC opponents.

:lol:

you have to look at the amount of teams that rank on the top 25, YEAR after YEAR, not just the top five...not just last year. The SEC is a good conf. I'm not knocking it, but it does not have alot of powerhouse schools that have dominated the colege ranks. Example: Big Ten(you can say overrated but the coaches dont seem to think so) Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, and you could still argue that Penn State has struggled but it is still a quality program. Big East: West Virginia(again has been ranked in the top 25 consistently for the last couple of years) Louisville, and Pitt has had a strong showing as of late also. I mean honestly besides Florida and LSU, the SEC has good colleges but they are good one year piss poor the next .

TOP to BOTTOM the SEC is still the best conference. Do they have the BEST teams? That varies year to year. However, I'd put the bottom third of the SEC against ANY bottom third of ANY conference and I'd bet big $$ the SEC teams would win most of those games.

Should I mention Beavers or Bruins? Put your money on the Trojans. Most people put money on OSU

yeh....I still think the Big Ten is the toughest conf. in College football.....then Big East, then I would say SEC......Florida give em there due......they won but that doesnt make SEC the most dominant conference.

Wow, contradict yourself much?

you have to look at the amount of teams that rank on the top 25, YEAR after YEAR, not just the top five...not just last year. The SEC is a good conf. I'm not knocking it, but it does not have alot of powerhouse schools that have dominated the colege ranks. Example: Big Ten(you can say overrated but the coaches dont seem to think so) Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, and you could still argue that Penn State has struggled but it is still a quality program. Big East: West Virginia(again has been ranked in the top 25 consistently for the last couple of years) Louisville, and Pitt has had a strong showing as of late also. I mean honestly besides Florida and LSU, the SEC has good colleges but they are good one year piss poor the next .

The SEC consistently has at LEAST 5 teams in the top 25. Hell, there was one point this past season they had 6 of the top 10! That is unreal. I would love to see some facts to back up that last statement as well. When was the SEC "piss poor"? Ever heard of Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, etc...?

:shakeno: Give me a break. Please try to back up such nonsense next time. Just saying and convincing yourself doesn't make it so.

So Pitt qualifies as a consistent quality program while only 2 teams from the SEC do too? Your argument is laughable.

Yea, I'm a Penn State fan, but the SEC is easily "top to bottom" the best and toughest conference in the nation.

:shakeno: Trying to reason with "gator" fans seems so be almost as easy as pulling teeth out of an actual gator. Whatever you guys think what you want but next year when ...MAYBE, one or two teams from the SEC are in the top ten, I dont want to hear anything.

Wow, contradict yourself much?

The SEC consistently has at LEAST 5 teams in the top 25. Hell, there was one point this past season they had 6 of the top 10! That is unreal. I would love to see some facts to back up that last statement as well. When was the SEC "piss poor"? Ever heard of Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, etc...?
How is that a contradiction? Its a statement. Its also a true statement. Look it up.

Back
Top Bottom