Second round of cuts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second round of cuts

Also, the idea of losing Waddle to injury on a Fkn kick or punt return is absolutely Unpalatable. So very few of those plays are worth risking anyone good and the opposing ST coach would love nothing more than to 'take out' one of your more important players on what is an inconsequential play 90% of the time.

Coach Flo: PLEASE DONT RISK THE #6 OVERALL PICK ON F'NG KICKS!!

These are just a few, but I personally think he's just special with the 🏈 in his hand no matter how he gets it.
Thank you for sharing. I don’t watch college ball so I literally know nothing when this guys come up. Looking forward to seeing this kid play!

Also, the idea of losing Waddle to injury on a Fkn kick or punt return is absolutely Unpalatable. So very few of those plays are worth risking anyone good and the opposing ST coach would love nothing more than to 'take out' one of your more important players on what is an inconsequential play 90% of the time.

Coach Flo: PLEASE DONT RISK THE #6 OVERALL PICK ON F'NG KICKS!!
Losing Troy Vincent in ‘93 on a PR was one that really stung. We got to 9-2 that year after the blizzard in Turkey day and then dropped our next 5 w no Marino, Scott Mitchell, Offerdahl, Vincent, Louis Oliver it was brutal.

Not a lot??? It’s more than anyone has had in franchise history. Wow!
1 per year...

No, that isn't a lot.

Your average 5th WR would probably get that if he had as many opportunities as Grant has had.

He's pretty good as a returner and awful at everything else.

It isn't worth it.

I've always been a fan of Grant but last season it looked like he was being careless with the ball trying to make too much of a play that was over. Other times he carries the ball like a loaf of bread. Wilson is the better player imo.

Losing Troy Vincent in ‘93 on a PR was one that really stung. We got to 9-2 that year after the blizzard in Turkey day and then dropped our next 5 w no Marino, Scott Mitchell, Offerdahl, Vincent, Louis Oliver it was brutal.
Wow, im glad i got into football in 94, that must had been a brutal year

I believe he sticks. He’s franchise all time leader in return TDs on ST. In a short period of time. He’s a guaranteed 1-2 scores per year and those plays flip games / win games. No one on the roster (just because they are fast) is going to replace that.

Excellent point.

If it was easy, everyone would do it - LOL

I have a feeling with all the TEs added, Gesicki is on the trade block. Ck suggested James Robinson for Gesicki I need a pick as well
It could be that Grier is sending a message to Gesicki's agent,something like:
'we have options so don't tell your client he's breaking the bank in Miami'

I think this will be a money decision and the team will only keep him with a hometown discount...

1 per year...

No, that isn't a lot.

Your average 5th WR would probably get that if he had as many opportunities as Grant has had.

He's pretty good as a returner and awful at everything else.

It isn't worth it.
Wow. We’ve had how many guys before him who haven’t scored that many - in 55 seasons or so. Can you find that 1 per year per returner is average?

Trade him if possible

I think this is a real possibility.

As our team develops, we will be trading more good players over time because:

1) Every good NFL player has their skill set degrade to some extent with time, while their costs are increasing.
2) Due to a fixed cap, there is an upper limit to how much we can spend.
3) We will eat up some cap space each year with our yearly drafted players.
4) We will always be obtaining Free Agents to fill in with "prove it" low cost contracts to:
a) cover for injuries.
b) take advantage of being able to get a better player who fits our needs from another team that can no longer afford them.

This is always going to be a balancing act between who we have, who we can get and how much we are required to spend vs. how much we have to spend ( the "Cap"). This "balancing act" is necessary to allow a good team to remain good for a longer period of time.

He's probably dropped more TD passes than that.
Ok now the argument sounds silly. He dropped 1 last year and it wasn’t the gimee some people like to make it out to have been. But regardless, we know he’s not a no 1-3 WR and he can muff a punt at any moment. But to say 1 TD per year (not counting the long returns that flip the field) is average is just wrong. Our franchise went over 20 seasons without a single KO return for a TD until Mark Logan got one in the early 90’s. And that’s when you returns most kicks / fewer touchbacks. It’s not easy to do what he does and produce big plays like that - plays that turn games.

Ok now the argument sounds silly. He dropped 1 last year and it wasn’t the gimee some people like to make it out to have been. But regardless, we know he’s not a no 1-3 WR and he can muff a punt at any moment. But to say 1 TD per year (not counting the long returns that flip the field) is average is just wrong. Our franchise went over 20 seasons without a single KO return for a TD until Mark Logan got one in the early 90’s. And that’s when you returns most kicks / fewer touchbacks. It’s not easy to do what he does and produce big plays like that - plays that turn games.
Sigh...

Yes. He's awesome... his 1 TD per year changes our whole season.

Cut:

WR- Allen hurns, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant
OL- Jesse Davis
DB- Clayton Fedejelem

savings: roughly $17-18 mill in cap. We need the cap to resign:

WR Will Fuller
TE Mike gesicki
DE Emmanuel Ogbah
LB Jerome Baker
I believe this will be Parker and Williams last year with the fins!

Last edited:
It's not that we need to cut in order to sign Gesicki for next season. We are estimated to have around 40M with the cap set at 195M.
It's a matter of are e going to pay him top 3 to 5 TE money.

Back
Top Bottom