Second Round Targets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

Dobbins has only 4 lost fumbles in over 720+ career carries.
I guess "lost" is the key word. Scouting reports say he has had problems with fumbles, and not the best hands either.

I am not dissing on Dobbins at all, just like Swift and Akers better

Screenshot_20200424-133245_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200424-133308_Chrome.jpg

Did this mock starting in 2nd round. I would be thrilled with this outcome.

I guess "lost" is the key word. Scouting reports say he has had problems with fumbles, and not the best hands either.

I am not dissing on Dobbins at all, just like Swift and Akers better
I've not heard any fumble issues with Dobbins. Taylor on the other hand. I would be just as happy with swift. Akers is definitly not on thier level.

I'd really try to snag Josh Jones. Jessie Davis is a on borrowed time. And I'm a fan of Winfield Jr. too.
I think the Bengals will take Jones with the first pick in round two but if they don’t and he is available at 39, I hope the Dolphins select him with that pick.

Start to lose me from Muse on, but before that, knocks it out of the park. Not sure what other guys you had left at those real late spots
Muse, as a late round pick provides depth and immediate special teams contributor. Eventually, my idea would be gor him to add a few pounds and convert him to a linebacker (positionless type) with safety skills from college, kind of in the mold of Thomas Davis. Kid is fast, athletic, instinctive, smart, and tackles well.

The two guards are depth up front, and both have the ability to be starters in a couple of years.

Blackmon and Bryant could provide depth for Flores secondary, or contribute on special teams.

That late in the draft, just looking for depth, players that can contribute in some way including special teams

Muse, as a late round pick provides depth and immediate special teams contributor. Eventually, my idea would be gor him to add a few pounds and convert him to a linebacker (positionless type) with safety skills from college, kind of in the mold of Thomas Davis. Kid is fast, athletic, instinctive, smart, and tackles well.

The two guards are depth up front, and both have the ability to be starters in a couple of years.

Blackmon and Bryant could provide depth for Flores secondary, or contribute on special teams.

That late in the draft, just looking for depth, players that can contribute in some way including special teams
Thanks for the input, I mostly just didnt know much of any of them

Off the top of my head....

RB

De'Andre Swift (2) - Twitchy; elite cutting ability
JK Dobbins (2) - Speed meets power
Jon Taylor (2) - Love the vision; carries the ball carelessly which means fumbles
Cam Akers (3) - Footwork and balance outstanding; just want to see more decisiveness
Zack Moss (3) - Violent runner; worry about shelf life

WR

Laviska Shenault (2) - Physical RAC, breaks more tackles than anyone in the draft
Lynn Bowden (3) - Tough projection but natural football player
KJ Hill (3) - Not many better at separating; great hands; trustworthy on third down
KJ Hamler (3) - Makes things happen after catch; line up anywhere

OT

Josh Jones (2) - Close to a finished product but great pass protector
Ezra Cleveland (2) - Most athletic lineman in class
Matt Peart (2) - Another great athlete; just needs to clean up technique issues

C

Matt Hennessy (2) - Best pass protecting interior since Q. Nelson

OG

Danny Pinter (3) - Sensing a theme here with these lineman? Athletic, natural feet
Netane Muti (3) - Dominates on tape but can he stay healthy?
Jonah Jackson (3) - Reliable pass protector
Damien Lewis (3) - See above

DT

DaVon Hamilton (2) - Explosive cat who'll collapse a pocket
Jordan Elliot (3) - Some of the best hand usage you'll find at position

Edge

Kenny Willekes (2/3) - Highly explosive; those are the guys you bet on as pass rushers
Alex Highsmith (3) - Snap anticipation; hand usage; inside counters

Rush LB

Josh Uche (2) - Blitz and cover immediately; long arms give room for growth in run game
Zack Baun (2) - Gets upfield; won't miss tackles
Curits Weaver (2/3) - Production is good; lacks twitch to be a true difference maker

Off LB

Akeem Davis-Gaither (2) - Twitched up; elite closing burst; needs to get stronger
Willie Gay (2) - Speed and range; needs to get better vs. run

S

Antoine Winfield (2) - Instincts, character, athleticism; his fathers son alright
Xavier McKinney (2) - Poor mans Isaiah Simmons. Plays Mike / Will / Single high / box / slot
Grant Delpit (2) - Always around the ball; misses way too many tackles
Jeremy Chinn (2) - Best range since Hooker
Kyle Dugger (2) - Explosive; kind of a tweener LB/S
Geno Stone (3) - Rangy; finds the ball

Probably missed some. Lots of good corners there but I guess we're out of that market

thanks, excellent read .

Give me a Pass rusher,safety and a RB please. RB first
How about we end up with one the top 3 backs (Swift, Taylor of Dobbins), Marlon Davidson (DT/DE), and Robert Hunt (IOL)? This would make my day.

We need to take a RB with one of our 2nd round picks. I don't want a repeat of when Ireland waited too long to draft a RB and we ended up with Daniel Thomas.

We need to take a RB with one of our 2nd round picks. I don't want a repeat of when Ireland waited too long to draft a RB and we ended up with Daniel Thomas.
Dolphins historical question: Who do you think got tackled easier, Daniel Thomas, Kalen Ballage or JJ Johnson.

Dolphins historical question: Who do you think got tackled easier, Daniel Thomas, Kalen Ballage or JJ Johnson.

Wow I don’t know what we’re worse at, identifying Running back talent or interior OL. Hopefully that changes today!

I would like Dobbins at 39, Hennessy or Cushenberry at 56 and Ashtyn Davis (Safetie) at 70 + I would trade many late pick to add another third and pick Lynn Bowden

Back
Top Bottom