Second Wave Of Free Agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Wave Of Free Agency

42March

Active Roster
Reaction score
With still more spaces to fill, who would like the Dolphins pick up. I suggest

Jordan Mills (RT) his best trait is availability having played 95% plus snaps for Buffalo over 3 years. Insurance for Davis/Prince/Sterup not being able to do the Job.

Tre Boston (FS), not a superstar but another 90% snap taker over the past two years. Insurance if Smith or one of the UDFA/AAF pickup can't run some cover 2 shells with Minkah. Really do not want Jones, McDonald or Aitkens playing deep half.

Nick Perry (OLB/Edge) Yes, he is injury prone that's why GB got out of his 5 year contract part way thru. But he has played as an OLB in a 3-4 under Graham and when he healthy he does play like a late 1st round pick.

Comments any other suggestions

The last position we're gonna focus on is probably safety. All three of ours are locked into contract, and you could do worse than what we have. With that said, Aikens is strictly a ST player. If he gets any meaningful snaps, that means everyone has been injured - again.

More OL, DE, LB, CB is probably the focus right now but realistically we have depth issues across the board.

Miami has a roster full of defensive tackles, but I wouldn't mind letting one or two go and bringing in Danny Shelton. Not expecting him to live up to his pre-draft hype, but I like the idea of Shelton and Wilkins causing problems for offenses.

A proven pass rushing DE would be my top priority. They tend to be overpriced though.

Shelton on a one year cheap rental I can get behind

Jordan mills makes sense to me but they probably are gonna give the kids looks in camp I’d say before they do anything else

My guess they may look for OLB in the second wave of FA and during TC cuts

Did Shane Ray get picked up, he was cut by Denver id take a flier on him.

OL. Whats the plan with Jessie Davis hearing he may be moved to OT with Reed going to RG?

My guess they may look for OLB in the second wave of FA and during TC cuts

Did Shane Ray get picked up, he was cut by Denver id take a flier on him.

OL. Whats the plan with Jessie Davis hearing he may be moved to OT with Reed going to RG?

I flat out don't trust Davis at tackle. I think he needs to remain at guard.

I doubt they want anybody over 30 at this point. This year is about letting the young players show what they can do. You don't want to take snaps away from them.

Mostly agree to your point but if anywhere we add for upgrade even with some age for a year its OL. Cause we even more importantly should want to see what JR can do with a good OL in front of him.

With still more spaces to fill, who would like the Dolphins pick up. I suggest

Jordan Mills (RT) his best trait is availability having played 95% plus snaps for Buffalo over 3 years. Insurance for Davis/Prince/Sterup not being able to do the Job.

Tre Boston (FS), not a superstar but another 90% snap taker over the past two years. Insurance if Smith or one of the UDFA/AAF pickup can't run some cover 2 shells with Minkah. Really do not want Jones, McDonald or Aitkens playing deep half.

Nick Perry (OLB/Edge) Yes, he is injury prone that's why GB got out of his 5 year contract part way thru. But he has played as an OLB in a 3-4 under Graham and when he healthy he does play like a late 1st round pick.

Comments any other suggestions

There is O-line help available... since we acquired Rosen we need to put a decent O-line out there so we can truly make a good decision come 2020.

Back
Top Bottom