Seeking 'extra Power,' Dolphins Rb Kenyan Drake Puts On Weight For Upcoming Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeking 'extra Power,' Dolphins Rb Kenyan Drake Puts On Weight For Upcoming Season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi-95126711_orig.jpg

Projected to become the main running back for the Miami Dolphins, former Alabama running back Kenyan Drake has decided it would be wise to put some extra weight on his frame in preparation for the upcoming season.

“So I’m about 215 right now,” Drake said prior to the beginning of the third annual Dolphins Cancer Challenge Celebrity Golf Tournament. “I know as I run around I’ll probably lose that weight. But maintaining it is definitely something I want to do. Get to that weight to begin with, sustain it during the offseason program. Then when training camp hits, I might lose five pounds, but I’ll still be at an optimal weight for the season.”
http://www.phinmaniacs.com/news/see...nyan-drake-puts-on-weight-for-upcoming-season

Superstar in the making.

Just hope with a few more pounds he can still maintain his speed.

Bigger is not always "better" as a RB.

IMO Drake's best bet is to use his burst and avoid the physical grind as opposed to trying to become a TUFF guy.

But hey -- the bottom line for him is simple ----- staying football functionally healthy.

Love our RB room right now but would like to add one more in the draft. It's a good draft for RB's so no reason not to draft one, at least in the 3rd or 4th round as Gore is probably in his last year

I knew he was a stud when we drafted him.

Never got his chance as the lead back at Bama, but from what I saw of his skill set in college, he can be the best pro RB of all his teammates.

Good for him in taking his career seriously and being ready for the season.

He's a 3rd down/change of pace back imo. If he gets the bulk of the carries and stays healthy all year, while playing well, I'll be surprised.

I'll admit Drake has really came a long way from his rookie yr. His vision was always solid and had gotten much better, especially interior-wise.

What floored me was how he fixed his running motion hitting the hole too stiff. He's becoming more patient and reliable.

I still think at best I wouldn't wanna see him getting more than 20 carries in a game. He fantastic in those opportunities, so let's not abuse them. Yes, draft a RB.

He's a 3rd down/change of pace back imo. If he gets the bulk of the carries and stays healthy all year, while playing well, I'll be surprised.

He tore it up as the featured back for the last half of 2017 when he was the only viable option at RB.

He was also rated in the top 3 of yards gained after contact. That ain't no change of pace back.

Just because you're athletic and can catch doesn't mean you can't be an every down player.

He’s going to be our Marcus Allen. I’m Extremely high on both Drake and Grant.

Back
Top Bottom