Seeking 'extra Power,' Dolphins Rb Kenyan Drake Puts On Weight For Upcoming Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeking 'extra Power,' Dolphins Rb Kenyan Drake Puts On Weight For Upcoming Season

He’s going to be our Marcus Allen. I’m Extremely high on both Drake and Grant.

I like both players, but I think some people are putting too high of expectations on Grant. I think he's still in a fight to simply make the roster. Unless there's a late camp trade I think Parker, Stills, Wilson and Amendola are locks to make the roster. Grant, Carroo and Ford are in a fight for the 5th and maybe a 6th receiver spot. And I wouldn't be surprised if Drew Morgan or a rookie joined the fight for the last spot as well. I think the team liked some of the things they could do with Grant at the end of last season, but that was part of the reason they added Wilson. Wilson is slightly slower than Grant, but a little bigger and has more reliable hands. I think Grant will need to really shine to see significant playing time with Parker, Stills, Wilson and Amendola ahead of him in the pecking order. Also if the team adds a receiving tight end we might see more two tight end sets as well.

Last edited:
He's a 3rd down/change of pace back imo. If he gets the bulk of the carries and stays healthy all year, while playing well, I'll be surprised.

3rd down back? Based on what statistical facts? Everything i see says we found one hell of a complete back that D's have to worry about.

Love our RB room right now but would like to add one more in the draft. It's a good draft for RB's so no reason not to draft one, at least in the 3rd or 4th round as Gore is probably in his last year

Definitely need a third RB this year. I’d be fine adding one of the bigger names personally.

He tore it up as the featured back for the last half of 2017 when he was the only viable option at RB.

He was also rated in the top 3 of yards gained after contact. That ain't no change of pace back.

Just because you're athletic and can catch doesn't mean you can't be an every down player.

Has just as much to do with the fact that he can catch and is athletic as you say, and that I don't believe he's durable enough to be a feature back. He's never carried the load for a full season in college or the NFL. This is due to a handful of different reasons I know but my point is still that he's never carried the rock full time so until I see it I'm skeptical.

For a time not getting credit for it, Miami has put out some decent backs:

Millie’s
Ajayi
So far, Drake

Really pulling for the guy. West Georgia boy who grew up playing 20 minutes from my house. Would love for him to take advantage of this opportunity.

I'll admit Drake has really came a long way from his rookie yr. His vision was always solid and had gotten much better, especially interior-wise.

What floored me was how he fixed his running motion hitting the hole too stiff. He's becoming more patient and reliable.

I still think at best I wouldn't wanna see him getting more than 20 carries in a game. He fantastic in those opportunities, so let's not abuse them. Yes, draft a RB.

He's got all the moves, and I agree his best asset is his vision. I'm excited to see him this year in his prime. The question is can we get our O-line settled. I'm optimistic.

Came just a 100 yards shy of yards from scrimmage of our most "productive" WR... only getting significant action in the last 5 games of the season...

I don’t think we want him to put on so much weight that he loses his speed and burst. How much can he add and max out durability and keep his agility?

Back
Top Bottom