Seems Like Miami's Ol Is Set | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seems Like Miami's Ol Is Set

I just appreciate the fact that our coaches set a line and stuck with it through training camp/preseason. For so many years now guys were getting swapped out all the time, mixing and matching here and there, etc. The line is probably going to be terrible, but at least they've been given a chance to build some chemistry with that starting unit.

It has the feel of the typical NE Patriot o-line. A strong anchor at LT, a vet at C, 2 rookies at G and young player at RT. The snaps together is what it's all about now. If we can build cohesion that can go a long way to mask a lack of pedigree on the o-line. You always hear that the unit has to gel together, that's because it's true. The sooner they move as one the better they'll be. Googs has turned things around but here's still a lot of room for improvement. They better improve fast, the Ravens are right around the corner.

Hopefully the gm is looking for some cap causalities and offering a 7th. This offensive line is killing any chance of a decent evaluation of Rosen

This is exactly the OL I predicted before the pre-season began, with the exception of Calhoun at RG. I had predicted Reed would start at RG. Honestly, he seems like a better RG than a C, and Reed doesn't seem to have the knowledge/discipline to execute his assignment as a C consistently, which leads to a very porous pass protection. IMHO, neither Reed at C nor Calhoun at RG are good enough to start in the NFL today.

Don't be surprised if we grab an OL during final cut downs, particularly a veteran interior OL who can play both/either RG and/or C. We all know that we've only got 2 longer-term pieces along this OL (LT Tunsil and LG Deiter), so the 2020 draft will likely bring in a couple more OL. In the interim … its going to be a rocky ride for whomever starts at QB.

Jesse Davis is a decent piece, as he is serviceable at both RG and RT, but doesn't appear to be the answer at either. Kilgore is biding his time (and hoping to stay healthy) until he is eventually replaced in 2020. Whomever starts at RG is likely just keeping the seat warm.

We may be pleasantly surprised this year. Not that I think we will be a top 10 Oline but not as doom and gloom as everyone is predicting. But with that said, the next draft can’t come fast enough

A goal of about 40+ runs to the right, 20+ passes and about 10 trick plays ought to be enough to put down the Ravens.

The key to good oline play is intelligence and cohesiveness. It will take 4 games if they can remain healthy.
Having them start together now is a good plan.

Back
Top Bottom