Seems Reasonable | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seems Reasonable

This is how Don Strock’s career played out here. Shula named him the starter for the 1980 season, backed up by Griese and Woodley. Strock struggled as no 1 and was pulled after 3 games. But he was called on a lot during the Woodley years and when he got in, the points went up. But he just wasn’t a “starter”.
We all know how that two headed monster ended up. Marino in 1983 draft scrapping the relief pitcher format. If we had a legit QB between 80-82 we would have won a super bowl or two.

We all know how that two headed monster ended up. Marino in 1983 draft scrapping the relief pitcher format. If we had a legit QB between 80-82 we would have won a super bowl or two.
If only Griese wasn’t so damaged by then and forced to retire. Had he played w the benefit of protection offered to QBs today he would have played until ‘82 I believe (16 year career it would have been). He was great.

To the gloom and doom Tua folks please see Tom Brady's (the acclaimed goat) stats after his first full season and yes he was asked to manage games as they were in the playoff hunt and actually won the superbowl. Geez, this microwave world we live in, folks can't appreciate a good home cooked meal. Tua's going to be fine, and that's why he was named starter during the past season in my opinion the people running the show are looking at the big picture. Going to the playoffs this season would have been good for the fans and the team but this team was not going to the superbowl. Getting your young QB ready is/was a priority and I personally think Tua is going to come in next year with a full off-season and some new toys and this team will legitimately challenge for a play-off spot with a chance to advance. Patience guys I've been a fan since 1971 and if I can be patient then I believe most on this forum should be as well. Phinz-up

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DLngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWDAV
2001*24NWEQB12151411-3-026441363.92843184.4122.9145916.96.410.8189.586.5412165.795.399.03312

To the gloom and doom Tua folks please see Tom Brady's (the acclaimed goat) stats after his first full season and yes he was asked to manage games as they were in the playoff hunt and actually won the superbowl. Geez, this microwave world we live in, folks can't appreciate a good home cooked meal. Tua's going to be fine, and that's why he was named starter during the past season in my opinion the people running the show are looking at the big picture. Going to the playoffs this season would have been good for the fans and the team but this team was not going to the superbowl. Getting your young QB ready is/was a priority and I personally think Tua is going to come in next year with a full off-season and some new toys and this team will legitimately challenge for a play-off spot with a chance to advance. Patience guys I've been a fan since 1971 and if I can be patient then I believe most on this forum should be as well. Phinz-up

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DLngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWDAV
2001*24NWEQB12151411-3-026441363.92843184.4122.9145916.96.410.8189.586.5412165.795.399.03312
He also had amazing games such as these:

12-24 86 yds 0 TD/0 INT
25/38 203 yds 2 TD/4 INT
15-21 107 yds 1 TD/1 INT
11/19 108 yds 1 TD/0 INT
17/29 198 yds 1 TD/2 INT

etc etc

But he didn't get pulled by his coach so the narrative is different. People have just forgotten what rookie QB play looks like.

I'm all for giving Tua some time , I'm not a Tua cultist but I was ecstatic at the pick , so let's give the man some time before writing him off . A new offensive coordinator and more time for Tua to get over his devastating injury and I believe we are good to go. Going to put my faith in Flores, Grier, and the scouts on this one.
I think we have to give Tua time. We still need so many players (WR x 2, RB, OL, LB, S, Edge) that we cannot package picks and get Watson or trade up.

I love Fitz but he's always been one to throw a lot of 50/50 balls. When DVP and Gesicki are at their best, they win those and Fitz looks great. Other times it ends up being a pick and he looks awful. I imagine Tua just didn't feel comfortable doing that. Hell, one of the times he tried, DVP fell and it went for a pick 6. Now it's also true that Tua himself killed some drives. There were plays where his timing seemed off or he just missed an open guy. He will have to get better, but too many people seem to be thinking it's a foregone conclusion that he won't get better and I have no idea why.
The pick he threw to Parker wasn't a 50/50 ball. When Tua threw to Parker in his wheelhouse is when Tua looked like a QB.

Tom Brady?????

I'd be happy if Tua turned out better than Derek Carr....

The pick he threw to Parker wasn't a 50/50 ball. When Tua threw to Parker in his wheelhouse is when Tua looked like a QB.
He predetermined he was going to Parker, I'm assuming based on his pre-snap read of the coverage, rather than go through his progressions. Falls under the same idea I'm talking about here, he seems to want to wait until someone is actually open.

Back
Top Bottom