Sellouts ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sellouts ???

CITRONDAN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok, we really had a tough season last season that goes without saying, and even though the offseason (IMHO) has been one of the best we've had in a while (or at least that's the way it looks) what are the chances of us getting to see the home games on television (obviously this question is for Miami natives). Do you guys think we'll sell out the home games, will the networks pick up the slack. Personally i'll be getting out to the stadium as much as possible, but if i can't i hope i can go to my favorite local bar, grab some wings, an ice cold pitcher and watch the fins.
You have to admit, we do have a lot of fair weather fans down here. I believe it was the first round of the playoffs when we played the Ravens a couple of years back, and the game was blacked out in south florida due to the fact that we didn't sell out the stadium.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Cheers,

DC

ticket prices are getting higher once again so its hard to call. i dont think we'll sell out all our games or anything but i definately think it'll be better than last year. i have season tickets once again this year and hopefully school wont get in the way like it did last year. last year i missed 3 games cause i had to work with a buncha ppl from my class on sundays.

There's a simple solution for the Miami natives worried about being able to watch home games because they are not sellout's. GET SEASON TICKETS! im going into my second year having season tickets, and it's so much fun, they are not expensive either.......

CITRONDAN said:
I believe it was the first round of the playoffs when we played the Ravens a couple of years back, and the game was blacked out in south florida due to the fact that we didn't sell out the stadium.
i dont understand how these blackouts work b/c that baltimore playoff game was blacked out but i went to that game and im was sitting in the next to last row (u know nosebleed) and that stadium was packed, so i guess they have a dead line or something.

It also depends on how many of the unsold tickets the local network is willing to pick up, so the blackout could be lifted. Just curious, how bad is the "black out" problem down there? living up here in the philly area, eagles games being blacked out is unheard of. It must drive you guys nuts down there...

I was at every game last year. How many games were blacked out last year?? I think with alot of people just ignorantly saying that "oh the DOlphins are gonna suck again this year" there may be more empty seats in there than last year. But then again, New coach, new system, new coordinators, hope for the o-line...who knows! We may have MORE! Not a good answer, I know. HOw many games were blacked out last year?

albyfinfan said:
i dont understand how these blackouts work b/c that baltimore playoff game was blacked out but i went to that game and im was sitting in the next to last row (u know nosebleed) and that stadium was packed, so i guess they have a dead line or something.

yeah, usually its something like 72 hours before the game, there's a deadline, its not written in stone though, depending on the situation they'll extend the deadline. The other option is that a television network will purchase the remaining tickets in order to televise the game. In regards to to the Dolphins / Ravens game, we didn't sell out until i think game day, but there's no excuse for that

phillyphinphan said:
It also depends on how many of the unsold tickets the local network is willing to pick up, so the blackout could be lifted. Just curious, how bad is the "black out" problem down there? living up here in the philly area, eagles games being blacked out is unheard of. It must drive you guys nuts down there...

its not really that common, last year it wasn't a problem mostly due to all the season tickets and regular tickets purchased before the Ricky fiasco and all the injuries. I'm just worried about this year, i'll be heading out to the stadium as much as possible, but sometimes I like to kick back at my local bar and watch the game there. That way i'm not worried about the traffic and the distance. I live like 30 minutes away from dolphins stadium

2 totally different worlds. I live in the Pittsburgh area and even when the Steelers were 6-10 the Stadium was still sold out. Cmon traffic? From what I've seen Dolphin tickets are fairly cheap compared to the rest of the NFL. (If someone knows of team ticket prices, I'd like to see it) I go to at least 2 games a year drive 5 hrs to BUF/ 4 hrs to CINCY I wish I was 30 minutes out.

I guess what I meant about 2 different worlds was I lived in San Diego for a while and Charger games rarely sold out. (except for maybe the Raiders) Floridians and Californinans probably have too many other distractions. (Hey enjoy I wish I had a beach to go to and could golf on almost any day of the year) I guess us northerners with our sometimes brutal winters only have 1 vice and that's football.

zackattack54 said:
2 totally different worlds. I live in the Pittsburgh area and even when the Steelers were 6-10 the Stadium was still sold out. Cmon traffic? From what I've seen Dolphin tickets are fairly cheap compared to the rest of the NFL. (If someone knows of team ticket prices, I'd like to see it) I go to at least 2 games a year drive 5 hrs to BUF/ 4 hrs to CINCY I wish I was 30 minutes out.

I guess what I meant about 2 different worlds was I lived in San Diego for a while and Charger games rarely sold out. (except for maybe the Raiders) Floridians and Californinans probably have too many other distractions. (Hey enjoy I wish I had a beach to go to and could golf on almost any day of the year) I guess us northerners with our sometimes brutal winters only have 1 vice and that's football.

yea, there is a lot to do down in miami, i mean its not like this is Green Bay, lol, there is actually more to do than football you can be @ the beach w/ a portable TV and a 12 pack of coronas w/ a bag of sliced limes watching the game under an umbrella while sitting on a beach chair, i'll take the burning sand over the frozen tundra any day of the year

If you can afford it and you don't have season tickets you aren't diehard. Even if you can't really afford it, but you do other lame florida stuff like go to Disney World, you aren't diehard.

I live in Columbus, OH and I have Bills season tickets.

Losman7 said:
If you can afford it and you don't have season tickets you aren't diehard. Even if you can't really afford it, but you do other lame florida stuff like go to Disney World, you aren't diehard.

you are our hero, losman.

Losman7 said:

And i'm sure Columbus, Ohio is a very exciting place, you've got...uh...um, yeah, the...uhm, either way going to the game is awesome, tailgating, the crowd, the whole nine yards, but you're just as much of a die hard if you throw a BBQ and invite a bunch of people over, or take TVs out to the beach. Some people don't like to deal with all the stadium things, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

ill be getting my seasons tickets driving down from orlando,a nd painting myself up like a maniac every sudany come fall. hell yes. no more games in patriots country for me, happy to be home!

CITRONDAN said:
And i'm sure Columbus, Ohio is a very exciting place, you've got...uh...um, yeah, the...uhm, either way going to the game is awesome, tailgating, the crowd, the whole nine yards, but you're just as much of a die hard if you throw a BBQ and invite a bunch of people over, or take TVs out to the beach. Some people don't like to deal with all the stadium things, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

exactly. im one who likes to watch the game in the comfort of home or the local sports bar, as opposed to in-person.

Back
Top Bottom