Senior Bowl Notes from Daniel Jeremiah | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Notes from Daniel Jeremiah

I've been a Demetric Felton table pounder for a few months now. My favorite offensive "niche" is the RB's who, not only are good receiving out of the backfield, but actually play a LOT (sometimes whole years) as WR's. Gives you formation versatility and messes up defensive situation substitutions. Over the years, I was high on Kamara, CMC, Nyheim Hines, Curtis Samuel, Jaylon Samuels, and others in the draft as this type. (Some like DJ Foster from ASU and Hurtz (?sp) from Baylor haven't panned out, but for the most part I've called it really well, and none of them other than CMC required 1st rd picks). Most mocks have Felton, as a day 3 pick, great value, I think.

I've been a Demetric Felton table pounder for a few months now. My favorite offensive "niche" is the RB's who, not only are good receiving out of the backfield, but actually play a LOT (sometimes whole years) as WR's. Gives you formation versatility and messes up defensive situation substitutions. Over the years, I was high on Kamara, CMC, Nyheim Hines, Curtis Samuel, Jaylon Samuels, and others in the draft as this type. (Some like DJ Foster from ASU and Hurtz (?sp) from Baylor haven't panned out, but for the most part I've called it really well, and none of them other than CMC required 1st rd picks). Most mocks have Felton, as a day 3 pick, great value, I think.
I like Gainwell more, but yeah, similar players, I like both.

So I guess Devonta Smith and Najee Harris were only invited to the senior bowl for headlines and neither actually played? Lame.

So I guess Devonta Smith and Najee Harris were only invited to the senior bowl for headlines and neither actually played? Lame.

They weren't alone. Disappointed not to see, Eskridge, Toney, both Surratt brothers, Wallace and Jones, amongst others that I'm forgetting that didn't suit up. Understand the logic but those players that did play certainly made themselves some money.

Tell you all what I saw there, there was a very different dynamic on the sidelines of both teams. There was always a a large group of players surrounding Coach Flo throughout the entire game. On the American side I didn't see that at all, it was as if the players were indifferent to the coaching staff, even when big plays were made they didn't look like a team.

Big difference on Flo's side, they were attentive to all the coaches. They hustled onto the field during substitutions and had a very positive upbeat attitude that was noticeable. This was before they had really started controlling the game too.

Most of us all know this but we have a Coach who players seem to instantly respect and it made a huge difference in the appearance and actions of the players on the sidelines.

Carter, is short! He was a beast on the field and the defenders were bouncing off him but the water girl that ran onto the field during breaks was taller than he was!

I'll post up some pictures a bit later, see if I can scan some of the program they handed out and upload them as well.

Fins up!

Tell you all what I saw there, there was a very different dynamic on the sidelines of both teams. There was always a a large group of players surrounding Coach Flo throughout the entire game. On the American side I didn't see that at all, it was as if the players were indifferent to the coaching staff, even when big plays were made they didn't look like a team.

Big difference on Flo's side, they were attentive to all the coaches. They hustled onto the field during substitutions and had a very positive upbeat attitude that was noticeable. This was before they had really started controlling the game too.

Most of us all know this but we have a Coach who players seem to instantly respect and it made a huge difference in the appearance and actions of the players on the sidelines.

Carter, is short! He was a beast on the field and the defenders were bouncing off him but the water girl that ran onto the field during breaks was taller than he was!

I'll post up some pictures a bit later, see if I can scan some of the program they handed out and upload them as well.

Fins up!
I noticed the affection for Flores too. He seems to command attention. As for Carter, I've been watching for the past 2 seasons and all he does is make plays. He's hard to bring down and can catch the football. Good player.

I noticed the affection for Flores too. He seems to command attention. As for Carter, I've been watching for the past 2 seasons and all he does is make plays. He's hard to bring down and can catch the football. Good player.
Absolutely! He clearly connects with the players. I saw one post where somebody claimed Flores was somehow disengaged, but that was clearly ridiculous.

Grant Stuard (LB) impressed as well. He nearly blocked two different punts (one he may have actually tipped a bit) and he was always around the ball. On this day his motor stayed in high gear every minute he was on the field. They did a small piece on him during one of the breaks, he raised some money and donations for a local food bank, seems like he is one of the those guys with just the right type of character.

I put up some images I took on my phone, ( I am clearly not a photographer!) and I kept them all full resolution so the image sizes are pretty large but you can zoom in and see decent details. No thumbnails so the page will load quick but since there's no thumbnails you cant see the image until you open it either. Lab tax at the end!

Back
Top Bottom