Senior Bowl Practice Reports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Practice Reports

It's all pay stuff, no access.

Would you please give us a few of the highlights that you read?

You can find info on www.draftdaddy.com and click on the draft blog tab and they give info on how everyone is doing in the senior bowl practices

Also, www.nfldraftcountdown.com has a live running blog all week with full info as well as full practice reports.

I was just curious what scout.com's premium service was saying.

weisdolphins said:
You can find info on www.draftdaddy.com and click on the draft blog tab and they give info on how everyone is doing in the senior bowl practices

I just checked their blog. Thanks for the link; real good info there.

I'll try and cover the QBs and a couple of the OTs. If anyone has a request for a specific player, let me know.

Monday's practice

QBs
Croyle: Hides the ball a little too well on handoffs, makes it hard for running backs to handle; held the ball too low which slowed up his release and caused him to be late on timing patterns

Hackney: Good ballhandling on handoffs and playaction; good setup and strong arm; led receivers well, but high and low on his throws

Shockley: Held the ball high in his setup; extends well on handoffs to put RB in good posistion; Throws high and low and threw some ducks; deep ball floated too much.

Cutler: Ball jumped out of his hand and passes showed good zip; good arm strength and accuracy; hit receivers in stride; "one of the better passers we've seen in Mobile over the last few years"

Robinson: Good arm strength but accuracy was off due to awkward delivery; the deeper the pass the less accurate the throw

Whitehurst: Over the top delivery resulted in inaccurate passsing session; above-average arm strength and good footwork

OTs

Ferguson: Long-arms, quick feet, and he knows how to use them. Great technique and fundamentals. In pass block drills, he stoned his man everytime, and had no problems. Good in run-blocking, but could be much better.

Scott: Inconsistency is his biggest problem. Looks like the best player on the field on one play, then gets beat easily on next play by players that shouldn't be in his league

Winston: Looked surprisingly solid. Technique was good, but he is still struggling with lateral movement after the knee injury. Set up his blocks a little too deep, but made good adjustments to rush moves. Could possibly work his way back to the prospect he was 2 years ago.

McNeil: Terrible technique and the coaches worked with him extensively. Too much bending at the waist, and plays with too wide of a base. Played with too much of his weight forward and easily taken off-balance. Pushed around by players of lesser caliber.

weisdolphins said:

Good stuff. Sounds like Cutler is doing very well.

I found this interesting.........
Texas A & M quarterback Reggie McNeal has a big fan in Ourlads scout Don Shonka, who tell an Austin, Texas paper he thinks McNeal's a much better prospect than Texas junior Vince Young: "Write this down," said NFL evaluator Dan Shonka, a former scout with three NFL teams. "Reggie McNeal will be a better pro quarterback than Vince Young. Vince is a good athlete, but he could be a $50 million mistake."

Back
Top Bottom