Senior bowl practice schedule | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior bowl practice schedule

Anyway I just thought it was a really curious, weird thing to say to go after the coaching of the National squad because A) I noticed no such thing and I watched every bit of the coaches tape from the week of practice, and B) the National squad was the better coached team out there today.

Predicting American would win or National would win, go one way or the other, I don't really care. It's an All Star game. Very difficult to predict. But doing so on the basis of "Miami's coaches suck and you could tell their practices sucked and they're going to get creamed"...I mean, come on.

Yeah basically the entire American OL sat out. Trey Smith? Nope. Alex Leatherwood? Nope. Jack Anderson? Nope. Not even Alaric Jackson. And of course, Ben Cleveland and D'Ante Smith had already dipped out of practice, and near as I could tell, Landon Dickerson never made it to practice.

They literally called a Pitt player about 24 hours before the game and asked him if he could suit up, because he happened to live an hour away and could begin cramming the playbook. That's an actual thing that happened.

The American OL that I reviewed, simply wasn't playing.

And the National OL absolutely showed up. That's not even arguable. The 1st string National OL, which had the #1 thru #5 top offensive line players on it, was dominant. The 2nd string OL had the dregs. I never promised that the likes of Jake Curhan, Brendan Jaimes, and Jaylon Moore would actually be good.

You do realise you are basically saying that I was right in my first statement of the American team being better than the National one, had everyone showed up then the game may have panned out the way I predicted it would. Certainly would have been different had Mac Jones been in there.

It's fine I'm just pulling your chain.

Anyway I just thought it was a really curious, weird thing to say to go after the coaching of the National squad because A) I noticed no such thing and I watched every bit of the coaches tape from the week of practice, and B) the National squad was the better coached team out there today.

Predicting American would win or National would win, go one way or the other, I don't really care. It's an All Star game. Very difficult to predict. But doing so on the basis of "Miami's coaches suck and you could tell their practices sucked and they're going to get creamed"...I mean, come on.

Ah you are like the other guy and not reading my posts just coming up with conclusions. I said the difference was stark between the head coaches, one was engaged and the other was not.
While as Flores is way more passive, somewhat disinterested and barely involved. Miami's practices appear to be more structured however. I know Flores is a delegator and maybe doesn't feel the need to be involved like Rhule clearly does. Who's to say who has the better approach.

You were clearly fixated on my one line of saying the American's better coached FOR THE GAME. Now my degree is not in linguistics or anything but saying that does not infer that the words you've just put in my mouth of that "Miami's Coaches suck".

Can't yu point me to the part where I said DOLPINS COACHING STAFF, perhaps you need a little reading comprehension here or understand that Flores is not the entire dolphins staff
I saw that you said Flores and as the face of the staff I thought it was a ridiculous thing to say.

Interesting, surprised they went with Toney instead of Rodgers, thought Rodgers was more consistent. No shock with the two QBs, the others on their teams were way off, with perhaps the exception of Mond, he do OK. The National team QBs were dreadful, but Book had a great last day I thought. Carter looked good but I would thought Stevenson was the more interesting guy, especially from a Miami perspective, he's kinda what we thought we were getting in Howard, and we need that big back.

Think the American team are more stacked (especially with many of National team crying off Thur practice) and to be frank were better coached for the game than Miami's. The approach of the two head coaches couldn't have been more different with a completely engaged and enthused Rhule, opposed to the absent and often disinterested looking Flores who barely seemed to be involved. Miami's sessions seemed to be way more structured though, but I'm expecting, not that it matters, a pretty one sided game tomorrow. I feel for the National wideouts trying to look good with that trio throwing them the ball. Mac Jones was clearly the best QB out there and a class above, I'm starting to think now that he may well go in round 1.
That's the part that I reacted to and in hindsight was really, really wrong. It seems surprising that you are acting like you were right.

I saw that you said Flores and as the face of the staff I thought it was a ridiculous thing to say.
WTF does that even mean ? I said Flores, I didn't say coaching staff, you can't just take what someone says and completely bastardise the whole line to meet your agenda !

That's the part that I reacted to and in hindsight was really, really wrong. It seems surprising that you are acting like you were right.

And CK just post how much different the OL of the American team was to the one we had watched during practice, you know the one that I had based my comment on. If the American team had had their full OLine there and also Mac Jones throwing folks the ball (he was by far the best QB on show this week) they would probably have been a little more competitive than they were. But yeah outrageous to think they were the most talented team !!! SMH

And CK just post how much different the OL of the American team was to the one we had watched during practice, you know the one that I had based my comment on. If the American team had had their full OLine there and also Mac Jones throwing folks the ball (he was by far the best QB on show this week) they would probably have been a little more competitive than they were. But yeah outrageous to think they were the most talented team !!! SMH
I actually thought that the American team roster was more talented. What I thought was ridiculous was the comments about Flores appearing disinterested and the game being one-sided.

I agree, had those players not sat out, American really might have won. Or at least been more competitive. But I think you're missing the point. It could have gone one way or the other. I said that the National OL was really good and could take over the game. But also the American OL had some really good players on it, though they didn't quite open the creases and hold the same steady pocket that the National OL did during practice, but if the National DL being weak is the reason the National OL did a better job in practice, then maybe the American OL might win them the game.

It went one way over the other way, I think in part because so many American player sat out, including the OLs and Mac Jones. And that's fine.

It's also pretty clear that the American team wasn't going to destroy anybody even if Leatherwood, Smith, Anderson, Jackson, and Jones had played.

The point was you had this weird thing about laying it on the feet of the head coaching, not just the talent, and that was clearly off the mark.

Last edited:
I agree, had those players not sat out, American really might have won. Or at least been more competitive. But I think you're missing the point. It could have gone one way or the other. I said that the National OL was really good and could take over the game. But also the American OL had some really good players on it, though they didn't quite open the creases and hold the same steady pocket that the National OL did during practice, but if the National DL being weak is the reason the National OL did a better job in practice, then maybe the American OL might win them the game.

It went one way over the other way, I think in part because so many American player sat out, including the OLs and Mac Jones. And that's fine.

It's also pretty clear that the American team wasn't going to destroy anybody even if Leatherwood, Smith, Anderson, Jackson, and Jones had played.

The point was you had this weird thing about laying it on the feet of the head coaching, not just the talent, and that was clearly off the mark.

Or there wasn't really anything weird is saying Rhule was engaged and enthused while Flores was detracted and uninterested. Never said which approach was the better. I manage my staff very much in the way Flores does, I don't micro manage. Rhule is a micro manager, that's pretty obvious by the way he involved himself in every aspect, while it was a game of spot the HC when Miami was on the practice field. The ESPN guys even remarked constantly on how Rhule was very much the "Star of the show" during their coverage.

IStyles of management differ, Rhule and Flores couldn't be more different. I said a number of times how much more structured the Miami practices were, while Rhule's almost appeared chaotic at times. That was the interesting thing to take from this for me. Flores clearly needs to surround himself with a talented team (making the OC appointment even more important), he delegates and the thought, some had that the D's success last year was little to do with Bowyer and more to do with Flores was off the mark. Bowyer obviously knows how to run a D. Gerald Alexander btw was probably the most impressive positional group coach out there from what I saw. As for Rhule for this one game I genuinely thought his enthusiastic style would be better served. We've seen it at Miami these past couple of years that Flores's approach is a slow burner, it takes time for the players to buy into. I can see Rhule grating on folks after a while, and he's never going to be successful if he doesn't stop trying to do everything himself and let his staff do their jobs.

Or there wasn't really anything weird is saying Rhule was engaged and enthused while Flores was detracted and uninterested. Never said which approach was the better. I manage my staff very much in the way Flores does, I don't micro manage. Rhule is a micro manager, that's pretty obvious by the way he involved himself in every aspect, while it was a game of spot the HC when Miami was on the practice field. The ESPN guys even remarked constantly on how Rhule was very much the "Star of the show" during their coverage.

IStyles of management differ, Rhule and Flores couldn't be more different. I said a number of times how much more structured the Miami practices were, while Rhule's almost appeared chaotic at times. That was the interesting thing to take from this for me. Flores clearly needs to surround himself with a talented team (making the OC appointment even more important), he delegates and the thought, some had that the D's success last year was little to do with Bowyer and more to do with Flores was off the mark. Bowyer obviously knows how to run a D. Gerald Alexander btw was probably the most impressive positional group coach out there from what I saw. As for Rhule for this one game I genuinely thought his enthusiastic style would be better served. We've seen it at Miami these past couple of years that Flores's approach is a slow burner, it takes time for the players to buy into. I can see Rhule grating on folks after a while, and he's never going to be successful if he doesn't stop trying to do everything himself and let his staff do their jobs.

I just listened to Drive Time w/ Travis Wingfield and he had Dane Brugler on the podcast and he talked about the Senior Bowl.

Brugler didn't mention anything about one coach being more enthusiastic than the other, but he did confirm what Geordie said above about the structured practices. Brugler said, "Nothing against Coach Rhule and the Panthers, but I thought the Dolphins ran their practices much smoother and everything was very quick and clean, and I really enjoyed how Coach Flores and his staff did things."

Back
Top Bottom