Senior bowl practice schedule | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior bowl practice schedule

About 1/4 of the way into the American practice. Wow the difference between the two coaching staffs in particular the HC is amazing. Rhule is all energy really in to and it's infectious, somewhat chaotic practices in many ways, but he's very much the heart and soul of what's going on out there. While as Flores is way more passive, somewhat disinterested and barely involved. Miami's practices appear to be more structured however. I know Flores is a delegator and maybe doesn't feel the need to be involved like Rhule clearly does. Who's to say who has the better approach.

Below are the accolades for each position group, voted on by the teammates who faced them in practice.

National Team Best Players
Best QB: Ian Book
Best RB: Michael Carter
Best TE: Hunter Long
Best WR: D'Wayne Eskridge (I assume, Nagy forgot to announce it)
Best OL: Quinn Meinerz
Best DL: Osa Odighizuwa
Best LB: Tony Fields
Best CB: D.J. Daniel
Best DS: Christian Uphoff

American Team Best Players
Best QB: Mac Jones
Best RB: Kylin Hill
Best TE: Tre McKitty
Best WR: Kadarius Toney
Best OL: David Moore
Best DL: Cam Sample
Best LB: K.J. Britt
Best CB: Tre Brown
Best DS: Richie Grant

And the NFL/Senior Bowl people named OL Dillon Radunz as the best practice player of the week. Justin Herbert won it last year.

Last edited:
Below are the accolades for each position group, voted on by the teammates who faced them in practice.

National Team Best Players
Best QB: Ian Book
Best RB: Michael Carter
Best TE: Hunter Long
Best WR: D'Wayne Eskridge (I assume, Nagy forgot to announce it)
Best OL: Quinn Meinerz
Best DL: Osa Odighizuwa
Best LB: Tony Fields
Best CB: D.J. Daniel
Best DS: Christian Uphoff

American Team Best Players
Best QB: Mac Jones
Best RB: Kylin Hill
Best TE: Tre McKitty
Best WR: Kadarius Toney
Best OL: David Moore
Best DL: Cam Sample
Best LB: K.J. Britt
Best CB: Tre Brown
Best DS: Richie Grant

And the NFL/Senior Bowl people named OL Dillon Radunz as the best practice player of the week. Justin Herbert won it last year.
Interesting, surprised they went with Toney instead of Rodgers, thought Rodgers was more consistent. No shock with the two QBs, the others on their teams were way off, with perhaps the exception of Mond, he do OK. The National team QBs were dreadful, but Book had a great last day I thought. Carter looked good but I would thought Stevenson was the more interesting guy, especially from a Miami perspective, he's kinda what we thought we were getting in Howard, and we need that big back.

Think the American team are more stacked (especially with many of National team crying off Thur practice) and to be frank were better coached for the game than Miami's. The approach of the two head coaches couldn't have been more different with a completely engaged and enthused Rhule, opposed to the absent and often disinterested looking Flores who barely seemed to be involved. Miami's sessions seemed to be way more structured though, but I'm expecting, not that it matters, a pretty one sided game tomorrow. I feel for the National wideouts trying to look good with that trio throwing them the ball. Mac Jones was clearly the best QB out there and a class above, I'm starting to think now that he may well go in round 1.

Last edited:
I'm not all the way through everybody yet. But how the game could go is interesting.

Can't deny that the National QBs (Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger, Feleipe Franks) are poor competition against Mac Jones, Jamie Newman, and Kellen Mond.

But I think National has a really fantastic group of offensive linemen. LT/LG Dillon Radunz, OC/OG Creed Humphrey, OC/OG Quinn Meinerz, LG Aaron Banks, RT Spencer Brown, OG/OC/RT Robert Hainsey, LT James Hudson, and RT Adrian Ealy are going to rip open some wide open holes for RB Michael Carter, RB Khalil Herbert, and RB Rhamondre Stevenson to run through.

By the end of the practice week, American had DE Carlos Basham, DE Cam Sample, and DE Chauncey Golston playing 1-technique...because Marlon Tuipulotu was the only natural 1-technique still left and they didn't even have any real 3-techniques to replace. How well do you see that working out against National's highly talented offensive linemen? I like these players, but they're not playing the right positions. I don't know that I trust Jordan Smith or Janarius Robinson to hold the edges, either. I think William Bradley-King can hold his edge. Maybe Quincy Roche.

What I would look to happen also is for those National OLs to blow some holes so wide open that QB Sam Ehlinger and QB Feleipe Franks take off running for big gains.

That said, the same thing could happen on the flip side. You have LT Alex Leatherwood, LG/RG Trey Smith, LG/RG Deonte Brown, OC/OG Jack Anderson, and OC/OG David Moore, OC/OG Drake Jackson, and LT/RT Dan Moore. They could do a number on a National DL that was similarly thinned out as the week went on, ending with Osa Odighizuwa the only real natural DT, having to throw guys like Tarron Jackson, Rashad Weaver, and Ade Ogundeji into the interior. Patrick Jones and Shaka Toney were terrible, Ta'Quon Graham not much better.

Jamie Newman and Kellen Mond perfectly capable of ripping off some big scrambles, too.

But I will say this. From having watched so much of the coaches tape, the National OLs were a lot better than the American OLs at translating their names and their talents into open running lanes. Was that a function of the coaching? The scheme? The players just focusing better? The defensive front? We'll find out.

American does boast the best pass rusher on either squad, Cam Sample.

I'm not all the way through everybody yet. But how the game could go is interesting.

Can't deny that the National QBs (Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger, Feleipe Franks) are poor competition against Mac Jones, Jamie Newman, and Kellen Mond.

But I think National has a really fantastic group of offensive linemen. LT/LG Dillon Radunz, OC/OG Creed Humphrey, OC/OG Quinn Meinerz, LG Aaron Banks, RT Spencer Brown, OG/OC/RT Robert Hainsey, LT James Hudson, and RT Adrian Ealy are going to rip open some wide open holes for RB Michael Carter, RB Khalil Herbert, and RB Rhamondre Stevenson to run through.

By the end of the practice week, American had DE Carlos Basham, DE Cam Sample, and DE Chauncey Golston playing 1-technique...because Marlon Tuipulotu was the only natural 1-technique still left and they didn't even have any real 3-techniques to replace. How well do you see that working out against National's highly talented offensive linemen? I like these players, but they're not playing the right positions. I don't know that I trust Jordan Smith or Janarius Robinson to hold the edges, either. I think William Bradley-King can hold his edge. Maybe Quincy Roche.

What I would look to happen also is for those National OLs to blow some holes so wide open that QB Sam Ehlinger and QB Feleipe Franks take off running for big gains.

That said, the same thing could happen on the flip side. You have LT Alex Leatherwood, LG/RG Trey Smith, LG/RG Deonte Brown, OC/OG Jack Anderson, and OC/OG David Moore, OC/OG Drake Jackson, and LT/RT Dan Moore. They could do a number on a National DL that was similarly thinned out as the week went on, ending with Osa Odighizuwa the only real natural DT, having to throw guys like Tarron Jackson, Rashad Weaver, and Ade Ogundeji into the interior. Patrick Jones and Shaka Toney were terrible, Ta'Quon Graham not much better.

Jamie Newman and Kellen Mond perfectly capable of ripping off some big scrambles, too.

But I will say this. From having watched so much of the coaches tape, the National OLs were a lot better than the American OLs at translating their names and their talents into open running lanes. Was that a function of the coaching? The scheme? The players just focusing better? The defensive front? We'll find out.

American does boast the best pass rusher on either squad, Cam Sample.
Sounds like the Offensive Line could be the strongest position in the draft. Both teams had impressive performances from their players along the OL, all week long.

Interesting, surprised they went with Toney instead of Rodgers, thought Rodgers was more consistent. No shock with the two QBs, the others on their teams were way off, with perhaps the exception of Mond, he do OK. The National team QBs were dreadful, but Book had a great last day I thought. Carter looked good but I would thought Stevenson was the more interesting guy, especially from a Miami perspective, he's kinda what we thought we were getting in Howard, and we need that big back.

Think the American team are more stacked (especially with many of National team crying off Thur practice) and to be frank were better coached for the game than Miami's. The approach of the two head coaches couldn't have been more different with a completely engaged and enthused Rhule, opposed to the absent and often disinterested looking Flores who barely seemed to be involved. Miami's sessions seemed to be way more structured though, but I'm expecting, not that it matters, a pretty one sided game tomorrow. I feel for the National wideouts trying to look good with that trio throwing them the ball. Mac Jones was clearly the best QB out there and a class above, I'm starting to think now that he may well go in round 1.

Yeah no. lol.

Watching the practices I don't get how anyone would call the Dolphin coaching staff disinterested. In fact, watching the game, my impression was that the National team executed better and was the better coached squad.

Yeah no. lol.

Hehe, you were wrong the OL v DL though tbf. National DL dominated the American OL, and at times it looked like American DL getting consistent pressure, but that was probably Ian Book making it appear that way :) Loved the rolling Maul (rugby term) for the Carter TD.

It was a good game thought we learned a lot, sad not to see Toney, Eskridge and Wallace though. Rodgers confirmed what I thought, he'll be a great pick up mid rounds and Carter looks like a player, he's easily RB #4. Like the Look of the Smith kid rom Northern Iowa and Odighizuwa and Taylor at CB. Shi Smith and Dez Fitzpatrick flashed too.

Watching the practices I don't get how anyone would call the Dolphin coaching staff disinterested. In fact, watching the game, my impression was that the National team executed better and was the better coached squad.

Can't yu point me to the part where I said DOLPINS COACHING STAFF, perhaps you need a little reading comprehension here or understand that Flores is not the entire dolphins staff

Hehe, you were wrong the OL v DL though tbf. National DL dominated the American OL, and at times it looked like American DL getting consistent pressure, but that was probably Ian Book making it appear that way :) Loved the rolling Maul (rugby term) for the Carter TD.

It was a good game thought we learned a lot, sad not to see Toney, Eskridge and Wallace though. Rodgers confirmed what I thought, he'll be a great pick up mid rounds and Carter looks like a player, he's easily RB #4. Like the Look of the Smith kid rom Northern Iowa and Odighizuwa and Taylor at CB. Shi Smith and Dez Fitzpatrick flashed too.

Yeah basically the entire American OL sat out. Trey Smith? Nope. Alex Leatherwood? Nope. Jack Anderson? Nope. Not even Alaric Jackson. And of course, Ben Cleveland and D'Ante Smith had already dipped out of practice, and near as I could tell, Landon Dickerson never made it to practice.

They literally called a Pitt player about 24 hours before the game and asked him if he could suit up, because he happened to live an hour away and could begin cramming the playbook. That's an actual thing that happened.

The American OL that I reviewed, simply wasn't playing.

And the National OL absolutely showed up. That's not even arguable. The 1st string National OL, which had the #1 thru #5 top offensive line players on it, was dominant. The 2nd string OL had the dregs. I never promised that the likes of Jake Curhan, Brendan Jaimes, and Jaylon Moore would actually be good.

Back
Top Bottom