Senior DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine torn ACL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine torn ACL

NorFlaFin

PowerHungryMo'fo
Reaction score
Sad, sad news over at FSU football today. Senior DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, who was having an All-America-type season, sustained a torn ACL late in the Florida loss. He has played his last snap as a Seminole.

Wow. I think he had moved into the 1st round with his play this year, maybe even top 20. On the flipside, a team is going to get an absolute steal at a bargain price. Now I wonder what round he will be drafted.

i don't know about 1st round talk there prior to the injury but i guess now i know why he looked so upset yesterday on the sideline...still if someone can take schofield high a couple years ago knowing he won't help them the next year i doubt carradine killed his stock...i would burn a 4th rounder on him...still

but top 50 pick talk is likely over with...

I wouldn't mind us taking flyers on him and Jenkins in the second or third rounds. If they return to form...look out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't mind us taking flyers on him and Jenkins in the second or third rounds. If they return to form...look out!

Not an "if" I would take a chance on. We're not in position to draft "if's", if this team was deeper with talent sure but not now, not with the lack of playmakers and the lack of depth all over the roster.

I definitely believe he was a 1st round pick before he hurt his knee Saturday. I still don't think he makes it out of the top half of the 3rd round.

The upside with Carradine is tremendous. As good as he already is, he can be even better once he learns to play with better pad level instead of playing so upright all the time.

A lot of guys rack up what I call college sacks, but they don't necessarily translate to the NFL. Clemson in particular for example, has a long line of 'em from guys like Andre Branch, Daquan Bowers, Ricky Sapp, Phillip Merling, Gaines Adams, etc. You're not going to win in the NFL consistently with pure speed or a first move like you do in college.

Carradine gets NFL caliber sacks based on his ability to finish through incredible functional football strength in his core and upper body, and his ability to fight for hand position to disengage offensive tackles. Carradine has the ability to make an offensive tackle wrong even when he's done everything right. That's a rare quality, especially for a kid who's still playing with flawed technique.

That's also why he leads a defense full of kids who will be playing in the NFL soon in tackles from his DE spot, which is a fairly rare accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an "if" I would take a chance on. We're not in position to draft "if's", if this team was deeper with talent sure but not now, not with the lack of playmakers and the lack of depth all over the roster.

The thing is that both if them are absolutely play makers that could not be had outside the first round had they not have been hurt. They are absolutely worth the risk even if neither plays next year, which us very highly doubtful.

Tank Carradine is easily my favorite player in the 2013 Draft. I liked calling him "The Don" as in "Don Cornellius" always was ready for the kill shot. I liked the way he played his position. I was upset when the injury happened, he was a guy I was hoping Miami would draft. They still might? perhaps now getting a steal in the 4th-5th round.

hellfire, now we can take werner with our first and get carradine late? sign me up.

I'd take a guy like carradine over a lot of the guys I have tried to pencil in the fourth or fifth round in my research. even with the injury, he'd be a steal in the 4-5 round. It's not as if it's a career ending injury.
too bad for the guy though, he deserved to go a lot higher than he will go.

The thing is that both if them are absolutely play makers that could not be had outside the first round had they not have been hurt. They are absolutely worth the risk even if neither plays next year, which us very highly doubtful.

Not onboard with this...that's just my opinion. Carradine will still go in the 2nd round and we absolutely need the players in the first 3 round (all 5 of them) to be contributers next year if we want to take the next step. If we had more depth at DE I wouldn't have an issue with it but we have no depth at the spot and we have no time to wait on someone to see "if" they'll come back from injury...if they don't then you might as well have drafted Pat White cause you just threw away a 2nd round pick.

Carridine was on the rise fast, and he may very well have gone 1st round. He's cut from clay for a defensive end, and he played the part. This is devastating news for him but I'm sure he'll be no worse for the wear, in the end. Just not quite as rich.

Carridine was on the rise fast, and he may very well have gone 1st round. He's cut from clay for a defensive end, and he played the part. This is devastating news for him but I'm sure he'll be no worse for the wear, in the end. Just not quite as rich.
Truthfully I was more impressed with your boy Werner in the Florida game. Carridine (or however you spell it) got shut down in that game.

Truthfully I was more impressed with your boy Werner in the Florida game. Carridine (or however you spell it) got shut down in that game.

Werner is the best draft eligible defensive end in the country, which is what I said way back in like June or May. I don't know about 'shut down' because I saw Carridine put on the pressure a few times, but he's been on all year and has outperformed Werner in several games. He's made the most of his opportunity and continued on from what was a fantastic showing in the spring game, which is what first had me believing Carridine might actually be a good NFL starter one day.

Not onboard with this...that's just my opinion. Carradine will still go in the 2nd round and we absolutely need the players in the first 3 round (all 5 of them) to be contributers next year if we want to take the next step. If we had more depth at DE I wouldn't have an issue with it but we have no depth at the spot and we have no time to wait on someone to see "if" they'll come back from injury...if they don't then you might as well have drafted Pat White cause you just threw away a 2nd round pick.

The thing is that there are very few bonifide pass rushing DE left in the 2nd or 3rd. You draft for upside there and no one has the upside of Jenkins or Carradine that will likely be available after the first round. That is how you accumulate play makers.

Back
Top Bottom