Serious ask for discussion about X | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious ask for discussion about X

No, not a “rub it in” thing. I’m genuinely curious if anyone is still thinking about the off-season X drama after yesterday’s win?

Consider: Jones didn’t attempt a single throw at him and then there was the game winning strip / recovery.

Did we do the right thing in keeping him here? Do you think the players (if they were) are still bitter after the way the end of the game went down?

I am genuinely curious and really hope to have a good debate / discussion here.
100% we did the right thing. I am just mad that he won't get the opportunity to get 10 picks because it looks like he is just going to shut down his side of the field. Teams just not going to throw on him.

100% we did the right thing. I am just mad that he won't get the opportunity to get 10 picks because it looks like he is just going to shut down his side of the field. Teams just not going to throw on him.
You could tell there was no way BB was going to let his rookie QB - in his first pro start - even think about throwing at X.

he is our best player.

at a position that often directly impacts the outcome of games.

i didn't even want to consider the possibly of entering this season without him back there, so i tended to stay away from the business end of things and hope for the best.

Even when it was an issue the players seemed to fully support X based on their comments.

The players know it is a business and they know what a great player X is.

As a Dolphin fan, I was concerned Grier might set a bad precedent if he folded to X’s demands. Didn’t happen.

Most of all, I think how this situation was handled shows the Miami Dolphins are no longer the dysfunctional organization they had been before Flo got here.

Towards the end it sounded like X might be at the point of no return. That it didn’t blow up is a testament to Grier and Flo’s ability to develop healthy relationships with players.

I am thrilled X is a Dolphin. Miami likely doesn’t beat the Patriots without him.

The Dolphins played it perfectly. He did start off asking for insane money and the Dolphins said "No". He whined a bit, threatened a bit, then realized he had no leverage. The Dolphins kept it classy and then threw him a small bone to appease him and let him come back saying that it was what he wanted all along.

The Dolphins played it perfectly. He did start off asking for insane money and the Dolphins said "No". He whined a bit, threatened a bit, then realized he had no leverage. The Dolphins kept it classy and then threw him a small bone to appease him and let him come back saying that it was what he wanted all along.

Yep

Smart move

Players negotiations only bother the “get off my lawn” old farts who hate these professional athletes making as much as they do. X was never in the wrong at all. Nor is any athlete who tries to exercise leverage in contract negotiations.

So many fans rooting for draft capitol during the holdout...you're draft capitol ends up being Iggy. A first round pick who is inactive entering year two. Draft capitol...teams do their research and hope like hell they end up like X. How many DB's have we drafted in the last decade or two, and how many have ended up like X? Very very few.
0 to be precise. Xavien Howard is the best draft pick of this organization in 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom