Serious ask for discussion about X | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious ask for discussion about X

0 to be precise. Xavien Howard is the best draft pick of this organization in 20 years.
You may be right. I’m trying to think if there is anyone else of that caliber since 2000. Jake Long could have been in the same category had he remained healthy. After that I’m still scratching my head. Perhaps Charles Harris? Hahahahahah!!!

Fans are weird with money that isn’t theirs. Many act like food is coming off their tables lol. I like good players, we’ve already let too many walk. They say fans are 3 or 4 seasons behind the market too. I was all for keeping X, could you imagine Iggy running around out there lol.

I'd still rather trade him next year than give him a new contract. Also, if we are going to pay corners big money, I'd like to use them in a demanding scheme that fits their talents, and stop playing soft zone and off man. You can do that with less talented/expensive players. If we are going back to press man, cover 0/1, and going to put our corners on an island, then I understand paying the big bucks. If we aren't going to do that consistently, then there are better ways to spend cap.

Fans are weird with money that isn’t theirs. Many act like food is coming off their tables lol. I like good players, we’ve already let too many walk. They say fans are 3 or 4 seasons behind the market too. I was all for keeping X, could you imagine Iggy running around out there lol.
It wasn't about the money, it was about how X handled himself in relation to his team. Shady press releases, leaks, etc. What he has in skill he certainly lacks in class.

It wasn't about the money, it was about how X handled himself in relation to his team. Shady press releases, leaks, etc. What he has in skill he certainly lacks in class.

Legitimate question:

Aside from the one statement made through his agent, (and I did not like that either), what exactly is "etc?"

I ask this because so many things that were reported as "factual" about what he wanted and was demanding simply were not true.

Legitimate question:

Aside from the one statement made through his agent, (and I did not like that either), what exactly is "etc?"

I ask this because so many things that were reported as "factual" about what he wanted and was demanding simply were not true.
Holding out on training camp. Claiming injuries the first day and on. Releasing info about claims of demands. You know stuff people of good character do.

No, not a “rub it in” thing. I’m genuinely curious if anyone is still thinking about the off-season X drama after yesterday’s win?

Consider: Jones didn’t attempt a single throw at him and then there was the game winning strip / recovery.

Did we do the right thing in keeping him here? Do you think the players (if they were) are still bitter after the way the end of the game went down?

I am genuinely curious and really hope to have a good debate / discussion here.
I actually thought the non Fins fans tried to turn this into drama than we did. Love Xman but I woulda been fine with whatever direction Flores went with this. Glad X didn’t want out and just wanted a few more bucks

You may be right. I’m trying to think if there is anyone else of that caliber since 2000. Jake Long could have been in the same category had he remained healthy. After that I’m still scratching my head. Perhaps Charles Harris? Hahahahahah!!!
And that's essentially the problem I have with Chris Grier. He's been in an executive position in this organization since 2007 (Director of College Scouting and GM) and we have drafted so poorly, it's not even funny. The next best player we drafted during that span after Xavien Howard is Ryan Tannehill.

And that's essentially the problem I have with Chris Grier. He's been in an executive position in this organization since 2007 (Director of College Scouting and GM) and we have drafted so poorly, it's not even funny. The next best player we drafted during that span after Xavien Howard is Ryan Tannehill.
well, people can debate how good of a left tackle Laremy Tunsil was when he was here, and is now for the Texans, but drafting that guy turned into a windfall for our team, so he has to be right up there as a one of the grand slam picks of his current tenure.

and never forget the Minkster. i think he is incredibly overrated now that he had that first season in Pittsburgh and is considered All Pro ever since.

he didn't want to be a part of what we have going on here, and we moved on from him, but he was a Grier-man pick.

The thing about X. Howard is everything indicates he's a team player. We heard that he was working with Iggy, as an example.

For that reason, as much as for his talent, I was so glad the team showed some flexibility in getting it done.

Holding out on training camp. Claiming injuries the first day and on. Releasing info about claims of demands. You know stuff people of good character do.
I’m sorry he hurt your feels. Can you show us on the doll where the bad X touched you?

Back
Top Bottom