Serious ask for discussion about X | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious ask for discussion about X

I will say this... he demanded a trade based on being paid fairly, he didn't receive much extra money that amounted to a restructure and he was happy, he showed up and never held out, then...

he stuck his body into a play and pile to make the game winning play for our team.

I didn't like the drama, but I certainly respect the man.

He played like a loyal Dolphin. Even when he got his money, it didn't hurt the team and basically just shifted numbers around without much increase. He came out, balled out and saved this win for his team.

That is about as team-loyal as you will see in a Superstar AFTER getting his money.

If you want to see how badly it could have went, go watch Mr. Rodgers put up 3 points against the Saints. As he truly is a man of stature and should be respected more by his team. As evident by his play on the field after he also got what he wanted.

Thank you Mr. X.

I'd still rather trade him next year than give him a new contract. Also, if we are going to pay corners big money, I'd like to use them in a demanding scheme that fits their talents, and stop playing soft zone and off man. You can do that with less talented/expensive players. If we are going back to press man, cover 0/1, and going to put our corners on an island, then I understand paying the big bucks. If we aren't going to do that consistently, then there are better ways to spend cap.
You tripping. X is totally worth it. Already paying dividends. He won game 1 for us

I will say this... he demanded a trade based on being paid fairly, he didn't receive much extra money that amounted to a restructure and he was happy, he showed up and never held out, then...

he stuck his body into a play and pile to make the game winning play for our team.

I didn't like the drama, but I certainly respect the man.

He played like a loyal Dolphin. Even when he got his money, it didn't hurt the team and basically just shifted numbers around without much increase. He came out, balled out and saved this win for his team.

That is about as team-loyal as you will see in a Superstar AFTER getting his money.

If you want to see how badly it could have went, go watch Mr. Rodgers put up 3 points against the Saints. As he truly is a man of stature and should be respected more by his team. As evident by his play on the field after he also got what he wanted.

Thank you Mr. X.
Good point about Rodgers. His heart was NOT in it week 1. And X - yep, did dirty work to save the win. Respect.

I'd still rather trade him next year than give him a new contract. Also, if we are going to pay corners big money, I'd like to use them in a demanding scheme that fits their talents, and stop playing soft zone and off man. You can do that with less talented/expensive players. If we are going back to press man, cover 0/1, and going to put our corners on an island, then I understand paying the big bucks. If we aren't going to do that consistently, then there are better ways to spend cap.
Perhaps that was just the game plan used for Mac N Cheese Jones? To be fair, we only gave up 16 points.

Holding out on training camp. Claiming injuries the first day and on. Releasing info about claims of demands. You know stuff people of good character do.

Point by point:

1) He didn't hold out. The CBA makes that staggeringly unprofitable. Next?

2) I'm curious. Who reported those injuries? Next?

3) The release was a burr for me. I didn't like it. But, as I said repeatedly...the new agent had a very specific interest in getting X more money.

Point by point:

1) He didn't hold out. The CBA makes that staggeringly unprofitable. Next?

2) I'm curious. Who reported those injuries? Next?

3) The release was a burr for me. I didn't like it. But, as I said repeatedly...the new agent had a very specific interest in getting X more money.

It's not hard to search my thoughts on this fwiw, just click the big looking glass in the top right, type Howard and enter my name. You'll see I love to hate the guy for his antics recently.

I'll be more that happy to address the rest of this manyana.

Perhaps that was just the game plan used for Mac N Cheese Jones? To be fair, we only gave up 16 points.
I'm hoping that's the case, but you had a prime opportunity to take advantage of a rookie in his first game, to shatter his confidence a bit (which matters, as the Pats are a divisional rival), and to let your Defense dictate the game, and instead we played soft coverage, and came within 2 minutes and a lucky fumble of losing.

Howard is slowly putting together one of the most dominate few years for a cornerback in nfl history. He won’t get the credit and media attention that Revis got but he’s slowly getting to that level. So yes he’s worth every penny, he’s a lockdown corner who is a playmaker and there’s very few of any of those in the league…

Howard is slowly putting together one of the most dominate few years for a cornerback in nfl history. He won’t get the credit and media attention that Revis got but he’s slowly getting to that level. So yes he’s worth every penny, he’s a lockdown corner who is a playmaker and there’s very few of any of those in the league…

I think he's already at Revis level quite honestly.

Back
Top Bottom