Serious Note: THE PLAYERS TO WATCH. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious Note: THE PLAYERS TO WATCH.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Some of you know that I have been working on releasing a publication and I study film year in and year out.....Well...this is what I got and How I rank them at the spots we can get them.......

1st Round:

RB:

Ronnie Brown - Think Deuce McCallister.
Cadillac Williams - Home Run Hitter, does everything right.
Cedric Benson - Mauler...not many HR's...but consistent 4.0 per carry.

WR:

Braylon Edwards - Think Roy Williams, TO, yeah....that TO.
Troy Williamson - EXPLOSIVE....think Deon Branch, Anquan Boldin.
Mike Williams - Will not get deep, but will catch everything...100 catch candidate.

Late pick in Trade down 18-25

WR:

Mark Clayton - Would you like to have a OJ McDuffie? I would.

OT:

Alex Barron- Might Be there...has the most upside of any OT in years....needs alot of work to be able to start right away.

Safety:

Brodney Pool - The best Safety in this draft PERIOD.
Thomas Davis - a killer.
Josh Bullocks - Smart...does everything right...a real ball hawk....just makes plays.

CB:

Marlin Jackson - The best value pick possible for any team from 20 to 30...he will not make it out of the first round.

LB:

I see NONE worth taking with a late first round pick of those that will be available.

2nd Round:

CB:

Nick Collins - My Sleeper of the whole draft...could be best CB coming out...yeah...you heard me.
Fabian Washington - Fastest guy in draft...****y....gotta like this guy.

OL:

Khalif Barnes - Skilled...but raw....do not see him starting right away anywhere...a project..but a GOOD one.
Wesley Britt - Classic LT in the NFL.
Elton Brown - Mauler in the Shawn Andrews mold.

3rd Round:

OL:

Rob Pettiti - Very Sound, could play right away.

WR: (If we take a RB with #2 or do not take a WR with a trade down pick, here is where we get our guy.)

Leron McCoy - Pray that he is still on the board at this spot.
Vincent Jackson - The real Sleeper in this draft...could be a stud.
Roddy White - Does everything right, plays faster than his times, drops some passes though.
Fred Gibson - Eratic, all the talent in the world though, always seems to be hurt.

4th Round:

LB:

Jonathan Pollard - Vrabel type, hybrid guy. Inside/Outside 3-4 scheme guy.
Jonathan Welsh - I doubt he drops to here, a miracle pick at this spot. McGinest type.
Nick Speegle - Look for him.....

DT:

Santonio Thomas - questionable motor, NO DT is quicker inside of 3 yards.
Anthony Bryant - Gonna be real tight...might be a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

5th to 7th round: I take BPA.

I really like Josh Bullocks, I know it's a big leap to say this but I think he could be a Ed Reed type. A really good ball hawk

As for the QB's....here is my opinion:

Orton sucks.

Frye is Rosenfels.

McPherson is ???????? PROJECT.

Orlovsky....PROJECT.

I think Rodgers blows...Alex Smith is ok......Jason Campbell is ok also....This is a weak QB class.

Leron McCoy - Pray that he is still on the board at this spot.

Believe it or not, I'm going to LeRon's house for the draft. I'm good friends with him and his little brother LeSean "Shady" McCoy (Shady's a beast in football)

I think Alex Smith will be great he's athletic, really smart, very accurate and doesn't throw many INTs which is a huge plus. With his brain I seriously think he will learn the playbook fast and be able to change plays as much as P.Manning does. I think he will be able to start pretty soon also, with his brain it won't take long to learn the NFL ways

Another guy I like...but we don't need because of Wes Welker........JEROME MATHIS......a burner folks!!!!

Good post. I think Anthony Bryant will slip to around the 5th though.

HysterikiLL said:
Good post. I think Anthony Bryant will slip to around the 5th though.

I agree....but every year one guy makes a miraculous jump in rounds.....I think he might be one of them...

AZfinfan said:
what do you think of Walters?

Has all the throws...and I especially like his poise in the pocket....the problem I have with him is that his feet sometimes look like they are made of lead.

He also makes a little to many flat footed throws.

He is the total package as far as a YOUNG QB to groom though....4th round...if he is there...you have to give him some thought.

Section126 said:
Mark Clayton - Would you like to have a OJ McDuffie? I would.

I would hope he would be more like the old Number 83(Mark Clayton, Duh) than be like O.J.

godfater21 said:
I would hope he would be more like the old Number 83(Mark Clayton, Duh) than be like O.J.

He doesn't have the speed and breakaway talent that the old #83 had......He is a faster version of OJ McDuffie....and that IMO is saying ALOT. He is also mean....and a complete football player. If you are a DE.....watch for the crack back!!!

Back
Top Bottom