Serious Props To Merman!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious Props To Merman!!!!

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
I searched high and low for Dolphin cap info. What I found is the process is an extremely long and time consuming trial trying to gather the info. Merman guided me to a site where it was all right there in an easy to understand chart. He personally gathered a lot of the info, and the site is up to date. This site will help answer a lot of questions about next year's cap status and possible casualties. THANX A TON MERMAN!!!!!!!!!
YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thefinforum.com/SiteContent/Content/DolphinsSalaryCap.asp

Dang if re-structure Fiedler and cut Griese we can save a ****load. Re-structure Madison and extend Surtain. Bowens 4m? Way too high for a guy slows down at the end of games and is outplayed by Chester. Draft Sopogoa, an underrated DT from Hawaii and put him in a rotatin with Chester, Zgonina, and Sopogoa.

Yep cut Griese (save 6.5 mill), Ruddy (save 2.2 mill), Mcknight (save 1.5 mill), maybe cut T-Bo or possible trade (save 2.9 mill). Fiedler (6.84 cap#) HAS to restructure or flat out take a paycut. We will be alright. Madison, Fletcher, and Mare all need to take paycuts as well.
As long as Surtain's knee is fine restructure his deal through 2008 and we save another $4 million.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by unclemonty
I searched high and low for Dolphin cap info. What I found is the process is an extremely long and time consuming trial trying to gather the info. Merman guided me to a site where it was all right there in an easy to understand chart. He personally gathered a lot of the info, and the site is up to date. This site will help answer a lot of questions about next year's cap status and possible casualties. THANX A TON MERMAN!!!!!!!!!
YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thefinforum.com/SiteContent/Content/DolphinsSalaryCap.asp

Thanks for the props unclemonty I really do appreciate it. :mdfin:

I have also completed a chart that shows all the players' status for 2004 and how much can be saved for each signed player if cut before 6/01 or after 6/01. It's just a matter of coordinating with the the site's owner as he is a busy man. :cooldude:

Awesome job!!!! I had scribbled paper everywhere trying to figure it all out, and I was still missing several players. I look forward to your next chart. EVERYONE GIVE MERMAN PROPS HE DESERVES IT!!!!!!
What he did is no simple task, believe me!!!!

Props

Originally posted by unclemonty
Awesome job!!!! I had scribbled paper everywhere trying to figure it all out, and I was still missing several players. I look forward to your next chart. EVERYONE GIVE MERMAN PROPS HE DESERVES IT!!!!!!
What he did is no simple task, believe me!!!!

It's alwyas difficult to find salary cap info. You've got my props Merman!:eat:

Do you think the cap will be close to $80 million next year???????
Anyone, anyone?????

Len P. of ESPN has reported the cap to be just under $80 million. But each team can have either a NLTBE credit or debit which added or subtracted from the cap. In 2002, Miami had about a $2.6 million debit while in 2003, Miami had a $85,000 credit.

Say the cap is set at $80 million and Miami ends up with a $2 million debit, Miami's salary cap is $78 million.

Lots of players that we can cut. So at this point looks like we are 5m over without re-signing anybody. 6m Griese. We are already under then. To make room we have to start cutting deeper. Ruddy, Perry, McKnight, Thompson, maybe Bowens 4m is too much. Fiedler re-structure brings us down 2m. Extension for Surtain and re-structure of Madison brings us down another 6m atleast.

We should also look to resign either Chambers or OGun long term next season, since we will have a tough time resigning BOTH after the 2005 season.

Don't forget about Ricky Williams. He is being way under paid at $2.6M and his agent made that understood at the beginning of the season. With his importance and all the heavy use that may shorten his career Ricky will want to and deserves to get paid.

No he is going to stay here next year with a 4m salary which he has not complained about.

Back
Top Bottom