Seriously this time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seriously this time

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Reaction score
While i was listening to Saban's press conference i noticed how he mentioned players playing multiple positions and getting to know other positions. I know that alot of stupid suggestions were made about moving people to play safety but i really think that Eddie Moore should get moved. Coming out of college he was projected by some to play SS but i think that if he were to be moved to safety he could play both positions if needed. I can't see Eddie Moore fitting in with what Saban is trying to do if he stays at the LB position... he is a smallish LB and doesnt have the typical LB size of the Lb's Saban is bringing in. He already moved Bua to S and i don't think its far fetched to see Moore or even like Pope get moved to safety.

Lazy1 said:
While i was listening to Saban's press conference i noticed how he mentioned players playing multiple positions and getting to know other positions. I know that alot of stupid suggestions were made about moving people to play safety but i really think that Eddie Moore should get moved. Coming out of college he was projected by some to play SS but i think that if he were to be moved to safety he could play both positions if needed. I can't see Eddie Moore fitting in with what Saban is trying to do if he stays at the LB position... he is a smallish LB and doesnt have the typical LB size of the Lb's Saban is bringing in. He already moved Bua to S and i don't think its far fetched to see Moore or even like Pope get moved to safety.

You could be right, and if the Bua experiment doesn't work out..that may be an option. If Bua responds well and plays decently during camp...I see Moore having a tough time making this team. I do believe, however, that Moore might be a little faster than Bua, but could be wrong. If so, he would have an easier time with the adjustment. Nothing is out of the question with Saban....

LarryFinFan said:
You could be right, and if the Bua experiment doesn't work out..that may be an option. If Bua responds well and plays decently during camp...I see Moore having a tough time making this team. I do believe, however, that Moore might be a little faster than Bua, but could be wrong. If so, he would have an easier time with the adjustment. Nothing is out of the question with Saban....

Moore is a lock to make this team. There is no way, he is not making the team. Who else do we have? Seau is over the hill, and with Saban liking younger players, he might get cut, but a young player with speed like Moore is here for sure. Who else is gonna play there, Jenkins? Crowder is an inside guy who is here to replace Zack in a few years. JMO but I see Moore as a virtual lock, just b/c of the position he plays. Switching over to a 4-3/3-4 will mean we will need LBs who can play both.

TARHEEL38 said:
Moore is a lock to make this team. There is no way, he is not making the team. Who else do we have? Seau is over the hill, and with Saban liking younger players, he might get cut, but a young player with speed like Moore is here for sure. Who else is gonna play there, Jenkins? Crowder is an inside guy who is here to replace Zack in a few years. JMO but I see Moore as a virtual lock, just b/c of the position he plays. Switching over to a 4-3/3-4 will mean we will need LBs who can play both.

Seau get cut? No way. He'll play the season (with us) then probably retire.

TARHEEL38 said:
Jenkins, Pope, Moore, Crowder, Spragan, Thomas, Seau.
I know a few of those aren't "saban guys" but you work with what you have.

I'm not a huge fan of transitional LB's to safety. IMO, the changing safety position needs more variant and diversity to the sole factor of "hard hitting action".

Michael Boulware is someone who I thought would make an excellent NFL LB but he got shifted and had some trouble with depth coverage. I'm not sure Bua will be able to make rock-cutting coverage plays either. Moore? Perhaps he can play a swallow role but IMO a Sean Taylor, John Lynch, Brian Dawkins player is an ideal safety because they are able to make hits but more importantly, play that damn coverage.

popularwar said:

Exactly. It's a work in progress, but you go with what you have until you can obtain who you need!

popularwar said:

Just a Question. Didn't Saban bring in a linebacker named Turner from LSU?

popularwar said:

Yeah, I keep forgetting about Spragan, I am interested to see what he brings to the table. As for Pope, and Jenkins, I really wonder if they are starting caliber LBs in the NFL. And Seau is in his last year, if he still makes it this year.
I think if Moore stays healthy he will see the field quite a bit this year.

If Moore is really 237, I don't see anything wrong with that. A smallish LB would be Someone like Ian Gold at 223.

Anthony3454 said:
If Moore is really 237, I don't see anything wrong with that. A smallish LB would be Someone like Ian Gold at 223.

Saban does not care about weight. he means small in terms of height. We have some very short LBs. Everybody that Saban has picked up or looked at has been 6'2 or taller. Moore is only 6', and Pope is 5'11". When he says he wants bigger LBs, he's talking about tall guys to block the passing lanes and such, it doesn't have to do with weight

HysterikiLL said:
I'm not a huge fan of transitional LB's to safety. IMO, the changing safety position needs more variant and diversity to the sole factor of "hard hitting action".

Michael Boulware is someone who I thought would make an excellent NFL LB but he got shifted and had some trouble with depth coverage. I'm not sure Bua will be able to make rock-cutting coverage plays either. Moore? Perhaps he can play a swallow role but IMO a Sean Taylor, John Lynch, Brian Dawkins player is an ideal safety because they are able to make hits but more importantly, play that damn coverage.

not saying Moore is great at coverage, but one of the main reasons he was drafted is because he was considered the best cover linebacker in the draft.

Dudeman said:
Saban does not care about weight. he means small in terms of height. We have some very short LBs. Everybody that Saban has picked up or looked at has been 6'2 or taller. Moore is only 6', and Pope is 5'11". When he says he wants bigger LBs, he's talking about tall guys to block the passing lanes and such, it doesn't have to do with weight

I tend to disagree with you. Just because there seems to be a pattern of Saban bringing in taller guys doesnt mean that at all. It could just be a coincidence. So is someone is 6'2 and Moore is only 6'0 but has a larger wing spand, whats really the difference when it comes to knocking passes down???? Saban is looking for a number of different things in players, I doubt height is up there before weight, well at least with LB's. For a 3-4, which I think we will see a bit of this year, you need heavier LB's to take on the blocks of the OG's, honestly height has very little to do with LB's, at least when we are talking about players that are 6'0 and over or so.

They did bring in a guy named Lionel Turner from LSU who is a big hitter but is real slow. The reports I read on him were he was instinctive and could play but it was just that he was slow.

Back
Top Bottom