Seth McKinney in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seth McKinney in Miami

Brown is better than Johnson. I am thinking though that there is something that we don't know about Brown and Metcalf that the coaches do. Many people expected them to be be round 2 maybe even round 1 material. Maybe they failed a drug test recently or something. But I like McKinney just because he can play guard or center. We could use help at both. I wonder if he will start next year.

Maybe, we start McKinney at right guard and have Searcy go back and play left tackle. Isn't that where he used to play? Then our line would be alright.

and our OL can use someone who plays every game:
Tough, durable athlete who started 50-consecutive games (including bowl game) during his time with the Aggies …
Seth McKinney

I would have still liked Metcalf, but what I do I know

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Maybe, we start McKinney at right guard and have Searcy go back and play left tackle. Isn't that where he used to play? Then our line would be alright.
AFAIK Searcy played RT

Seems to me like we're going to find out what Wanny expects to do with McKinney. I mean, he's obviously not going to be able to compete for C with Tim Ruddy THIS YEAR. Who knows what will happen.

I thought we would have taken Metcalf or Alex Brown. I think the coaches know something about these two that we don't, for sure.

Maybe one of them will fall to us in the fourth (Wouldn't that be something)?

I wanted Metcalf too, McKinney can also play guard and will do a good job. He will be a solid backup and can learn from veterans Mark Dixon and Leon Searcy and he will be good insurance when one of them gets injured.

Well, remember, we tried to sign a center this off-season so obviously the coaching staff isn't very high on Ruddy, the job might be open come pre-season. And, Ruddy is getting old and gets hurt often.

Has Wade ever player LT? I really think we need to get Searcy to the tackle position so McKinney can play guard.

not positive for a 3rd rounder: Summary: A very good player who gets the most out of his talent but has some size and ability limitations. Will need some help with big nose tackles but has the potential to play in the NFL. However, like his brother, probably will not be a first-day pick and is not quite as athletic or powerful as his brother is.

TSN's Draft Guide said this about McKinney, "Might be the most polished offensive lineman in the draft..."

Originally posted by Blitz
TSN's Draft Guide said this about McKinney, "Might be the most polished offensive lineman in the draft..."
he sounds like a almost 23 year old Tim Ruddy :rolleyes: :confused:

Smart guy: Graduated with a degree in Management Information Systems and is presently working on his master’s degree…

Back
Top Bottom