Seth McKinney Now Starting LG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seth McKinney Now Starting LG

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
McKINNEY GETS JOB

An impressive performance earned Seth McKinney the starting left-guard job for now despite two false-start penalties Sunday night against Washington.

''Seth McKinney probably played the best of the [offensive linemen],'' coach Dave Wannstedt said. ``I was real encouraged. The penalties are a thing where he is overly aggressive and he's constantly trying to get after somebody. He has to keep himself under control.''

McKinney started in place of Jamie Nails, who returned to practice Monday after missing practice and Sunday's game with a sprained left ankle.

LINK

still rather see Nails back healthy and Ruddy replaced by McKinney

Originally posted by Muck

''Seth McKinney probably played the best of the [offensive linemen],'' coach Dave Wannstedt said. ``I was real encouraged. The penalties are a thing where he is overly aggressive and he's constantly trying to get after somebody. He has to keep himself under control.

Very encouraging!!!:D

While you never want penalties, in this case I'm happy to see it.

A young guy getting a couple penalties because he's working his butt off to play Smash mouth, aggressive football and get after people...... I can accept that and see it as a positive sign.

The Dolphins need more guys like him.
Hopefully the young guys on this line will mature fast enough for the playoffs this year.

If not, it is encouraging to see Mckinney and apparently Yates are players that will come to the ball park to "lay the wood" on defenses in the future!

i think this is a good move.

IMO nails is a great G, but last seasons injury has made him put on weight. he gained 75 pounds, then lost 50. he still needs to drop that extra 25 pounds to get back to his level. i thnk we'll sign him to a small deal and get a steal because of this season.

Good to hear McKinney is starting..he deserves the start, but I hope Nails can recover and come back next year in form from last year.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
i think this is a good move.

IMO nails is a great G, but last seasons injury has made him put on weight. he gained 75 pounds, then lost 50. he still needs to drop that extra 25 pounds to get back to his level. i thnk we'll sign him to a small deal and get a steal because of this season.

Are you sure there was that much of a weight change.....twice???? You would think he went into a serious depression and ate McDonalds everyday, and then tried anorexia.....

I think you might be wrong here, I doubt he could gain/lost that much in less than a year.

Originally posted by muddaconch

Are you sure there was that much of a weight change.....twice???? You would think he went into a serious depression and ate McDonalds everyday, and then tried anorexia.....

I think you might be wrong here, I doubt he could gain/lost that much in less than a year.

he's a 330 pound lineman, who couldn't move...

it's pretty easy to gain weight. from what i understand he was tippng 400 (about 75 pounds).

it's not that hard to lose weight when you have the ability to work out and move. but the only thing the guy can do is sit around. it's not like he cut his meals in half.

The other good thing about this is it gives McKinney some front-row seats for Tim Ruddy line-calling... the weakest part the kid's game, right now. Perhaps he can learn something and become a legitimate center for the long haul.

I hope we leave McKinney at LG for his career in Miami. Draft Jake Grove in the third round to be our C. He does not get pushed around like Ruddy does. At RG have Whitley, Yates, and Nails if we re-sign him for cheap compete for a spot.

Sign my favorite OL player John Tait.

Back
Top Bottom