Setting Realistic Expectations For Miami Dolphins’ Josh Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Setting Realistic Expectations For Miami Dolphins’ Josh Rosen

I think they are all in on Rosen. Cheap or not, the deal doesn’t make sense unless they think he can be the franchise. I expect a 2 to 3 year run as starter before giving up on him.

Disagree. Miami acquired a range of outcomes in Rosen at a relatively low price. If he hits big, great. If he doesn't hit big, you don't bypass QB because you invested a late 2nd and a 5th. The great thing about the Rosen acquisition is the cost, given that he has enough talent to have a chance. It's not about Rosen being a can't-miss QB or even having a particularly good chance of being a high-end starter. The potential payoff if he does happen to hit makes it more than worth the gamble; however, if you tie yourself to him for 2-3 years just because you acquired him, you're doing it wrong and minimizing the benefits of the trade.

i'll just go with what i see...our roster sucks so w/l record isn't going to be significant to me.

more concerned about how he looks - on time - prepared - accurate - smart decisions, etc

obviously i want to see a trending up PPG - i want to see him lead our offense

there was a certain stagnation...a slowwww and passive way our offense seemed to run with tannehill under center...it was either perfectly flowing or completely nonexistant

I'll take it game by game and look forward to seeing what we have in Rosen...and yes I expect him to be starting week 1
I agree.

In this case, W/L record is not, necessarily a great indication of Rosens ability. There are a lot of variables.

We could win 8 games because of a surprisingly good defense, holding opponents to low scores. Conversely, we could win 8 in "shootouts", with Rosen carrying the team on his back.

I realize niether of those things are likely, but the point is they are totally different scenarios.

Likewise, stats alone may not be the ultimate measure.

More than anything, for me, Josh has to pass the "eye test".

If Rosen can't beat Fitzpatrick out at some point in the season, there's your assessment. He has to earn it. Either he's good enough to do it or he isn't.

Pretty high expectations. 4K yards and 30/35 tds under 13 ints. The time of accepting a player is “improving” and settling for average is over. Either he dominates or we still draft a qb next year in the 1st and best man wins. Our offense still still has the potential to be one of the most explosive in the league with all our speed that if you’re making the right read most of the time, my goals aren’t anything crazy. Even if he does put those numbers up I don’t see our defense letting less than 25 ppg and we still get a top 10 pick, should still be in position for Fromm and Herbert, who might be better than Tua as a pro once the hype settles.

Realistically, he'll lead the team to a 16-0 record and Super Bowl victory throw 65 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions (both of which were the receiver's fault) and 7,000 yards passing.

Very doable.

Back
Top Bottom