Setting Reasonable Expectations for the Top Rookie Quarterbacks in 2020 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Setting Reasonable Expectations for the Top Rookie Quarterbacks in 2020

I remain steadfast in my belief that it should all depend on the offensive line.

I do not bring Tua in with porous pass protection and no ability to run the ball.

If a certain PB CB can take extra time to heal, I have zero issues letting a young rookie QB to do the same.

I have no issue waiting until after the bye for Tua. It's not as though the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl this year, or there's a window closing on the team. The window is just starting to crack open, not closed.

He’s a decent back up at best. Guy has 1 winning season in 15 years and now you think at 38 yo he’s going to lead a team to the playoffs? Good luck
I never said he was going to lead the team, I said he’s going to get the opportunity to lead THIS team..big difference..I do think he has improved his game this late.

If he won 5 games then it wasn't the worst cast in the game. Fitzpatrick has done nothing to warrant this optimism he receives around here other than being disgustingly average.
cant have it both ways, everyone knows that roster was the worst in football, he won five games with it..

Assuming he has no physical setbacks and they trust he is fully fit I would think he would get his chance when they fully trust the OL to protect him AND Fitzpatrick has taken the team as far as he can, meaning out of playoff contention.

If Fitz has then in the playoff hunt he will keep playing.

Of course he could get hurt as well, which could open the door for Rosen to get a shot if the team is not ready to put Tua behind that OL.

if it was me I would be overly cautious and patient with Tua.

I will be happy if he gets 1or 2 starts late in the season. I don’t want him playing until we see how the offensive line develops and he has had at least one year to recover from his hip injury.
To me it is all about the 2021 season and making sure he is ready to take over the offense for the long term.
I would like too see Tua play more than 2 games because dolphins ain't k.c. who went 13-3. When mohome was on bench.. I think it important for Tua to adjust to pro spd of game and get used getting hit again this yr. I am not that much worried about oline because they learn how block for him as yr ago on..tua succeed well be harder in nfl,than mohomes because of team different talent level and coaches..we will just have wait see how it pan out...

I'm expecting Tua to throw for over 5,000 yards, 50+ tds and take us to the Super Bow in his rookie season....no pressure Tua!

Completely unrealistic! Everybody knows there probably won't be a Super Bowl this year.

If he won 5 games then it wasn't the worst cast in the game. Fitzpatrick has done nothing to warrant this optimism he receives around here other than being disgustingly average.

Fitz is immensely average overall, but he played behind an historically bad offensive line in a way that Manning, Brady, or nearly any QB in the league used to having time to throw on an average dropback never could do. History has shown that Fitz is a choke artist who plays his best when the pressure is off and rarely delivers two good seasons alone, but if you think there's more than a handful of QB's in the league who could have played the way he did under the circumstances he did last year, you're wrong.

What you have to get too is that I kind of hate Fitz for it. I wanted Rosen to get more of a shot than he did. I wanted Rosen to start at the beginning of the year, when he had shown a lot and had some momentum in preseason whereas Fitz had to play three quarters in week three PS before he threw an accurate pass. It will never sit right with me that Rosen didn't get more of a fair chance to prove himself with us since I like his passing potential and know he didn't have the right circumstances to develop it last year. So I'd like to be able to tell you that Fitz played entirely garbage football last year, but he didn't. He single-handedly carried this team with no offensive line and no running game and led an aerial assault that allowed us to beat playoff teams.

Let's give credit where credit is due while also understanding that few QB's, especially young ones, could step in and play under those circumstances. Let's make sure we are better prepared for a young QB before we throw another one (who is fragile at that) to the wolves.

Back
Top Bottom