Setting Reasonable Expectations for the Top Rookie Quarterbacks in 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Setting Reasonable Expectations for the Top Rookie Quarterbacks in 2020

To not get anywhere near the playoffs.
Last year I watched a qb win 5 games with the worst Surrounding roster in the game..

I love Tua as much as anyone, but I think Flores will give Fitz his time to lead this particular team, no matter how good Tua looks in practice, and I am and have been a proponent for that strategy, call me crazy.:)

Week 11 seems a little late to me, but much of it will depend on how RF plays

Agree. Given limited practices and no PS games, I can't see Flo letting TT start game one. Thus, RF starts and continues to start *IF* he is playing well, the team has confidence in him, and Miami is winning AND/OR playing good teams close. I do expect Flo to want TT in and fans will see him this season. Predicting when is EXTREMELY difficult.

I'm fine being unrealistic to some of you. I think he starts by game 4 throws 3000 yds in his 12 RS games with 20 tds and 4 ints. I haven't yet decided how he will do in the playoffs this year...

I'm fine being unrealistic to some of you. I think he starts by game 4 throws 3000 yds in his 12 RS games with 20 tds and 4 ints. I haven't yet decided how he will do in the playoffs this year...

I don't think many disagree. It depends on how RF does. If fans see Fitztragic, TT MAY start early. I say "MAY" because, if Miami starts o-4 or 0-5, Flo may decide to give Rosen a couple of games, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Several variables at play. Fitz health and how well he plays, the effectiveness of the OL and how well Tua grasps the offense.

I don’t live in the past, last two years that player has been playing well enough.
He’s a decent back up at best. Guy has 1 winning season in 15 years and now you think at 38 yo he’s going to lead a team to the playoffs? Good luck

In your opinion that Tua starts day one. Wrong.
It’s not my opinion. I don’t think you understood what I wrote. I was referring to the a post saying Tua will start when fitz is ineffective and can no longer take our team to the playoffs. So I joked that in that case Tua would start wk 1

Barring injury I think he sits until Fitz cannot be an effective qb leading a team to the playoffs, I would take the under on any betting scenario that has to do with playing time or stats for Tua.
Well in Fitzpatricks 15 year career he has only led his team to a winning season once and he has never made the playoffs sooooo.... I dont think it unreasonable to assume before he throws a pass in 2020 that he isnt effective in leading a team to the playoffs.

I will be happy if he gets 1or 2 starts late in the season. I don’t want him playing until we see how the offensive line develops and he has had at least one year to recover from his hip injury.
To me it is all about the 2021 season and making sure he is ready to take over the offense for the long term.

Last year I watched a qb win 5 games with the worst Surrounding roster in the game..

I love Tua as much as anyone, but I think Flores will give Fitz his time to lead this particular team, no matter how good Tua looks in practice, and I am and have been a proponent for that strategy, call me crazy.:)

If he won 5 games then it wasn't the worst cast in the game. Fitzpatrick has done nothing to warrant this optimism he receives around here other than being disgustingly average.

I will be happy if he gets 1or 2 starts late in the season. I don’t want him playing until we see how the offensive line develops and he has had at least one year to recover from his hip injury.
To me it is all about the 2021 season and making sure he is ready to take over the offense for the long term.
So you want to watch another boring season like last years? Sorry but if he’s healthy I want to see him out there

If he won 5 games then it wasn't the worst cast in the game. Fitzpatrick has done nothing to warrant this optimism he receives around here other than being disgustingly average.
Pretty much. I appreciate the lift he gave us last year. It was fun at the end. The issue is that this guy convinces people he is something he is not every time he plays like this. He is 38 and his career always moves in a circular pattern. Always ending up on the bench or another team. We should just appreciate what he. Brings but understand that our new qb will be taking over sooner, not later. No sense in keeping your franchise in neutral so Fitz can have a last ride

He sure did think and do differently last year.

Back
Top Bottom