Sewell and Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sewell and Jackson

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Assuming we dont trade for Watson AND we don’t trade down, Mia will select Sewell. Based on the prior assumption, does Sewell play right tackle for Tua, his blindside?

If we select Sewell then sure, play him at RT...of course some people want to move Jackson to RT which is dumb because if you draft Sewell to replace Jackson it'd mean you don't think Jackson's good enough to play LT but yet you think he's good enough to play RT and protect Tua's blind side. Either way, I don't think we'll draft Sewell.

I would like to see them draft Sewell and play him at RT because that is Tua’s blindside. I do believe that building the offensive line should be the priority because it is still a major issue for this team.

While my pick would be Sewell at 3 if he is available. It won’t surprise me if they trade down and then pick a WR with their first pick in the draft. Hopefully they will draft at least one starting caliber offensive lineman in the first two rounds and sign Linsley or Andrews to be their starting center next year.

Assuming we dont trade for Watson AND we don’t trade down, Mia will select Sewell. Based on the prior assumption, does Sewell play right tackle for Tua, his blindside?
Honestly, I don't think it ultimately matters. Both could play either side at a high level.

Logic dictates that decision would be made only after they get to camp, and the coaches have a chance to see exactly what they are working with.

I don't put the chances of them actually using the #3 pick as likely though.

Trade down is where the smart money is.

Wasn't Jackson a RT in college? Putting Sewell at LT would be a more natural fit for Jackson right?

Why stop at Sewell..

Let's draft another 3 linemen, also sign a gaurd in free agency again.

We could have a full team of nothing but offensive linemen, because that will put us over the hump.

And when Sewell and these 2020 picks dont utterly dominate games, we can use our first 3 picks again in 2022 on more linemen.

Why stop at Sewell..

We could have a full team of nothing but offensive linemen, because that will put us over the hump.

And when Sewell and these 2020 picks dont utterly dominate games, we can use our first 3 picks again in 2022 on more linemen.
Well that seems a little extreme. No sense going overboard. Sewell add would be enough for the time being.

Todd McShea does have us taking a USC gaurd @18 though, so maybe you are on to something.

Why stop at Sewell..

They will not happy until we stack the whole line with top ten picks.

Why stop at Sewell..

🤣🤣🤣

Well that seems a little extreme. No sense going overboard. Sewell add would be enough for the time being.

Todd McShea does have us taking a USC gaurd @18 though, so maybe you are on to something.
I think he was just being sarcastic.

I feel like we drafted Hunt to play RT. Even if I believe he has more upside at RG, I’m not so sure our staff is ready to make that move. I think it would be a mistake to count on all 3 of our OL picks last year to work out. However, I think the interior is our biggest issue right now. Will be interesting to see if we target Linsley or Thuney, who would both fill a massive need.

Back
Top Bottom