Sewell and Jackson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sewell and Jackson

Honestly Sewell is a stud prospect. Had we not drafted Hunt and Jackson last year I would be more interested.

If we end up taking Sewell at #3 it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Its not what I would do, a pick this high, #3 overall should be traded to a team that will use it on a QB. Someone like the Texans sounds perfect!

Honestly Sewell is a stud prospect. Had we not drafted Hunt and Jackson last year I would be more interested.

If we end up taking Sewell at #3 it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Its not what I would do, a pick this high, #3 overall should be traded to a team that will use it on a QB. Someone like the Texans sounds perfect!
We have all their picks now. No dice.

Andy, what price would you pay for Watson?

If we got Watson for

Tua
Howard

Would you take that deal?
I don't want Watson. We have our QB.

You know they want a ton more than that regardless of their position.

Last edited:

Very reasonable position.

I have to wonder if the Houston fans might show up at the owners castle with pitchforks and torches should they be swindled by Grier for a second time though.

If you are implying some convoluted scheme to get Watson for a song, please take it up in the Watson rhetoric thread, rather than contaminate this one.

I'll start it back in the right direction.

I think the offensive line needs a dominant Center more than Sewell. We need push up the middle to run the ball a little bit more. Kindley is a huge dude and if we put another monster next to him at Center we would be able to run to his side all game long. I also think Hunt will turn into a good run blocker as well.

Centers i like

Quinn Meinerz - 6'3 320 a small school beast that we should target in the 3rd or 4th round. Just a nasty linemen, plays mean and explosive. He blew away coaches at the Senior bowl.

Landon Dickerson 6'6" 330 from Alabama. Enough said

Many of you in here need to understand a few facts about lefty, and right qb's. Left Tackles, and Right Tackles. In reality there isn't a lot of differences now a days when we talk about both positions. If anything, most elite rushers line up on the right hand side. Can you guys name a few? Yes you can if you do some research, and the list is pretty long. Pass rushers that line up on the right hand side happen to actually be closer to the ball, but that is with a right handed qb. Someone rushing from the left hand side will actually be closer to the ball when rushing against a lefty qb.

Either how, the Dolphins did not move our line around when Tua came in. If the Dolphins feel like they need to review 2020 closer, then they might make additional changes. Bottom line is that based on the strength and weaknesses of the line then is better suited to move Jackson to the right, and move Hunt to right guard. Based on offensive line ratings Hunt was our best run blocker, and did pretty good on pass protection too. Then bringing in Lindsey would be a dream because he's one of the best interior lineman in the league, and top ranked center. He ranks pretty well on run blocking, and also pass protection. This instantly gives up better interior protection, and better interior run blocking. Then when we move to the left side of the line we have Sewell. Sewell's biggest strength is run blocking. And he also does very well on pass protection as well. Since I am preaching balance here, Flowers strength is pass protection, but compared to the rest of the group, but his run blocking was very lacking.

Defensive coordinators attack the weakest areas of the line, and by having our line balanced that would actually make it hard for defensive coordinators to target weaknesses.

Also, we can always breakdown where our sacks came from in 2020

1. We gave up one sack that game, and it was Austin Jackson.
2. We have up two sacks against the bills
a) Interior sack from DT, and a SS blitz from the right side.
3. We gave up 1 sack against the Jaguars. Austin Jackson gave that one up.
4. Seahawks game we gave up a sack, and it was from our interior.
5. 49rs we gave up a sack fro the interior, and another linebacker blitz sack.
6. Jets game irrelevant
7. We gave up a sack against Aaron Donald, sack coming from interior. He's a monster though lol.
8. Against cardinals we gave up sack from the left outside, and left inside.
9. chargers didn't sack us
10. 2 sacks from the left hand side, an 2 from the inside in the broncos game.

I am not going to go on, but that was pretty much a breakdown of everything. And we are talking about Sacks only, not QB hurries. In reality, pressuring a qb allows the defense to set the tone, instead of the offense setting the tone and getting their way. Teams have to watch tape of games, and they build game plans around the weaknesses that were targeted in the last few games.

Last edited:
Many of you in here need to understand a few facts about lefty, and right qb's. Left Tackles, and Right Tackles. In reality there isn't a lot of differences now a days when we talk about both positions. If anything, most elite rushers line up on the right hand side. Can you guys name a few? Yes you can if you do some research, and the list is pretty long. Pass rushers that line up on the right hand side happen to actually be closer to the ball, but that is with a right handed qb. Someone rushing from the left hand side will actually be closer to the ball when rushing against a lefty qb.

Either how, the Dolphins did not move our line around when Tua came in. If the Dolphins feel like they need to review 2020 closer, then they might make additional changes. Bottom line is that based on the strength and weaknesses of the line then is better suited to move Jackson to the right, and move Hunt to right guard. Based on offensive line ratings Hunt was our best run blocker, and did pretty good on pass protection too. Then bringing in Lindsey would be a dream because he's one of the best interior lineman in the league, and top ranked center. He ranks pretty well on run blocking, and also pass protection. This instantly gives up better interior protection, and better interior run blocking. Then when we move to the left side of the line we have Sewell. Sewell's biggest strength is run blocking. And he also does very well on pass protection as well. Since I am preaching balance here, Flowers was one of our better pass protecting lineman last season, but his run blocking was very average. Defensive coordinators attack the weakest areas of the line, and by having our line balanced that would actually make it hard for defensive coordinators to target weaknesses.

Also, we can always breakdown where our sacks came from in 2020

1. We gave up one sack that game, and it was Austin Jackson.
2. We have up two sacks against the bills
a) Interior sack from DT, and a SS blitz from the right side.
3. We gave up 1 sack against the Jaguars. Austin Jackson gave that one up.
4. Seahawks game we gave up a sack, and it was from our interior.
5. 49rs we gave up a sack fro the interior, and another linebacker blitz sack.
6. Jets game irrelevant
7. We gave up a sack against Aaron Donald, sack coming from interior. He's a monster though lol.
8. Against cardinals we gave up sack from the left outside, and left inside.
9. chargers didn't sack us
10. 2 sacks from the left hand side, an 2 from the inside in the broncos game.

I am not going to go on, but that was pretty much a breakdown of everything. And we are talking about Sacks only, not QB hurries. In reality, pressuring a qb allows the defense to set the tone, instead of the offense setting the tone and getting their way. Teams have to watch tape of games, and they build game plans around the weaknesses that were targeted in the last few games.
So you want to add the soon-to-be highest paid center in the NFL in Corey Linsley and draft Sewell?

Well that should fix our line. Its gonna wreak havok on our cap in a couple years. Not to mention we won't be able to sign or draft a #1 WR, bc we just wasted both chances at this by doubling down on linemen after drafting 3 and signing 1 last year. But hey, we should be happy with the line at least... forget about getting weapons for our Qb or getting pass rushers to help our defense.

Offensive line is important but there has to be a limit to the resources used on the line. Your talking, 10 mill a year for Flowers, 15 mil for Linsley, 2 1st round picks, a 2nd rd pick and a 4th round pick in 12 months all on the offensive line.

So you want to add the soon-to-be highest paid center in the NFL in Corey Linsley and draft Sewell?

Well that should fix our line. Its gonna wreak havok on our cap in a couple years. Not to mention we won't be able to sign or draft a #1 WR, bc we just wasted both chances at this by doubling down on linemen after drafting 3 and signing 1 last year. But hey, we should be happy with the line at least... forget about getting weapons for our Qb or getting pass rushers to help our defense.

Offensive line is important but there has to be a limit to the resources used on the line. Your talking, 10 mill a year for Flowers, 15 mil for Linsley, 2 1st round picks, a 2nd rd pick and a 4th round pick in 12 months all on the offensive line.
Terrance Marshall should be a WR1 in the NFL... as should Bateman and several others.

Guys don't have to come from Alabama or Clemson to be draft-worthy.

Flowers will be gone after this year... and none of our rookies will need paid before it's time to let Linsley go... sequencing.

Terrance Marshall should be a WR1 in the NFL... as should Bateman and several others.

Flowers will be gone after this year... and none of our rookies will need paid before it's time to let Linsley go... sequencing.
Its still too much for me. I can be swayed that we need Sewell or Linsley,but not both. We can get a good Center in the draft. We can also draft another linemen later in the draft. We need quality depth on the online, we can do that without wasting the #3 pick or hurting our cap on the highest paid Center in the league.

And Bateman will never be a #1 hes too slow

Back
Top Bottom