Sewell and Jackson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sewell and Jackson

Assuming that we sign Linsley and draft Sewell... (unlikely, but let's game this out).

Jackson has 4 more years under our control, as do Hunt and Kinsley. Linsley would likely sign a contract for no more than 4 years (no matter how many fake years were at the end of the actual contract), so he's retiring as the others come due. That problem solved.

As far as Hunt/Kindley go, or Jackson/Sewell... it would probably be a situation where we signed one...and let the other walk... just as teams always do. Indeed, if instead of two tackles and two guards, if we had one of each, a RB, and a WR... we'd likely still let two of them walk.

This whole... you're gonna have a cap problem is just not an issue... it's almost laughable how little sense this argument makes. Even if all four of them became pro-bowlers... (we would have enjoyed those Super Bowls) the keep/let walk ratio in the NFL is at-best 50%, and smart teams (like the Patriots) have always let their good, but not great players walk. The dumbest thing you can do is try to keep them all. That's what the Saints did... and you can see how that worked out.

...and as far as Bateman's speed...

Minnesota wide receiver Rashod Bateman is a player who would project as a potential replacement for Allen Robinson if the Bears lost their veteran standout in free agency. According to Josh Edwards of CBS Sports, Bateman ran a laser-timed 4.39-second 40-yard dash at the EXOS combine.

...and as far as Bateman's speed...

Minnesota wide receiver Rashod Bateman is a player who would project as a potential replacement for Allen Robinson if the Bears lost their veteran standout in free agency. According to Josh Edwards of CBS Sports, Bateman ran a laser-timed 4.39-second 40-yard dash at the EXOS combine.
Lol

Yeah Bateman is too slow, but Smith is fine at 4.5+.

This team needs a burner, whether it's from the slot, or wide, to keep safeties from creeping up.

Grant is fast, but his route running and leverage recognition keeps him from taking advantage, even when he happens to get off the line clean.

Everyone wants to cut Wilson, and I agree he likely isn't part of the long term plan, but he is immensely more skilled as a reciever than Grant.

Bateman might have ran a fast 40 but watch his tape. He gets caught by linebackers, i dont have him projected as a #1 wr.

Lol

Yeah Bateman is too slow, but Smith is fine at 4.5+.

This team needs a burner, whether it's from the slot, or wide, to keep safeties from creeping up.

Grant is fast, but his route running and leverage recognition keeps him from taking advantage, even when he happens to get off the line clean.

Everyone wants to cut Wilson, and I agree he likely isn't part of the long term plan, but he is immensely more skilled as a reciever than Grant.

He's prob going to get cut. We need a solid number 1 in this team. Parker is fine as a number 2. We need someone in the slot but we cant have everything. Terrence Newman Jr is what we should get with our 36 pick if be is there. Toney would be a great slot receiver too.

Grant is very linear. When that happens you get a return man, nothing more.

Why stop at Sewell..

Let's draft another 3 linemen, also sign a gaurd in free agency again.

We could have a full team of nothing but offensive linemen, because that will put us over the hump.

And when Sewell and these 2020 picks dont utterly dominate games, we can use our first 3 picks again in 2022 on more linemen.

Or after we drafted Tua who is undersized we can draft 165lb Devonta Smith at 3 and then come back at 18 and draft 5’11 Jalen Waddle.....then after that we can draft my grandma at 5’6 in the 7th. Let’s field the smallest team in the league. It’s a decent strategy. If we are too small for them to hit us it could work.

Bateman might have ran a fast 40 but watch his tape. He gets caught by linebackers, i dont have him projected as a #1 wr.
Hey Mach... you hear that? Bateman has imaginary speed.

Attachments

• 44c.jpg
    44c.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1
Not a damn thing wrong with Batemans speed. He has good speed, not great/elite but very good. He has even better burst which is what matters the most for a WR. To say he is too slow is total BS garbage. Watch more tape.

Very few elite receivers have elite speed, and a lot of busts result from GMs chasing elite athletes. Bateman is at least as fast if not faster than D Hopkins, D Adams, A Robinson, K Allen and M Thomas. I don't think it's that that will decide his success in the NFL.

It will probably come down to his route running, hands and body control. I grant you his hips look on the stiff side at times. I might be a bit biased but I think the things he does well translate to the NFL.

Sorry I realise this isn't a Bateman thread.

FWIW I think we are needing 2 Olinemen this off season and there are a couple of good options. Sewell and Linsley would be the best but I'd be happy with Andrews and Jenkins which would require less capital.

Sewell and Bateman is my hope if we don’t trade down. If we do trade down I’m hoping for Waddle and Micah Parsons (if Parsons is gone then Jaelen Phillips). But I think regarding who plays LT/RT it’s gonna come down to preference and whose more comfortable in each spot. My gut tells me leave AJ at LT cause he has a year of experience there. And let Penei play RT since we have to teach him our Scheme and techniques anyway, and he’s the more physically gifted player and for us that’s the note important position

Sewell and Bateman is my hope if we don’t trade down. If we do trade down I’m hoping for Waddle and Micah Parsons (if Parsons is gone then Jaelen Phillips). But I think regarding who plays LT/RT it’s gonna come down to preference and whose more comfortable in each spot. My gut tells me leave AJ at LT cause he has a year of experience there. And let Penei play RT since we have to teach him our Scheme and techniques anyway, and he’s the more physically gifted player and for us that’s the note important position
I've said this before, and I'm sorry if it was to you... but Jaelen Phillips is probably the single biggest bust risk in this entire draft.

His career in Los Angeles was marred by injury; severe wrist damage as a result of a moped accident, sprains of both ankles, and three separate concussions, the last of which forced him to medically retire from football.

I know he's really good... but concussions... a bunch of them... that stuff is incredibly dangerous both to his health and to the chances of him having a lengthy career. Guys who get concussions almost never stop... even with extra expensive helmets and special training regimens.

I wouldn't touch this guy... at all, especially in the first round. He probably should retire before he ends up as a CTE suicide.

Back
Top Bottom