Sewell and Jackson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sewell and Jackson

I feel like we drafted Hunt to play RT. Even if I believe he has more upside at RG, I’m not so sure our staff is ready to make that move. I think it would be a mistake to count on all 3 of our OL picks last year to work out. However, I think the interior is our biggest issue right now. Will be interesting to see if we target Linsley or Thuney, who would both fill a massive need.
Arguably by the end of the season Hunt was our best offensive lineman. I expect they are happy with Hunt at RT.

I've said this before, and I'm sorry if it was to you... but Jaelen Phillips is probably the single biggest bust risk in this entire draft.

His career in Los Angeles was marred by injury; severe wrist damage as a result of a moped accident, sprains of both ankles, and three separate concussions, the last of which forced him to medically retire from football.

I know he's really good... but concussions... a bunch of them... that stuff is incredibly dangerous both to his health and to the chances of him having a lengthy career. Guys who get concussions almost never stop... even with extra expensive helmets and special training regimens.

I wouldn't touch this guy... at all, especially in the first round. He probably should retire before he ends up as a CTE suicide.
*giggling* Moped accident! LoL

Arguably by the end of the season Hunt was our best offensive lineman. I expect they are happy with Hunt at RT.

I agree, but Hunt could be a high-end RG, with Tackle flexibility. Depending on who is available where, I'd be open to upgrading the OL by drafting a RT and kicking Hunt inside to RG. I think it could go either way. I don't think you need to force it, because Hunt played relatively well at RT, but if you can upgrade two positions at once, that's appealing.

I've said this before, and I'm sorry if it was to you... but Jaelen Phillips is probably the single biggest bust risk in this entire draft.

His career in Los Angeles was marred by injury; severe wrist damage as a result of a moped accident, sprains of both ankles, and three separate concussions, the last of which forced him to medically retire from football.

I know he's really good... but concussions... a bunch of them... that stuff is incredibly dangerous both to his health and to the chances of him having a lengthy career. Guys who get concussions almost never stop... even with extra expensive helmets and special training regimens.

I wouldn't touch this guy... at all, especially in the first round. He probably should retire before he ends up as a CTE suicide.

It was 4 concussions in the end at which point the UCLA medical staff recommended he retire which he did. But the office job didn't do it for him. You can't blame him for wanting to play but the consequences of getting one too many are life destroying. I don't know how NFL teams will see it.

Flowers will be gone after this year... and none of our rookies will need paid before it's time to let Linsley go... sequencing.
Exactly my view on the OL. Enough money to sign someone, a starter

As much as I want Sewell, his selection by the NYJ guarantees us a man epic haul for pick 3.

In a perfect world the Falcons, Panthers and Broncos fall in love with Wilson and our phone won’t stop ringing.
In a perfect world, Yeah!! I hope so, but it's increasingly looking like Jets take Wilson, and Fields is falling back to Jones and Lance. Result is teams stand pat like us and SD last year, and let one of the qb's fall to them.

...and as far as Bateman's speed...

Minnesota wide receiver Rashod Bateman is a player who would project as a potential replacement for Allen Robinson if the Bears lost their veteran standout in free agency. According to Josh Edwards of CBS Sports, Bateman ran a laser-timed 4.39-second 40-yard dash at the EXOS combine.
Wow. He was thought of as 'slow'?!?

Yeah I’m torn on him, I know he’s got a pretty big injury history. But he’s the most physically gifted pass rusher in this years class. He’s definitely a boom or bust prospect though and I can understand not wanting to take that risk

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we take Sewell at 3. If he’s as good as they say we will have a pro bowl T for years to come and one of the corner stones of our offense.

wide receiver at #3? No thanks.

I would draft Sewell at #3, and Creed Humphrey in the 2nd round. Our OL is set for 10 years with Jackson, Flowers, Humphrey, Hunt, Sewell.

Najee Harris at the 1b. You can find quality receivers in the 3rd or 4th rounds, even runningbacks, but Najee is a bulldozer.

I agree, but Hunt could be a high-end RG, with Tackle flexibility. Depending on who is available where, I'd be open to upgrading the OL by drafting a RT and kicking Hunt inside to RG. I think it could go either way. I don't think you need to force it, because Hunt played relatively well at RT, but if you can upgrade two positions at once, that's appealing.
I just don't get the impression that the team feels this way. I think that a ton of fans had this view of Hunt as a G and that won't let go of it. The team has been adamant that they saw him as a RT when they drafted him and his performance this year didn't change that.

The absolute earliest I even consider oline is 2A. And that is only if Slater or Humphrey is there. And that's it. Give me weapons, weapons...weapons.

Back
Top Bottom