Shaq Lawson says "the best is yet to come" and hopes to be a double digit sack guy in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq Lawson says "the best is yet to come" and hopes to be a double digit sack guy in Miami

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Defensive line coach "Marion Hobby played a big part. He coached me three years at Clemson," Lawson said. "You got Christian Wilkins down there, a guy I played with and went to a national championship with. so a lot went into the decision, mainly being back with my college coach."

"I feel great about this year. We added a lot of great pieces on defense," Lawson said. "Putting all of those great players together on one team feels great. We have the chance to be special, but we're going to take it one day at a time."

Ahh that dreaded "special" word.

How bout just good?

Lawson doesnt have the NFL profile to start yelling out special.

Dude, let him yell it on out atop the mountain. Lord knows we need to see these moves pan out.

Goes without saying, it’s these early signings and draft picks that will build the firm and ample base for the future.

It would be great to have signed a superstar but I’d rather hope to be building a super unit.

He's a peice of the puzzle for sure. Adding him to set the edge is hopefully worlds better then last season. The fact that he wanted to come here is very telling about what's happening in Miami or it could be the money...Either way I'm happy joined our organization and am looking forward to seeing him reach his potential here in Miami.

Last edited:
I know Miami paid him very well, but it is nice to see players choose Miami because of the coach.
There are such good vibes about Flores and the job he's done with how little he had to work among the talking heads, gurus and around the league. Lawson is the kind of benefit we are now reaping for winning those "meaningless games" which may or may not take us out of the running for the high risk/high reward chronically injured QB.

Last edited:
I’m just glad they invested in some other guys to supplement his pass rush and didn’t just say “we are good” after this signing.

Dolphins had 23 sacks last year (worst in the NFL by 5 sacks) if they can somehow add 15 to that they move into the top 20.

Dolphins had 23 sacks last year (worst in the NFL by 5 sacks) if they can somehow add 15 to that they move into the top 20.

Yeah but some if not most of those guys that helped us get 23 sacks will get considerably less snaps than they did last year due to our free agent signings, even moreso depending who we draft.

He still doesnt have the personnel around him that allowed such optimism while in Buffalo.

We could use a DT/NT. What if we trade. down with Jax for number 9 and 20 picks and draft Derrick Brown. He may have 10 sacks if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom