Shaq not sure about playoff opener. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq not sure about playoff opener.

Nets are losing right now and Cavs are up by a bunch.

Yes, a Cavs/Heat 1st round looks imminent. Though NJ is making a comeback against Boston so we'll se what happens.

Edit: I lied, the Celtics are giving the game away giftwrapped.

Nets!!! I told you guys over a month ago, watch out for this team if we make the playoffs!!! Will we did!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nets!!! I told you guys over a month ago, watch out for this team if we make the playoffs!!! Will we did!!!

I laughed when you said that and now I will eat my crow! With RJ back the Nets will be more than a formidable opponent.

Well the mothaf-cka better get sure.......

But yeah, I would've preferred the Cavs. Personally, I think Miami would sweep Cleveland in a 7-game series. The Nets have the ability to push a series to 6 games and maybe 7 if Shaq misses a game. The more rest we get in the first few rounds, the better. Obviously, Miami is a far better team than anyone in the East not named the Detroit Pistons, but I hope we don't take other teams lightly.

X-Con said:
Well the mothaf-cka better get sure.......

But yeah, I would've preferred the Cavs. Personally, I think Miami would sweep Cleveland in a 7-game series. The Nets have the ability to push a series to 6 games and maybe 7 if Shaq misses a game. The more rest we get in the first few rounds, the better. Obviously, Miami is a far better team than anyone in the East not named the Detroit Pistons, but I hope we don't take other teams lightly.

I think it's gonna be a fun series to watch because it's a 1 v. 8 matchup but the Nets aren't playing at all like an 8th seed.

FiN.in.RI said:
I laughed when you said that and now I will eat my crow! With RJ back the Nets will be more than a formidable opponent.

p1_vcarter_getty-1.jpg

Miami is gonna kill this Nets team. I watched the Nets last night and was not impressed. Big game, a playoff game esentially, and at times they were sleep-walking.

MikeO said:
Miami is gonna kill this Nets team. I watched the Nets last night and was not impressed. Big game, a playoff game esentially, and at times they were sleep-walking.

yeah, but 32-8 run (or close to that) with the Celtic starters in the game in the third was big!

Don't count out this team. Franks has done a great job! His zone trap he throws at teams really helps cover up the defensive short comings of this team. He got Carter to play like Carter. He got Kid to play and not give up like he has done with other coaches. They lost Jefferson and Martin!

He won't, but should get coach of the year!

Coach of the year? They are the 8th seeded team in the East and play in the worst division in the HISTORY of the NBA! And they are only in the playoffs because the Cavs handed them a gift by choking their season away. If he gets a vote for coach of the year the NBA ought to close shop.

MikeO said:
Coach of the year? They are the 8th seeded team in the East and play in the worst division in the HISTORY of the NBA! And they are only in the playoffs because the Cavs handed them a gift by choking their season away. If he gets a vote for coach of the year the NBA ought to close shop.

The worst division? How so? I'd say the SE division is pretty bad aside from 2 teams. The atlantic just didn't have a clear cut #1 but there were no <20 game winners in that division.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
yeah, but 32-8 run (or close to that) with the Celtic starters in the game in the third was big!

Don't count out this team. Franks has done a great job! His zone trap he throws at teams really helps cover up the defensive short comings of this team. He got Carter to play like Carter. He got Kid to play and not give up like he has done with other coaches. They lost Jefferson and Martin!

He won't, but should get coach of the year!

LaFrentz and Payton didn't even suit up for the game. Walker & Pierce played about 25 minutes a piece. So it wasn't a 32-8 3rd quarter run with the Celtic starters in the game.

FiN.in.RI said:
The worst division? How so? I'd say the SE division is pretty bad aside from 2 teams. The atlantic just didn't have a clear cut #1 but there were no <20 game winners in that division.

Aside from the Heat and the Wizards the Southeast is a pathetic division. Not too long ago the Heat were also one of those pathetic teams for a big stretch. The Wizards are overacheivers IMO, and they will be a 1st round exit come playoffs. Hell, the Heat were 15-1 in their division. Only loss coming to the Bobcats strangely enough.

Atlantic Division has NJ, Boston, and Philly, all of which i'd consider better than average teams as far as the Eastern Conference is concerned. I'd vote for the Southeast as the worst division in the NBA today.

Back
Top Bottom