Shaq rookie card | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq rookie card

Lungoystr said:
Yeah, the rookies in all sports are short-printed in the base set. This is how it should be....especially since they have flooded the market with chase cards that contain autographs, game used pieces, etc. Autographs in packs of cards used to be something special....now they are a dime a dozen and the value is driven down unless they are limited in number. :(

i disagree i hate it...i liked it back in the daywhen you could asily get teh players you wanted....now you have to spend 20+ for a CHEAP rookie card

Slappy8800 said:
i disagree i hate it...i liked it back in the daywhen you could asily get teh players you wanted....now you have to spend 20+ for a CHEAP rookie card

I like it because it puts more of the focus back on the base set....as it used to be. The autograph and game used chase cards have driven the price of packs up so high (while driving the value of the chase card down) that it isn't a kids hobby anymore. Now, when my son and I are looking for a specific card, we no longer bust open packs.....we just buy it outright. I understand where you are coming from though.

nick19991 said:
I have a Shaq rookie card and I was wondering how much you think it would be worth. I know it will be worth alot more when he retires and becomes a HOF

With all cards it depends on the brand/type of card it is. Marinos Topps rookie is worth a lot but his Donrus for example is not. All depends which rookie card you have.

DonShula84 said:
With all cards it depends on the brand/type of card it is. Marinos Topps rookie is worth a lot but his Donrus for example is not. All depends which rookie card you have.

dont believe tehre is a Donruss Marino rookie....and the price of Marino's rookie has fallen ALOT...used to top out at around 400....now you can get one for about 125

I figure that if I wait about 10 years or so he will be retired and hopefully in the HOF then I hope I can get something. I also have Ken Griffrey Jr's rookie crad

nick19991 said:
I figure that if I wait about 10 years or so he will be retired and hopefully in the HOF then I hope I can get something. I also have Ken Griffrey Jr's rookie crad

you missed out on the Griffey too....was getting about 200 for it in the hey day if it was the upper deck one...now about 50

about 10 maybe for any other

Back
Top Bottom