Shaq visits Dolphins camp. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq visits Dolphins camp.

R_t_Kraken

Active Roster
Reaction score
He has been accused of bringing the NFL to the NBA. His alma mater's former football coach is now coaching the Dolphins. And his thigh injury is more often seen in football players than basketball players.

So it makes all the sense in the world that Shaquille O'Neal was at the Dolphins' training facility in Davie on Tuesday to receive treatment on his nagging injury.

After joining Heat teammates for some light cardiovascular work Tuesday at AmericanAirlines Arena, O'Neal looked to the football side of town for more help with his thigh, which has kept him limping through six playoff games and sitting out of two others.

''My understanding of it is that this is kind of a football injury,'' Dolphins coach Nick Saban said. ``So our medical people are trying to do everything they could to try to help.

``We want Shaq and the Heat to have as much success as they can.''

It has been a month and a day since O'Neal was kneed in the thigh by Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, and his progress has been slow and frustrating. O'Neal admitted Friday to being a bit dejected, and he told Heat coach Stan Van Gundy he felt ''depressed'' before Saturday's series finale against the Wizards.

With the next round not starting until Monday at the earliest, O'Neal will have at least 12 idle days -- assuming he doesn't practice leading up to the start of the series -- which would seem like a good amount of time for recovery. But even his teammates seem to have accepted the fact O'Neal won't be at full strength for the Eastern Conference finals.

''Having a Shaq that's 75 percent is better than not having him at all,'' Dwyane Wade said. ``That's what we're trying to get him to.''

Van Gundy is fed up with answering speculative questions about O'Neal's health, and he said Tuesday there is no target date to get O'Neal back in practice.

''It's not worth having a goal,'' Van Gundy said. ``It's a matter of when he's ready to go, he'll get out there and do whatever he can do and whatever he should do every day. I'm not really thinking in terms of goals or anything.''

If the Dolphins can help speed O'Neal's recovery, maybe the Heat will return the favor by letting O'Neal play a few downs during football season.

''Yeah, we could use him as a tight end,'' Saban joked.

Whatever gets him ready for the ECF. We need Big Shaq, in a BIG WAY.

I 'll show him sacramento Queens!!! "oh oh my toe hurts" (or my fav.) "its not my fault its, its Kobe's fault !" 7'0 320 lbs of waaaaa! Waaaaaa! good thing he's on the heat now if he was still on the best coast, I mean the west coast I'd have shown him a new level of fan violence (J/K) GO SAC. KINGZ!!!!!!!

gonick1 said:
I 'll show him sacramento Queens!!! "oh oh my toe hurts" (or my fav.) "its not my fault its, its Kobe's fault !" 7'0 320 lbs of waaaaa! Waaaaaa! good thing he's on the heat now if he was still on the best coast, I mean the west coast I'd have shown him a new level of fan violence (J/K) GO SAC. KINGZ!!!!!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Queenz fans.

Back
Top Bottom