Sharper released by Texans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sharper released by Texans

Thats what I mean they literally gave that contract to Greenwood, but couldnt pay Sharper, do they like Greenwood better?

As long as he doesn't expect a HUGE contract, Sharper is the man for us to get. He has been successful in both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. Jamie is a bit younger than Zach, and has been emerging since Baltimore's superbowl stint. A linebacker corps like;

Zach Thomas
Junior Seau
Jamie Sharper
Donnie Spragan
Eddie Moore
Derrick Pope
Brandon Ayanbadejo
Jason Taylor (conditionl 3-4 rusher)

Looks excellent to me. I can see Thomas, Sharper, and Seau being the starting linebackers in the 4-3, then moving Seau into the middle with Zach and dropping Jason Taylor back to OLB in 3-4 situations. Not to mention Eddie Moore, and Donnie Spragan will be playing several downs per drive as relief. Pope, and Ayanbadejo are also trustworthy depth.

Joey 22 said:
Thats what I mean they literally gave that contract to Greenwood, but couldnt pay Sharper, do they like Greenwood better?

I think his age was the major factor over Sharper, he is about three years younger I believe. Maybe four. Also Greenwood had a career year last year, but it was rather padded - similar to Zach's, as every team we played ran 70% of the time. This will not happen next year with Bowens, Chester, Holliday, Taylor, Carter, and D.Bowens at the front. My only concern with the D-line is age(injury), we need youth...

why do the pats get to have all the fun...harrison/dillon/now maybe sharper...ooo we got jones, and spragan ooo cmon man this is a joke

Back
Top Bottom