Shaun Alexander a Jaguar? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaun Alexander a Jaguar?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Seahawks | Alexander Deal Discussed? - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:12:21 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks have quietly discussed a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars where they would trade RB Shaun Alexander for a third-round draft pick. The strange part, according to Schefter, is the Jaguars are the ones balking at the deal. Right now, they're not willing to pay the Seahawks or Alexander.

A Third???

You guys would have paid a third.

Its sad how the top players in the game have no trade value. Us

If SA is worth a third, Henry is worth a 5th!!

And if you guys wanted to trade Ricky, good luck.

Losman7 said:
A Third???

You guys would have paid a third.

Its sad how the top players in the game have no trade value. Us

If SA is worth a third, Henry is worth a 5th!!

And if you guys wanted to trade Ricky, good luck.

I do have to question why the Seahawks are only asking for a mid round pick. SA is def worth a 1st rounder, not a 3rd. The Seahawks need to keep him this year and then in the offseason, then should give him a long term contract or trade him for a 1st.

A Third Round Pick for Shaun Alexander?! Jacksonville should JUMP ON THAT!!! I think they'll be a playoff contender if they get Alexander... especially since Fred Taylor is out for the season last I heard.

The offer isnt the problem, its the contract thats the problem. SA will be wanting big time money and i doubt that the Jags can pay him what he wants. It will be getting very interesting as TC comes around. I really dont see a deal getting done between the two teams.

WOW Jacksonville nice trade if they get him. Jacksonville used to be like a second team for me I enojoyed there games last year and with Alexander they will win the division over the Colts.

If Jax gets SA for a 3rd, they will ripp seattle off...Personally I would not want SA to go to Jax, form an AFC standpoint.

This guy must want a boatload of money or something. Cant imagine why a team wouldnt give up a third for him. Strange how Rbs are basically worthless right now.

Worthless yet three were drafted in the top five this year... But we overrate some players, Alexander is what, 28 or something, right? Surtain was traded for a 2nd, it's comparing apples and oranges but I think great RB's are more common than great CBs...

He means if you wanted to trade a RB there worthless on the market because proven backs cost to much.

I can't really understand why the Jags would have interest in Alexander anyway. They have a very good back in Fred Taylor so I don't see why they would pursue Alexander.

As far as compensation goes I think that a 3rd round pick for Alexander is a great value but, the major problem is that Alexander is going to want a huge contract and that is the biggest reason for his lowered trade value.

#84Fan4Life said:
I can't really understand why the Jags would have interest in Alexander anyway. They have a very good back in Fred Taylor so I don't see why they would pursue Alexander.
The reason why they're very interested in Shaun Alexander right now is because of Fred Taylor's injury and the possibility that he may miss the entire season. From what I heard a little while back, Fred Taylor is going to miss the entire season.

you know i really dont know about this trade. me and paulie were talking about it this morning and it really doesnt make sense. i dont think this is a good idear as far a seattle is concerned.

#84Fan4Life said:

As far as compensation goes I think that a 3rd round pick for Alexander is a great value but, the major problem is that Alexander is going to want a huge contract and that is the biggest reason for his lowered trade value.

Fred Taylor is constantly injured.

Back
Top Bottom