Shawn King? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn King?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
King from what I've heard is not getting on Gruden's best side and will definitely be their 3rd string guy. (I'm aware some early reports had Gruden saying King was doing great and could be the starter) new reports have Gruden secretly in love with Rob Johnson.

My thoughts are purely speculation and may never work, but the Bucs could use some help at RB and WR and those are two positions we are very deep at. I think a deal involving Ogden or Baker, and perhaps a guy like Earnest Grant or Leonard Henry and maybe a pick could pry him away and give us the young athletic guy to groom in this O for the future as a 2nd string or possibly future starter.

Anyone have thoughts on this idea or perhps another guy that could work as far as salary, talent, and team willing to give them up?

Phinstd..............

Originally posted by Phinstd
King from what I've heard is not getting on Gruden's best side and will definitely be their 3rd string guy. (I'm aware some early reports had Gruden saying King was doing great and could be the starter) new reports have Gruden secretly in love with Rob Johnson.

My thoughts are purely speculation and may never work, but the Bucs could use some help at RB and WR and those are two positions we are very deep at. I think a deal involving Ogden or Baker, and perhaps a guy like Earnest Grant or Leonard Henry and maybe a pick could pry him away and give us the young athletic guy to groom in this O for the future as a 2nd string or possibly future starter.

Anyone have thoughts on this idea or perhps another guy that could work as far as salary, talent, and team willing to give them up?

My gut feeling on Shawn King is that he's not starting QB material. My belief is that he's a backup QB at best. I personally, wouldn't want to pull the trigger on that possible deal. But that's just my personal opinion.

King was the QB when the Bucs nearly went to the Super Bowl. He stared as a rookie and was never given time to develop. Since Brad came in, he has been completely shut out of the picture. He was great in college at Tulane, he even lead them to an undefeated season!!!

Reread my post and see I said he could be brought in as a solid backup and possibly a future starter if he shows something.

Let's remember here Aqua and Orange I'm talking about him as a 3rd STRING QB! Not as a starter.

Sometimes I wonder if people even read the posts or see what they want so they can make a point they want to make.

And you said you wouldn't want to pull the trigger. Why not? We're talking about players who won't make our team for a position we need help at. What do you just want to get nothing for players we could get something for?

No L.Henry

I think S.King would be an Enormous upgrade @ #3 this year. Cause face it that's all he'd be this late in the year. And throw him in the mix next year. I am hoping Henry makes the Roster. He really could develope.IMHO. I don't think either of the 2 Rookie FA will be on the Roster come the start of the season.-MAYBE the practice squad.

I also would like to see Shawn in a Dolphin uniform, but believe his up side is just what would make his cost to prohibitive. Definite upgrade at #3 though. I also read some unlikely talk about Brad Johnson as well but I don't by it. I do think though that some discarded vet is a real possibility at this position. Does any one have any prospects in mind?

Originally posted by Phinstd
reports have Gruden secretly in love with Rob Johnson.

I know what you're saying, but thats a funny way to put it.:lol: :lol:

I don't think much of King. I can't see him becoming a successful starter for us. I don't want us to trade for him.

I'm merely reaching for #3 guys who can help us. I'm not envisioning anyone who we can get for what we'd give up as a starter.

But alot of guys have developed later in their careers. I don't want King as a starter, but as a developmental backup would be something I'd be interested in at the right price.

The Texans just signed Tony Banks so I think Quinn is now gone and maybe we could sign him.

Shaun King wants to be a starter. He certainly wouldn't like going to another team and being a #3.

Also, the Bucs don't need any help at RB or WR. They're deep at both spots. DT maybe (depth).

I think they are not real deep at RB but that's my opinion. Stephens, Pittman are the only NFL HB's on their roster really. Alstott is more a FB who runs the ball really.

They are slim after there starters at WR I think too. I'm not as up to date as you may be though so I'll believe your opinion.

What about Todd Husak from the Broncs? He was the last man in tonight and usually is an indication of depth chart. (order of guys getting in.) After the first few games. Maybe Henry Burris from GB if he doesn't make the team, although he hasn't looked real good in preseason.

No way Levcik or Kustok is ready to be on an NFL roster right now though. Maybe after a year of NFL Europe, but not this year.

PhinsStd,,you said in another post Quinn wasn't available, now you say he is..We do read your post..I think King would be an excellent QB prospect..He had penty of poise while starting at Tampa..with his hands tie behind his back by coach dungy..I think in Norv's O he would flurish...I didn't think he was that bad in Gruden's O, but he was playing with a lot of 3rd Stringers, not really something to help see what he is about now...If we could do Ogden and Grant for him..I think we have an excellent prospect for the future.

If we're going to trade, let's try to improve where we're thin. Hello, the OL is a big concern right now. Dixon's reported to be doing well at tackle, but we only have Smith/Spriggs as backups and neither one is working out. If we're going to trade how about packaging Ogden, Grant, and maybe a future third rounder for a quality OL?

Back
Top Bottom