Shazor in the third | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shazor in the third

JAREDMANN

Seau's Slut
Reaction score
i was reading and i heard that shazors stock is dropping any chance he drops all the way to our third round pick and if he does is it automatic we take him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=cr-prodays032305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Safety Ernest Shazor ran pedestrian 40s, some as high as 4.73, and likely hurt his stock. Before those times, he was expected to go as high as the second round, but he clearly is slipping. He likely will have to run again to regain that status"

Despite posting poor 40 times, I doubt he drops all the way to the third round with his size and strength, but stranger things have happened. If he is there in the third, I would definately hope we would take him.

i would be sooooooooo happy but i dont think he will fall that far. Being a Michigan fan and watching him every game. THis guy makes plays and will put a hit on anyone he can

Brad528 said:
i would be sooooooooo happy but i dont think he will fall that far. Being a Michigan fan and watching him every game. THis guy makes plays and will put a hit on anyone he can

Except Ted Ginn Jr, uh!:evil:

Brad528 said:

u guys wouldnt rather have Junior Rosengreen?? Between Shazor and Rosengreen, id prefer Rosengreen, mainly because we are looking for hard hitting defensemen...and Rosengreen fits that.

Psychologically speaking, when u have a defense full of the hardest hitting players...the opposing offense gets nervous, and we all know what happens when a team gets nervous (just look at the 62-7 loss against the Jaguars in the playoffs, and the 38-3 loss against the Broncos we suffered). And when a team gets nervous, they suck. I think the only reason Miami did so poorly in the playoffs is cuz they were nervous.

There is a chance he can drop to the third round......Ever heard of the guy we drafted last year who slipped from first to the fourth, Will Poole was suppose to be a first but he slipped because of a bad forty time. I know the forty isn't as important for a safety as it is for a corner but it still may make teams think about drafting him. Anything can happen on draft day

MARINO1384 said:
There is a chance he can drop to the third round......Ever heard of the guy we drafted last year who slipped from first to the fourth, Will Poole was suppose to be a first but he slipped because of a bad forty time. I know the forty isn't as important for a safety as it is for a corner but it still may make teams think about drafting him. Anything can happen on draft day

Poole's stock also dropped because of character issues. He stole computer equipment when he was at BC. He was also arrested for driving under the influence less than two months before the draft.

JAREDMANN said:
i was reading and i heard that shazors stock is dropping any chance he drops all the way to our third round pick and if he does is it automatic we take him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=cr-prodays032305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Safety Ernest Shazor ran pedestrian 40s, some as high as 4.73, and likely hurt his stock. Before those times, he was expected to go as high as the second round, but he clearly is slipping. He likely will have to run again to regain that status"

So If he's so slow why do we want him?? At Safety?!

if we snag him in the third we have steal of draft just like when will poole fell to the 4th

Thats a BIG IF. If Shazor doesnt fall to the 3rd, Im sure we have a few backup plans on who to take. I wonder if Ben Wilkerson called his old coach and reminded him that he plays Center and is pretty good..... :lol:

ItalianDolFan said:
u guys wouldnt rather have Junior Rosengreen?? Between Shazor and Rosengreen, id prefer Rosengreen, mainly because we are looking for hard hitting defensemen...and Rosengreen fits that.

Psychologically speaking, when u have a defense full of the hardest hitting players...the opposing offense gets nervous, and we all know what happens when a team gets nervous (just look at the 62-7 loss against the Jaguars in the playoffs, and the 38-3 loss against the Broncos we suffered). And when a team gets nervous, they suck. I think the only reason Miami did so poorly in the playoffs is cuz they were nervous.

Nicely put. I would'nt mind having either one of them. I've backed Junior because I love his hard hitting mentality. But, I do have a little bias with Ernest because I am a Michigan Fan, but I also like Ernest's playmaking ability and hard hitting. If we drafted one of them, I would be extremely happy.

ItalianDolFan said:

Shazor and Thomas Davis are the two biggest hitting S in the draft... On top of that, Rosegreen isn't good in coverage at all.

Mel Kiper says Shazor is a 4th rounder (then again, you all know what I think of Kiper). I would love Shazor in the 3rd.

I would be happy if he did fall to the 3rd, but just don't see it. He is supposed to go early 2nd. And like what was said earlier, he is arguably the hardest hitting safety in the draft.

I hope his stock keeps dropping;-) Come on down Mr. S...welcome to Sunny...____:-)

is shazor a free or a strong? because remember we picked up Tebucky jones to play SS. and i know he is gonna be 30 when the season starts but unless tillman pans out, i think we need a free more than strong

Back
Top Bottom