Sherfield questionable for Cincy game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sherfield questionable for Cincy game

Thank goodness it happened bc they definitely score if they end up on our side of the field after a quick 40yd punt. That safety saved our butts.....well everyone's except sherfields
Trent Green was thinking we’d take the intentional safety. So tricky there where in doing so a FG beats you. You take it when you’re up by 6. I don’t know about 5 or less.

Trent Green was thinking we’d take the intentional safety. So tricky there where in doing so a FG beats you. You take it when you’re up by 6. I don’t know about 5 or less.
My optimal situation would have never been to give the Bills a chance to have a FG win the game. I would have rather given them the ball at the 10 yard line and asked them to get in with the short field than try to keep them out of FG range when they only needed a FG. Even with a penalty and some passes that they should have caught but were hotly contested they were there - they just ran out of time.

My optimal situation would have never been to give the Bills a chance to have a FG win the game. I would have rather given them the ball at the 10 yard line and asked them to get in with the short field than try to keep them out of FG range when they only needed a FG. Even with a penalty and some passes that they should have caught but were hotly contested they were there - they just ran out of time.
Getting into FG range feels too “easy” nowadays for my taste. I really felt that horrible gut feel when they got the safety. Still can’t believe we held them off

Getting into FG range feels too “easy” nowadays for my taste. I really felt that horrible gut feel when they got the safety. Still can’t believe we held them off
It is easy, when you're facing a good complement of playmakers with all four downs to work with and nothing to lose, its tough.

Last week we started at like the 15 and it took us pretty much 2 or 3 plays to get to FG range, and at that point we were already thinking TD.

Looks to me that Sherfield is actually a TIGHT END, as his butt refused entry to the ball and sent it flying out of the end zone. If he truly was a WIDE RECEIVER, his butt would have held on to the ball. That would have been a great trick play; Sherfield running for a 1st down and no one knows where the ball is! Better yet, he runs 99 yards, and instead of a butt safety, Miami gets a butt TD!

But what if he really can't play on Thurs.? I'm curious to see what the injury report would say. 'Buttock sprain'? 'Bruised taint'?

Because we got to punt them deepish into their end of the field and with them having no TO they had to hurry to get to our 40.

It’s only funny cause we won! Does anyone know if he was lined up incorrectly / too far back?
It looked like he had no room to move back at all. Not sure what he was thinking. In that position you should only move forward when you’re the upman.

Back
Top Bottom