Shirts make stadium look empty when it isnt? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shirts make stadium look empty when it isnt?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was watching the Heat game today and at first glance I thought the stadium was empty! but then I looked closely and noticed it wasnt empty at all! All the seats were filled, but the ones I thought were empty at first glance were people wearing red! It was like an optical illusion!

Is this the same thing that happens to Dolphin games on TV? Everyone always says that Miami has terrible fan attendace based mostly from seeing it on tv.. Do people wearing orange gear make the stadium look empty because they blend with the seats?

I thought the exact same thing. I was like 'wouldn't this be sold out?' I guess they were all wearing red shirts.

The seats in Dolphins Stadium are a couple of inches wider than standard. Therefore, since South Florida bodies are not as morbidly obese as those in other parts of the country, there are always a couple of inches on each side of the chair that show through even when someone is sitting in it.

I remember when Staples Center in LA looked empty because Laker fans wore purple. This year, it really is empty.

Thats because Miami is a horrible sports town. :D

zevo said:
Thats because Miami is a horrible sports town. :D

Willis McGahee was at the Heat game today.. See, even he has enough sense not to stay in Buffalo when he doesnt need to...

DolfanDaveInATX said:
The seats in Dolphins Stadium are a couple of inches wider than standard. Therefore, since South Florida bodies are not as morbidly obese as those in other parts of the country, there are always a couple of inches on each side of the chair that show through even when someone is sitting in it.

that's interesting Dave, I've never heard this theory before. So whadaya think, the herd instinct takes over and everyone closes in all those extra inches leaving acres of unoccupied stadium? Darn, I was hopeing to use this as ANOTHER reason to not wear those ugly orange uni's, oh well, good thinkin' :wink:

The problem at Dolphins games is that the orange seats stick out like a sore thumb, so any seat that is empty (whether the ticketholder didn't show or if the person is at the concession stand/etc. when the camera pans by) can easily be seen, whereas more neutral color seats blend in at other stadiums, so they arent as noticeable. If the whole stadium had aqua seats it would look just as full as any other stadium.

Uhhhhhh........No, the games are really as empty as they look on TV, but somehow the ticket sales aren't that bad, I never understood that.........Even when games are sold out, it looks like there's a lot of empty seats. Maybe it's the big company's that buy a boatload of tickets, and can't sell them, or their employees don't go????

Back
Top Bottom