Short preseason and less physicality in TC hurting the early Quality of play! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Short preseason and less physicality in TC hurting the early Quality of play!

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid they played 6 preseason games and the training camps were physical….

We are now down to 3 preseason games and most teams barely played their starters a full game equivalent. The paranoia of injury has reached extremes if you ask me?

Training camps are now more walk through in shorts than actual physical full speed football, training camps used to be like “boot camps”!

My point is I believe this leads to the overall quality of football we saw on opening weekend, I think the Dolphins would have been much sharper with more prior game reps in preseason. Buffalo was another good example of this IMO!

I think we will see the Dolphins offense improve greatly in the coming weeks, it’s just a shame they don’t work this out in preseason like they used too!

On offense the oline needs lots of reps....on defense the passrush needs to get better.

Even though we did pressure the pats qb but he made quite a few completions with defenders on his face.

It was like keep the receiver in front of you.

We need more pressure to the qb in order to play the corners with tight coverage.

When I was a kid they played 6 preseason games and the training camps were physical….

We are now down to 3 preseason games and most teams barely played their starters a full game equivalent. The paranoia of injury has reached extremes if you ask me?

Training camps are now more walk through in shorts than actual physical full speed football, training camps used to be like “boot camps”!

My point is I believe this leads to the overall quality of football we saw on opening weekend, I think the Dolphins would have been much sharper with more prior game reps in preseason. Buffalo was another good example of this IMO!

I think we will see the Dolphins offense improve greatly in the coming weeks, it’s just a shame they don’t work this out in preseason like they used too!
Shouldn't it be hurting our opponents as well?

Back
Top Bottom