Should AJ fail this season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should AJ fail this season...

PassRush

Drunken Sailor
Reaction score
We win 5-6 games, falling out of range for Matt Lienhart, do we take our chances on the best available quarterback in the draft or do we offer a first to San Diego for Phillip Rivers?

PassRush said:
We win 5-6 games, falling out of range for Matt Lienhart, do we take our chances on the best available quarterback in the draft or do we offer a first to San Diego for Phillip Rivers?
With 5-6 wins, you might see Saban trying to make a package deal with one of the top two teams in the draft to move up and get Leinart. Saban really liked Smith this year, but I could see him liking Lienart more then any player in next year's draft.

IT will be interesting to see what happens next offseason if AJ fails this year. Only Leinart and Jacobs seem locks for the first round. Maybe Leak or Whitehurst in the second or third. I really dont know who else is out there coming from college.

Free agents or Vet possibilities might include Rohan Davey, Jon Kitna, P. Ramsey.

I want Jacobs should he enter..Great athlete with great numbers as a QB.

Aj will be fine, but if he fails...Jacobs is the choice....Linehart will most likely go #1 and that will be to Tenn......

i want one of the LT´s out there, ferguson or the mammoth marcus mcneil, 6`9 345

ether79 said:
Nice choice. At this point I'm torn between Whitehurst and Leinhart in the case of that happening

I like whitehurst also, he had a bad year last year, but he has some tools to work with.

Ya know, it's not gonna happen!!! There is more to a QB's success then talent. With a good system and gameplan we should be fine. AJ has ability's, he has the ideal size and a strong arm for a pro QB. With an improvement in the blocking schemes and a running game AJ won't be the one looking like the weakest link! I can't understand people here, we aren't even to camp and some people think AJ not a starting QB.
Please tell me besides the secondary which position looked great last year???

AJ will be fine if not Gus will step in. But honestly, to think AJ will stink and not even mention the rest of the team or the crap coaching staff proves some of you believe the reports that we are really a 4-12 team and you showing you have no faith in Sabans coaching staff or system!!!! Wake up people it's only June!!!

I agree, I think we have to wait and see which is worse (in this hypothetical IF ... stuff). LT or QB. I really like some of those big LT's. We have not had a real LT in many years... since Webb.

i believe that if a.j. stinks up the joint that we make a trade with san diego for brees or rivers...

Unfortunately, I think we'll be QB hunting next year. We may keep A.J. and/or Gus. But I think we'll be drafting a young guy regardless.

Back
Top Bottom