Should be a good game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should be a good game...

Ninerfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey Dolphins Fans!! Great game last night. You guys really dominated the colts. So how do all of you see the match up against my 49ers going this week?? I think you guys definitely have the emotional advantage after the niners got spanked by the Rams. I like how the niners defense matches up against your offense and I think our offense versus your defense will be a real battle. Probably what will determine the outcome will be Terrell Owens versus the quality secondary that you guys have. Look forward to talking to all of you throughout this week!!!

It should be a really great game

I would think that the 9ers 2ndary vs. D WR is bigger factor since Fins have the best all-around 2ndary in the league and SF can pass. But if Jay can continue to pick on weaker 2 or 3 or 4 CBs, we will be able to keep the formula that has us at 9-3 going: which is 3rd down efficiency.

Should defiently be a good one! ;) To me..I think this is a Super Bowl type of game :eek: I know I will be biting my nails off :p

That's true. The Rams were able to exploit the niners weakness at the nickel and dime back position. The 49ers, due to injuries, and lack of talent just don't have anyone that can cover a good 4th or 5th wide receiver. Who is the number 4 or 5 guy right now for you guys??

Dedrick Ward is the #4 WR, but you better have a big CB to cover Gadsden and 2 DBs to cover Chambers and then another solid DB to cover Mcknight. Lastly, Minor - our rookie 3rd down led the team in yards receiving last night and made a huge 27 yard catch in traffic to setup the 1st TD. In another words, we got depth.:D

expect:

Jason Webster at 5'9" to get picked on

I don't know much about stats..but after what I saw with Chambers, Minor and even Mcknight...I know these are some true bad asses! In the next 3-4 yrs...I think we are going to be rockin the NFL cause Chambers and Mcknight are the receivers that we have missed since Duper and Clayton left...Minor is looking more like Emmitt Smith but faster :eek: So, I say..beware of these guys..cause if they use there athletic potential..It's going to be very interesting come Sun :p ;)

I think the niners will probably play zone against you guys since the one on one match ups aren't the favorable for them. Except for any of your guys against Ahmed Plummer. He's turning into a premier corner back for the niners. Anyways, they used the zone scheme last week against the rams and Kurt Warner was held to under 300 yards and the Rams were held to under 30 points. Of course, what killed them was the 4th wide receiver, Ricky Proehl. I think they will use Schulters and Bronson to help out with your giants, Gadsden and Chambers. That's true Webster is only 5'9" but don't underestimate him. He is a very good cover man. He uses his speed and body position well. The key for Fiedler will be whether or not he can put it up high enough to get it over his head.

The Fins have been real patient on O so a zone will not bother us. Shutting down the Fins running game will be the key. Ward started for the Jets last year so he's a awesome #4 guy.

I think in the end it will come down to 2 key points again as usual in big games...#1 Our defensive play and #2 the turnovers. If Jay continues to stay out of trouble and we produce off any turnovers we are givin we will be able to control the outcome..:cool:

Who is your starting offensive tackles right now?? If I remember right from last nights game you guys have some injuries there. Another matchup may be Andre Carter versus your right tackle. Carter got two sacks against Orlando Pace of the Rams, a pretty good player. Also, the niners like to put Julien Petersen, a linebacker, on the other side and rush with him in passing situations. Both of those guys are speed rushers, not power guys. Just curious what that match up is going to look like...

Originally posted by Flyin11
I think in the end it will come down to 2 key points again as usual in big games...#1 Our defensive play and #2 the turnovers. If Jay continues to stay out of trouble and we produce off any turnovers we are givin we will be able to control the outcome..:cool:
Exactly:
  1. Jay m/b patient and continue to avoid mistake
  2. The D must not let SF get the running game going / make the SF O be 1-dimensional
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by Ninerfan
Who is your starting offensive tackles right now?? If I remember right from last nights game you guys have some injuries there. Another matchup may be Andre Carter versus your right tackle. Carter got two sacks against Orlando Pace of the Rams, a pretty good player. Also, the niners like to put Julien Petersen, a linebacker, on the other side and rush with him in passing situations. Both of those guys are speed rushers, not power guys. Just curious what that match up is going to look like...

RT Todd Wade and LT Spenser Folau. Wade is good run blocking and sometimes slower pass blocked so that is a key matchup ag. Carter; and Folau has been bad on the run, but solid on the pass. Jay does not get sacked much - he's a lot like Garcia about moving away from the rush with scrambles and roll outs.

Yeah, that could be a key match up with Wade and Carter. It will almost be a race...will Carter beat Wade and get to Fiedler faster than Fiedler can work through his progressions and find that #3 or #4 receiver where the 'phins have the mismatch in their favor. That will be a big battle all game. Also, for the running game you guys will have to run outside. It's very difficult to run up the middle on Young and Stubblefield....not to mention Derek Smith at MLB who is a tackling machine.

If you saw last nites game you know we ran every which way, but typically Lamar has been sent between the T to no avail. Last night's game was a much smarter game plan.

Back
Top Bottom