Should Dolphins go Back to Rosen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins go Back to Rosen?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick has definitely given Miami a spark, but you've also got to live with the bad plays. Turnovers have played a huge role in consecutive losses.

The Buffalo game in particular might have been a win without the huge interception in the red zone.

Maybe it's time to go back to Rosen? I would like to have more of an evaluation on him moving forward.

Nope. Not happening this team has its captain, and he is going down with the ship.

I understand your point though. Rosen should start if you think he could have a future here, but he doesnt, and they know that already.

Fitzpatrick has definitely given Miami a spark, but you've also got to live with the bad plays. Turnovers have played a huge role in consecutive losses.

The Buffalo game in particular might have been a win without the huge interception in the red zone.

Maybe it's time to go back to Rosen? I would like to have more of an evaluation on him moving forward.
Fitz 7 int's
Rosen 5 int's

Not much of a difference considering snap counts. I think it's time to give up on the Rosen pipe dream.He's played in 19 NFL games and hasn't shown any capability of being a starter much less being a quality starter.

No way … he's not ready and, to me, he's a back up at best … the offense needs continuity and leadership … these "preseason" games we seem to be playing is a good way to evaluate talent but with Rosen at the helm the rest of the offense suffers … there would be literally no growth or development in game time situations with the offense and next season we would be behind the curve again … IMO

Nope. Not happening this team has its captain, and he is going down with the ship.

I understand your point though. Rosen should start if you think he could have a future here, but he doesnt, and they know that already.

Actually, that's also a very good reason TO play him. Fitz could help Miami scratch out a win or two and they don't want that.

I don’t think Rosen is ready, I wouldn’t play him unless he is anticipating throws and not late on throws (hospital balls) in practice. Until then it’s a waste of time:

I don’t think Rosen is ready, I wouldn’t play him unless he is anticipating throws and not late on throws (hospital balls) in practice. Until then it’s a waste of time:
Exactly. If he's showing it in practice, start him. If he isn't, nope.

Not a question we can answer.

IMO, the important question has already been answered. He shows no reason not to choose a top QB in the 2020 draft.
I get that. But are we there yet? I agree Rosen hasn't shown much and that is disappointing, especially his game against Washington. But, we are still looking at a young quarterback who had very little talent to work with in Arizona and now here in Miami.

I'm not 100 percent convinced the team knows what it has in Rosen, or that the lights can't suddenly go on for him.

Hey, the season is not over. I wouldn't say that Fitzpatrick has nailed down the spot, so if Rosen shows well in practice I say throw him back in there. This is his evaluation season, and his trial for other teams if we move on as most expect us to do. Fitzpatrick may still be the better QB ... but at 0-7, every coach should be playing for the future. This roster doesn't have it in them to win 9 straight and make the playoffs. It's a tank season, we've tanked, now let's see what the young guy's got.

At the end of the day, we have to see what we have with Rosen. He will have to start soon otherwise we are wasting this chance under little pressure to evaluate him. Obviously he's not proved that he's starting material, but can he be a back up ? We don't know yet, we know what we have with Fitz, the only reason to keep persisting with him is because we want to evaluate others on the O that because of Rosen's sub par performances we've not had a chance to.

I get that. But are we there yet? I agree Rosen hasn't shown much and that is disappointing, especially his game against Washington. But, we are still looking at a young quarterback who had very little talent to work with in Arizona and now here in Miami.

I'm not 100 percent convinced the team knows what it has in Rosen, or that the lights can't suddenly go on for him.
I understand he's not played with very much talent in either season but he should be able to hit anyone in stride no matter how talented they are. Reading a defense shouldn't be affected by who is on offense. When a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick looks much better in the same situation, you have to face facts. Can the lights go on for Rosen? Absolutely, but there's no guarantee they ever will and we aren't in a position to wait around.

Back
Top Bottom