Should Dolphins Make a Play for RT Tevon Jenkins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Dolphins Make a Play for RT Tevon Jenkins?

How bad are the injuries and what do they want for him?
I read some Chicago based articles and he seems out of favor there. Not sure if it is because the new regime did not draft him or he is not panning out. Those writers did not seem too upset about his potential departure.
To me, our OL is still not good enough. Unproven LG in Liam, C in Williams, RT in Jackson, no backup for Armstead. I would likely try for him. And by the way, why are we not pursuing Trotter? Would that not solve both LG and C?

Back injury…

Yikes

Like others, liked him a lot but it does seem like a major concern thus far

Right or wrong, I think the Dolphins are willing to slightly gamble on Jackson, and hope he can become the Linemen he was supposed to be on the right with better coaching.

He's still extremely young, and he also has great physical potential if he can put it together mentally.

If he can't, Miami might feel more comfortable finding someone on the right next season in FA and/or the draft.
Is Jackson’s problem mental? Lack of intelligence mental or lack of mental toughness mental?

I truly believe Jackson will surprise a lot of people this year.

However, a 3rd or less, I would not complain. Worth the competition.

But I am a believer in A jax. He will shine this year.

Is Jackson’s problem mental? Lack of intelligence mental or lack of mental toughness mental?
Neither, Jackson's problem is processing speed. He is unable to translate what he is seeing into reaction time at a normal speed. I suffer from a similar issue and to date it is not fixable. Watch when someone crosses his face, watch how long it takes for Jackson to respond. It has nothing to do with his intelligence and certainly nothing to do with his physical ability, he is a beast, but will never be able to respond to something that doesn't go the way he is expecting from an opponent. I think he would have been better on defense, so he could have been the one dictating the action. Only problem there is he doesn't have that killer instinct. He will NEVER be a consistent OL starter, he just won't.

Not just about acquisition cost but also whether Jenkins would displace someone the coaching staff believes could be as good or better without any additional expenditure.

Funny all the opinions of how our Great coaching staff will improve Eirch. and Jackson.
Haven't heard a thing about them and what they could do for Jenkens. ( What happened to our super move mountains coaching staff ? )

Injury a huge concern, and can't see them asking or getting higher than a 5th, if healthy, if that.

Rather get a center but we do need OL back ups...GET A FRIGGIN CENTER !

Funny all the opinions of how our Great coaching staff will improve Eirch. and Jackson.
Haven't heard a thing about them and what they could do for Jenkens. ( What happened to our super move mountains coaching staff ? )

Injury a huge concern, and can't see them asking or getting higher than a 5th, if healthy, if that.

Rather get a center but we do need OL back ups...GET A FRIGGIN CENTER !
???Then you may not have been listening. There have been positive reports on both guys and Eich even had the orange jersey one day. And BTW Davis was raving yesterday about how good Williams has been at C and how it's making him better.

Williams is not worth a 4th. At any stager. If someone offered up a 6th, then yes, that would be fair.

A 4th...hahahaha. Please....
I was saying trade Williams and a 4th for their o lineman

???Then you may not have been listening. There have been positive reports on both guys and Eich even had the orange jersey one day. And BTW Davis was raving yesterday about how good Williams has been at C and how it's making him better.
Watching all chats, have no discrepancy with your statement. Just pointing out poor comprehension of my statement. You just missed the point for your benefit having to do with the post of the 40 ish posters in which importance of Coaches basis forpresent players development up to now, not much mention of what they might do with a Jenkins.

Not talking positive reports which believe it or not there being poor plays chatted at times too (another topic though )

Back
Top Bottom