Should he (Ireland) stay or should he go? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should he (Ireland) stay or should he go?

Curious to know what everyone at FinHeaven.com thinks about Jeff Ireland. We posted a story today outlining why Jeff Ireland should not return as Dolphins GM next season. Thus far, 89% of Dolphins fans want him gone. What do you all think?

I don't really think Ireland's the problem. We have brought in good talent. Our vacuum of talent at WR right now is more attributed to Philbin changing things up when he got here. We're a diff. football team w/ Brandon Marshall. I'd venture to say we might be in the playoffs.

But I still think it was a good move, so that Philbin could build the team he wants. Ireland is doing his job.

Look none of us expected a great season this year. We've switched our schemes on offense and defense, Ireland has stockpiled us with tons of high picks to assist Philbin in bringing in HIS kind of players.

Getting rid of Ireland would be a silly pandering move to placate a fickle fan base that doesn't come to games anyway. Keep Ireland.

I don't really think Ireland's the problem. We have brought in good talent. Our vacuum of talent at WR right now is more attributed to Philbin changing things up when he got here. We're a diff. football team w/ Brandon Marshall. I'd venture to say we might be in the playoffs.

But I still think it was a good move, so that Philbin could build the team he wants. Ireland is doing his job.

Look none of us expected a great season this year. We've switched our schemes on offense and defense, Ireland has stockpiled us with tons of high picks to assist Philbin in bringing in HIS kind of players.

Getting rid of Ireland would be a silly pandering move to placate a fickle fan base that doesn't come to games anyway. Keep Ireland.

You sir, are either:

A. Jeff Ireland

B. Old as hell and full of patience

C. Delusional

D. Both "B" and "C"

He's a perfect fit for the Dolphins organization.

i disagree, but plz explain why you think this.

My opinion
He should be fired, we arent gettin any better under him an that should be enough for him to be fired. An 0-7 start was not enough to get this dude fired i just dont know what ppl see in this dude that makes them want him back. You can only blames sparano for so much, ireland has to take half the blame. Its not fair to fire sparano and keep ireland, i would have prefered to keep sparano if ireland was not gettin fired. You are basically putting a bandage on a woud that needs to be stitched up. Its just note enough to fix the problem. The vontae davis trade and marshall trades was the final straw for me, we are basically handing out 1st round picks to other teams because ireland keeps screwing up.

Curious to know what everyone at FinHeaven.com thinks about Jeff Ireland. We posted a story today outlining why Jeff Ireland should not return as Dolphins GM next season. Thus far, 89% of Dolphins fans want him gone. What do you all think?

I've probably defended Ireland than most.
To be honest, and I'm trying to take my homer glasses off, I think Ireland is good in the first round and at the end of the draft, more so the undrafted FA's.
It's his 2nd/3rd/4th round picks that are troubling to me.

At the same time, I'm willing to give him one more offseason with Philbin, the draft picks and our cap space to see his so called plan come through.
It would appear Ireland has set things up for a big offseason.
I'm willing to give him one last chance to see his plan through.

I wouldn't argue if somebody feels differently though.
I can see both sides.

Don't need to, it is a waste time of time to even talk about it. Ireland will likely be back.

What has ireland done to win you over like this?? has the dolphins won a playoff game under him? im just interested what has convinced you that ireland can make this team a contender? we are pretty much at the same spot we were last year, almost the same amounts of win and losses. Ireland has given away 1st round picks (vontae, Marshall) to other teams for mediocre picks and hes free agency signings speaks for themselves. So what is it that gives you blind faith in ireland???

I've probably defended Ireland than most.
To be honest, and I'm trying to take my homer glasses off, I think Ireland is good in the first round and at the end of the draft, more so the undrafted FA's.
It's his 2nd/3rd/4th round picks that are troubling to me.

At the same time, I'm willing to give him one more offseason with Philbin, the draft picks and our cap space to see his so called plan come through.
It would appear Ireland has set things up for a big offseason.
I'm willing to give him one last chance to see his plan through.

I wouldn't argue if somebody feels differently though.
I can see both sides.

You think he's good in the first round?....lol..... lets see who he's taken in the first round. A LT with the number 1 overall pick. Can you say safe pick instead of playmaker? The number 1 pick in the draft should either give you lots of points on offence or stop the other team from scoring. A Lt can't do either. Then he takes a corner with an attitude problem who's now gone. He took a damn center at 15 when we had no playmakers on the team.What else, he took Odrick when we could have drafted JPP or Thomas. Which of those decisions makes you feel like he's "good in the first round"? Let me ask you, how many PLAYS do those guys have combined for in the NFL? And by plays I'm talking TD's, Sacks, INT's. Long, Pouncy,Davis and Odrick......all 1st round picks and how many plays have they ever made?

Ozzy rules!!

I believe that if the Fins do not win 7 games, he is gone. If we end up 5-11 or 6-10, we have regressed from last year. remember last year we won 6 out of 9 to finish the season.
In either case, when you look around the league and you see other teams improving and making strides the Fins are still stuck in neutral. The Colts are 8-4 and are going in the right direction.
Five years ago it was Atlanta coming off a dismal season, they made the right moves and now they are competing for the super bowl. Meanwhile we keep turning over marginal players and changing staffs.
What is the common denominator...Jeff Ireland. He has been the problem all along.
I want him gone. Let Philbin run the draft the way Shula used too. He could not do any worse. Or get another GM that deserves a promotion...like a brian Gaine.
Philbin and staff will be ruined by another season of Ireland.
Mr Ross...just fire him now. You can expect another 10K seats sold just from the announcement.
Rant over.

Right On Dude. Everything you Said is too True Man. Other Teams make big strides. We are regressing yet again...

i disagree, but plz explain why you think this.

My opinion
He should be fired, we arent gettin any better under him an that should be enough for him to be fired. An 0-7 start was not enough to get this dude fired i just dont know what ppl see in this dude that makes them want him back. You can only blames sparano for so much, ireland has to take half the blame. Its not fair to fire sparano and keep ireland, i would have prefered to keep sparano if ireland was not gettin fired. You are basically putting a bandage on a woud that needs to be stitched up. Its just note enough to fix the problem. The vontae davis trade and marshall trades was the final straw for me, we are basically handing out 1st round picks to other teams because ireland keeps screwing up.

He's a perfect fit for the Dolphins because there's always an excuse.

I couldn't care less what they do with him. They can give him a lifetime contract and stick him in the Ring of Honor for all I care. I'm just saying the same thing I've always said... the folks that want him deserve him.

He's a perfect fit for the Dolphins because there's always an excuse.

I couldn't care less what they do with him. They can give him a lifetime contract and stick him in the Ring of Honor for all I care. I'm just saying the same thing I've always said... the folks that want him deserve him.

Wait. So youre saying we should judge Ireland on his body of work and not give him a free pass for some bull**** arbitrary reason every few years?

Strange philosophy you have there.

Back
Top Bottom